9PM (ET/PT)

#2 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:52 AM

I'm surprised it took this long for it to air on regular tv.

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:47 AM

Is this the free-to-air-TV premier!!?? :tup:

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

Seems like it.

First on the premium channels, then SPIKE (I think) and now CBS.

#5 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:06 PM

I'll pass. It's bad enough without commerials.

#6 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:14 AM

Seems like it.

It wasn't on SPIKE was it? I wacthed there Bond marathons and didn't see it. If it was I must have missed it.

#7 bondrocks14

bondrocks14

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:44 AM

Seems like it.

It wasn't on SPIKE was it? I wacthed there Bond marathons and didn't see it. If it was I must have missed it.

No it wasn't on Spike. Funny thing is, Spike always showed clips of Goldeneye during the commericials for the Christmas marathon, but never actually showed the movie.

#8 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:40 AM

Seems like it.

No it wasn't on Spike. Funny thing is, Spike always showed clips of Goldeneye during the commericials for the Christmas marathon, but never actually showed the movie.

Spike showed it in September, but curiously it wasn't a part of their Thanksgiving or Xmas marathons...so maybe they only had the rights for a limited time, who knows.

#9 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:19 PM

Spike showed it in September, but curiously it wasn't a part of their Thanksgiving or Xmas marathons...so maybe they only had the rights for a limited time, who knows.

Right. Was wondering why we didn't see it feature in the Spike Thanksgiving James Bond Marathon.

#10 trumanlodge89

trumanlodge89

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:03 AM

apparently they've edited it for time... hopefully this means the whole sequence on the plane got cut. :tup:

#11 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:47 AM

Could lose that one CGI sequence...

#12 Fro

Fro

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:02 AM

Wow... this movie loses whatever little zest it had pan & scan... looks like "Bond: The Cheap TV Movie". Although it does seem hacked up a bit.

Edited by Fro, 12 February 2006 - 03:16 AM.

#13 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:15 AM

Just tuned in to see Bond/Graves sword fight and they cut parts of it!!! The whole bit with the guy reading the newspaper, Graves throwing the sword, and the picture getting torn was taken out!!! Thats one of my favorite parts of the movie :tup:

#14 trumanlodge89

trumanlodge89

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:34 AM

i was upset by that too.... it was one of the only sequences that flemming would've enjoyed, IMO.

#15 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:39 AM

I tuned in during the Bond-Jinx bedroom scene and was surprised they kept in as much of that as they did.

#16 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:59 AM

Just tuned in to see Bond/Graves sword fight and they cut parts of it!!! The whole bit with the guy reading the newspaper, Graves throwing the sword, and the picture getting torn was taken out!!! Thats one of my favorite parts of the movie :D

Bah! Not only is that the best scene in the movie, its the single best action scene in any of the Brosnan films. No doubt they leave the ice parasurfing in though :tup:

#17 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:30 AM

Anybody stick with it til the end? I noticed they attached a Sony Television tag right after the MGM lion as the credits started to roll.

#18 Roger Moore's Bad Facelift

Roger Moore's Bad Facelift

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:37 AM

Scenes moved chronologically out of place.
Dialogue arbitrarily excised.
Certain scenes gone.
Sanctimoniously expurgating more ribald elements (lewd "cock fights" mention designedly edited out) yet every scene of violence included.
A Bond film hasn't been this transmogrified since the narrated TV broadcast of OHMSS.
To think the advertisements proclaimed this to be the Network Broadcast Premiere! -Not hardly.
This abomination most certainly was not the film I know and enjoy from time to time.
I know there is a faction of fans who already strongly feel that DAD is a frenetically edited, incomprehensible choppy mess, to them I say; guys, you ain't seen nothing.

Edited by Roger Moore's Bad Facelift, 12 February 2006 - 06:54 AM.

#19 A Kristatos

A Kristatos

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:59 AM

Scenes moved chronologically out of place.
Dialogue arbitrarily excised.
Certain scenes gone.
Sanctimoniously expurgiating more ribald elements (lewd "cock fights" mention designedly edited out) yet every scene of violence included.
A Bond film hasn't been this transmogrified since the narrated TV broadcast of OHMSS.
To think the advertisements proclaimed this to be the Network Broadcast Premiere! -Not hardly.
This abomination most certainly was not the film I know and enjoy from time to time.
I know there is a faction of fans who already strongly feel that DAD is a frenetically edited, incomprehensible choppy mess, to them I say; guys, you ain't seen nothing.

Well, I just watched the last hour or so of it, and I saw they cut out the cuss words, and the Moneypenny "virtual reality" scene at the end (must have been too "raunchy" for network tv!).

Well, all I can say is, wait for it to be shown on cable/satellite tv, or pop in your dvd version of it. I know this bad for those who don't have cable or have not bought the dvd, but life is not always fair. :tup:

#20 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:17 AM

Well, removing some of the dialogue might not have hurt, honestly. I'm sorry I missed it all of a sudden - sounds interesting. What scenes were moved around chronologically?

#21 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:18 AM

Just started watching it (West coast). The entire conversation between Gen. Moon "I don't condone what they do here/Tell it to the concierge" is completely gone! Bond is yanked out of his prison cell and suddenly is outside facing the firing squad. You bastards!

Strangely I'm going to keep watching though :tup:

#22 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:19 AM

Just started watching it (West coast). The entire conversation between Gen. Moon "I don't condone what they do here/Tell it to the concierge" is completely gone! Bond is yanked out of his prison cell and suddenly is outside facing the firing squad. You bastards!

Strangely I'm going to keep watching though :tup:

Wow - that's a pretty big, but pretty interesting cut. Hmm...

#23 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:01 AM

Strangely I'm going to keep watching though :D

Wow - that's a pretty big, but pretty interesting cut. Hmm...

Some other stuff gone - Bond asking the Cuban sleeper for a fast car, and the entire scene between M and Falco?!

All the horrendous Jinx intro stuff is still in though :tup:

#24 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:08 AM

Sounds like it blew lol

#25 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:13 AM

What the hell is going on with those guys? :tup: Those cuts are inexcusable and is one reason (along with commercials) that I will never again watch a Bond film on television. I'll stick to the videos/DVDs thank you very much. :D

#26 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:16 AM

My God, the swordfight scene was horrible; the beauty of this scene is how it escalates from a gentleman's sporting wager into an all-out war between two men, but CBS just cut it down to Stuff Getting Smashed Up.

yet another cut - though an insignificant one; when Bond goes through the 'secret door' on the bridge it doesn't show him going down the stairs, he's suddenly standing in front of M.

And what's with all the ads for bladder control products? Who the hell do they think is watching?? :tup:

#27 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:18 AM

Whoa. Sounds like quite the travesty.

#28 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:25 AM

That movie is crap. I don't care what the cut or version or of it is. It's just a horrible Bond film.

#29 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:30 AM

That movie is crap. I don't care what the cut or version or of it is. It's just a horrible Bond film.

:tup: Change the record, mate.

#30 Roger Moore's Bad Facelift

Roger Moore's Bad Facelift

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:54 AM

My God, the swordfight scene was horrible; the beauty of this scene is how it escalates from a gentleman's sporting wager into an all-out war between two men, but CBS just cut it down to Stuff Getting Smashed Up.

Yeah, at the end of the swordfighting scene we see amenities being carried out from the club that were obviously destroyed in Bond v. Gustav's wake, however, the scenes wherein those amenities are damaged is not included.
No jumping over the chair. No slashing of antique paintings.
No startled newspaper-reading sedentary bystanders.
Nothing.
They start fighting and in a matter of seconds they are already outside and in the fountain. :tup:
The one scene that both fans and detractors of DAD found common ground on, is rendered absolutely substandard.

Edited by Roger Moore's Bad Facelift, 12 February 2006 - 07:14 AM.