37 replies to this topic

#31 Quartermaster007

Quartermaster007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:06 AM

No, they had some commercials on with Q talking about the gadgets used in the game.

#32 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:28 PM

[quote name='Mak Man' date='14 December 2005 - 01:04']I think this game was geared more towards an older demographic.

Edited by Jaws0178, 26 December 2005 - 04:33 PM.

#33 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:02 PM

If the game has been a flop then it's a damn shame. I recieved it as an xmas present, and so far I am thoroughly enjoying and I dare say it's probably the best Bond related game since GoldenEye 64 (yes, I think it's THAT good).

#34 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:36 AM

If the game has been a flop then it's a damn shame. I recieved it as an xmas present, and so far I am thoroughly enjoying and I dare say it's probably the best Bond related game since GoldenEye 64 (yes, I think it's THAT good).

View Post

It seems to be a much more well-liked "flop" compared to the previous effort - GoldenEye: Rogue Agent.

#35 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:00 AM

View Post

It seems to be a much more well-liked "flop" compared to the previous effort - GoldenEye: Rogue Agent.

View Post

In comparison to GE:RA. That's not saying much. In comparison to EoN it's not holding up as well. We'll find out in about 1-2 weeks whether it got in the top 10 for December. I'll post as soon as I get the info.

#36 SportzStooge007

SportzStooge007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:45 AM

That's just too much competition! How amny teens can afford to buy every game out there? If those were movies in a summer Bond would get crushed ah la LTK.

View Post

I agree, its a lot of competition for Bond.

But, all the same, Bond is usually a big seller.

For some reason, whether it be because of a poor ad campaign, mediocre reviews, or just the game lacking that "umph" that EoN had, people just didn't eat it up.

I know for one, that many of my friends have just passed over it.

#37 Tinfinger

Tinfinger

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:19 AM

Well, that kinda sucks, doesn't bode well for future Bond games, does it? I really hoped Connery would do another one if this one sold well. Had my hopes set on Thunderball.

#38 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

In comparison to GE:RA. That's not saying much. In comparison to EoN it's not holding up as well. We'll find out in about 1-2 weeks whether it got in the top 10 for December. I'll post as soon as I get the info.

View Post

Yes, that's a fair point, and I do agree. It's funny that the game is the most far removed from suave, sophisticated "bondian" elements - namely GoldenEye 64, is often (but not always) considered the best. And with how many years ago it was...

Maybe they just need to go back to something simple like that? However, that brings up the point of would the idea even be accepted by the makers, graphics, etc...