Attached Files

#32 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:31 AM

Yes he is, but he also has longer hair in a different style. That photo was taken last year before they had ordered their movie weapons including the PPK's.

It means nothing that he's got a P99 in that picture.

You'll also find that won't be the dinner jacket he is wearing in the film, he will have had another one tailored for him by Brioni (he is wearing one according to Stax script review).

Edited by Leon, 06 March 2006 - 01:34 AM.

#33 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:56 PM

Well the P99 is now confirmed as his main weapon. The PPK IS in the film, they ordered them for certain.

The role is not known, but it is possible it features as his gun in the pre-title sequence.

#34 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:57 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing the PPK in the film, but Bond needs to carry the P99. I will forget the continuity of Wai Lin giving him his first one, etc., as long as he carries it, since Daniel's Bond would probably say "Wai who?"

#35 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:13 PM

Well the P99 is now confirmed as his main weapon. The PPK IS in the film, they ordered them for certain.

The role is not known, but it is possible it features as his gun in the pre-title sequence.

I don't know this for sure, but I think the pic in The Sun of Craig sitting in the chair pointing the P99 is from the PTS, so...

I'm dissapointed. I wanted the PPK back. I consider the P99 part of the bloat of the Brosnan era.

#36 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:36 PM

I'm still hoping they will use both guns and do it appropriately...

The P99 for circumstances where concealment isn't a concern, and the PPK when it is...

#37 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:48 PM

From the pictures I've seen it actually looks like a Beretta to me, not a P99 but I'm sure you all know better than I do :tup:

#38 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:59 PM

I'm still hoping they will use both guns and do it appropriately...

The P99 for circumstances where concealment isn't a concern, and the PPK when it is...

Of course then you'd have Bond going around with 2 weapons. :tup: Wouldn't Stax be able to say if the PPK is in the script? If they're going to use both or if they are going to transfer from one to the other, then I would think it would be mentioned in the script.

I think we got the P99 only, although as I mentioned in another thread, the picture with Craig from the Sun - the barrel looks shorter than a typical P99. It may be a P99c or a variant of.

#39 krypt

krypt

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:25 AM

Of course then you'd have Bond going around with 2 weapons.

Bond carries both the Walther PPK and the Walther P99 in some of the Benson novels.

#40 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

Posted Image

Which gun is that there? It doesn't look like the P99 to me...

The barrel looks too rounded to be a P99 but then again all the other pictures from this scene he is using the P99. Perhaps Bond loses his gun and takes the bomber's?

Edited by Andrew, 13 March 2006 - 12:44 AM.