46 replies to this topic

#1 Bond Bug

Bond Bug

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:48 PM

So much for Michael G Wilson stating that they hired Craig to attact a younger audience, British children's show, Newsround, has conducted an online poll, promoted on their TV news reports to see what their viewers think of Daniel Craig as Bond.

The results are:

Great - licence to thrill!

13.26%

Double-0-awful

39.70%

Let's wait and see

47.05%

You can read more here!

http://news.bbc.co.u...000/4342058.stm

#2 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:51 PM

It just occured to me how much he looks like the James Bond of the CBN banner. So,shame on all the naysayers! We live in such a shallow world. *sigh* :)

#3 tonymascia1

tonymascia1

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:53 PM

Kids today!

They just don't know what's good for them... :)

#4 Felix_Leiter

Felix_Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:54 PM

Isn't that poll stating that almost half of them are waiting to reserve judgement? They didn't exactly overwhelmingly say 'no'.

#5 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:54 PM

So much for Michael G Wilson stating that they hired Craig to attact a younger audience, British children's show, Newsround, has conducted an online poll, promoted on their TV news reports to see what their viewers think of Daniel Craig as Bond.

The results are:   

13.26%

Double-0-awful

39.70%

Let's wait and see

47.05%

You can read more here!

View Post

Well the biggest percentage says

#6 Bond Bug

Bond Bug

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:00 PM

[quote name='Shrublands' date='17 October 2005 - 16:54'][quote name='Bond Bug' date='17 October 2005 - 16:48']So much for Michael G Wilson stating that they hired Craig to attact a younger audience, British children's show, Newsround, has conducted an online poll, promoted on their TV news reports to see what their viewers think of Daniel Craig as Bond.

The results are:

#7 luciusgore

luciusgore

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:02 PM

Well it's like I've said. Either Craig is going to be awesome, or CR will be a total bomb and they'll have to beg for Brosnan to come back. I remember people wanted to reject Michael Keaton as Batman too until they saw him the role. Then they couldn't imagine the films without him.

#8 tonymascia1

tonymascia1

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:04 PM

[quote name='Bond Bug' date='17 October 2005 - 13:00'][quote name='Shrublands' date='17 October 2005 - 16:54'][quote name='Bond Bug' date='17 October 2005 - 16:48']So much for Michael G Wilson stating that they hired Craig to attact a younger audience, British children's show, Newsround, has conducted an online poll, promoted on their TV news reports to see what their viewers think of Daniel Craig as Bond.

The results are:

#9 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:05 PM

[quote name='Bond Bug' date='17 October 2005 - 17:00'][quote name='Shrublands' date='17 October 2005 - 16:54'][quote name='Bond Bug' date='17 October 2005 - 16:48']So much for Michael G Wilson stating that they hired Craig to attact a younger audience, British children's show, Newsround, has conducted an online poll, promoted on their TV news reports to see what their viewers think of Daniel Craig as Bond.

The results are:   

13.26%

Double-0-awful

39.70%

Let's wait and see

47.05%

You can read more here!

View Post

[/quote]

Well the biggest percentage says

#10 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:11 PM

All I can say is this: if they really found a Bond today's kids don't like that much, then maybe they'll get it right this time.

#11 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:12 PM

View Post

So you've managed to interpret a poll in which the majority say they'll reserve judgement as the majority saying he's 'double 0 awful'? Didn't do statistics at school, then?

#12 tonymascia1

tonymascia1

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:14 PM

View Post

So you've managed to interpret a poll in which the majority say they'll reserve judgement as the majority saying he's 'double 0 awful'? Didn't do statistics at school, then?

View Post

Easy, Mark --- this man's my accountant! :)

#13 tbp82

tbp82

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:14 PM

yeah what is negative about this poll? It is negative because you want it negative. I see that 39.7% saying double oh awful but 13.26% said yeah licensed to thrill while another 47.05% are saying wait and see add the 13.26% to the 47.05% and you get 60.31% who have said the like him or are going to wait and see (key word being see). A good review from Ebert and Roper and a great rotten tomatoes score and a good trailer couple with more solid reviews from the lesser known critics add in the TRUE BOND FANS who are going to see a Bond movie regardless and I think the movie will be number one at the box office for the week. P.S. most of the polls children adults whatever are reflecting the "I don't care" point but people only want to point to the negatives no one wants to point that most appear to be waiting before passing judgement.

#14 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:15 PM

Children eh?

I have four. Horrible things. If you asked them "Do you like eating bogies?" many would respond positively.

(Actually, they can be quite tasty; bogies, that is, not children)

I'm sorry, we have to listen to children now? What next - Amish are anti-Craig? Flourescent highlighter pens say "Isn't he deformed?"

If the antis are resorting to this, I fear for them - not him.

Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers.

...and that was Socrates, and I'm not talking about the footballer.

#15 Bond Bug

Bond Bug

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:16 PM

[quote name='Shrublands' date='17 October 2005 - 17:05'][quote name='Bond Bug' date='17 October 2005 - 17:00'][quote name='Shrublands' date='17 October 2005 - 16:54'][quote name='Bond Bug' date='17 October 2005 - 16:48']So much for Michael G Wilson stating that they hired Craig to attact a younger audience, British children's show, Newsround, has conducted an online poll, promoted on their TV news reports to see what their viewers think of Daniel Craig as Bond.

The results are:

#16 pgram

pgram

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:17 PM

All I can say is this: if they really found a Bond today's kids don't like that much, then maybe they'll get it right this time.

Excellent point. I don't agree, in this particular case, but, as an idea, excellent point.

#17 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:20 PM

Three times more say he is awful than those who say he is great!

If that is quite good, I'd hate to see a bad poll!

View Post

The problem with this argument is easy to spot,

Edited by Shrublands, 17 October 2005 - 05:21 PM.

#18 Scottlee

Scottlee

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2592 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:23 PM

I was 7 years old when I went to the cinema with my gran to watch The Living Daylights. Only when I actually got in the cinema did I realise Roger Moore had been ousted, Moore being that childhood hero of mine who up until that point had been Bond in just about all the VHS home videos I had ever seen.

I was too young to understand why Moore HAD to eventually be dropped, and as a result I felt some childhood anger towards the decision. Only when I matured and reached about 15 in the mid-1990's did I realise....

1)The Bond actor HAS to change every now and then
2)Just how good Timothy Dalton was in that film I saw as a delayed 7th birthday present.

Kids are stubborn. They'll come around.

#19 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:37 PM

? The children say "Let's wait and see" as opposed to a flat out "No", seems to be the most intelligent way to go about it in my opinion.

#20 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:44 PM

"Wait until the movie." - Martin Campbell

#21 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:12 PM

If the antis are resorting to this, I fear for them - not him.

View Post

Can't argue there. Does the term "grasping at straws" ring a bell? Yeesh!

#22 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:00 AM

Were these they same kids that enjoyed DAD? If it is I don't really care what they say :)

#23 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:06 AM

Well, I'm pretty sure the next several films aren't geared towards children. If anything, the results of this poll are the most promising sign yet.

#24 rogermoore007

rogermoore007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:36 AM

Were these they same kids that enjoyed DAD? If it is I don't really care what they say :)

View Post

Well I guess I'm one of those "kids" too, eh?
I liked DAD and I'm anti-Craig and I'm 17 dammit :-) but this argument is quite childish, if you'll forgive the pun

#25 Andrew

Andrew

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:45 AM

View Post

I liked DAD and I'm anti-Craig and I'm 17 dammit :-) but this argument is quite childish, if you'll forgive the pun

View Post

Sorry if I offended you with my poor attempt at humor :)

#26 rogermoore007

rogermoore007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:17 AM

View Post

View Post

Sorry if I offended you with my poor attempt at humor :)

View Post

I wasn't offended at all. I was just showing that no matter what you're for or against, using a children's poll to indicate the response of the younger generation to danny craig is quite childish, once again begging you to excuse the pun........ :-)

#27 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:23 AM

Children are always taught to say No to strangers! :)

#28 Alex Zamudio

Alex Zamudio

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:26 AM

Wait!!! the poll is saying that they rather wait and see, why is the description of this thread stating otherwise??

We need to chill out and enjoy all this, we are fortunate we live in times new 007 movies are produced, so reserve judgment till release, if the movie sucks I promise I won't defend CR, (I might Defend Craig though! :) )

Regards.

#29 B5Erik

B5Erik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:29 AM

What was the age group of these kids? 8-10? 10-12? 12-16?

It is interesting, though, that the negatives on Craig were three times larger than the positives.

(I tend to think the "wait and see" group was really the, "I don't care," group.)

Usually kids' opinions reflect that of their parents (until they get to be teenagers), so this may be a bad sign - or it may just be a crock. We'll find out more in the months to come.

Edited by B5Erik, 18 October 2005 - 02:30 AM.

#30 trumanlodge89

trumanlodge89

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:35 AM

Wait!!!  the poll is saying that they rather wait and see, why is the description of this thread stating otherwise??

We need to chill out and enjoy all this, we are fortunate we live in times new 007 movies are produced, so reserve judgment till release, if the movie sucks I promise I won't defend CR, (I might Defend Craig though! :) )

Regards.

View Post

i agree, less than 4 out of 10 children dont like the pick, and probablly mainly because he isnt pierce brosnan, whereas half of the kids said "wait and see." i dont see this as bad news at all.... its not great news, but its about expected...