35 replies to this topic

#31 Roger Moore's Bad Facelift

Roger Moore's Bad Facelift

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:05 AM

What scenes were moved around chronologically?

Now Gustav meets with Zao in Iceland prior to doing the Icarus exhibition, then the Icarus exhibition occurs, then when Bond is caught snooping around the Greenhouse they inexplicably flash to a scene of Zao and Gustav back in Gustav's quarters as the computer alerts them to Bond's invasive prying.
Bond also no longer opens a steam exhaust valve to strike down two Gustav henchman. Miranda grabs him before that occurrs.

Also, after the much maligned and poorly executed glacier surfing scene, Bond no longer uses his parachute to ensnare a henchman and steal his motorbike. As the scene currently stands, it seems Bond either hitches a ride or simply bears the elements to return back to Gustav's Ice Palace.

There are many more.

Edited by Roger Moore's Bad Facelift, 12 February 2006 - 07:14 AM.

#32 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:08 AM

Curious... very curious. I really wish I'd watched now, just to see all this weird cutting.

#33 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:25 AM

The ENTIRE Moneypenny/VR scene, completely gone?! Oh come on! :D

And apparently, Miranda isn't a "bitch" after all. :tup:

#34 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:42 AM

The ENTIRE Moneypenny/VR scene, completely gone?! Oh come on! :D

I know... it was one of the best moments in the film. Ridiculous, yes. But seeing Moneypenny and Bond kiss for once was pure gold, and the laughter it caused was definitely worth it. It was the nicest wink at the 40 years of Bond that the whole film offered up.

I mean, of course, if you're viewing it as "just another entry" it doesn't really work. But I view DIE ANOTHER DAY as the end cap on a whole era of 40 years of Bond, a kind of reflection of sorts on that.

And apparently, Miranda isn't a "bitch" after all. :tup:

Eh, I hated Berry's delivery of that line, so I wouldn't have shed a tear at that edit.

#35 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:26 AM

Sounds they improved the film to me.

#36 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:14 PM

Just tuned in to see Bond/Graves sword fight and they cut parts of it!!! The whole bit with the guy reading the newspaper, Graves throwing the sword, and the picture getting torn was taken out!!! Thats one of my favorite parts of the movie :D

Bah! Not only is that the best scene in the movie, its the single best action scene in any of the Brosnan films. No doubt they leave the ice parasurfing in though :tup:

Quite. Of all scenes to cut - the Blades sequence?!

Topics merged.