168 replies to this topic

#91 TheBritishEnd

TheBritishEnd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:36 PM

I still say Connery should play Bond in an OHMSS game. It's one of the few that hasn't really been mined for material the way the other films have (ie. Goldfinger; Dr. No; Moonraker, etc.), and it would be a great 'What If' to see Connery in the film he almost made.

I would even go one further and say they should include both OHMSS and YOLT- especially since an early criticism of FRWL is its relatively short length. The game's presentation (menus; artwork; etc.) could draw on the old Bond double features from the 60's. ("James Bond is in LOVE...And out for REVENGE!")

Another plus is that YOLT's storyline could be revised so that Bond now goes to Japan bent on revenge. In this way, you could still have all of the major film sequences, but also be able to follow the story arc of the books.

Since Connery wants to do one more, they could also include bonus levels (one of FRWL's best additions!) based on famous sequences from his other Bonds. (Both DAF and the opening teaser from Goldfinger were made to become videogame levels!) In this way, they could really deliver a definitive version of his Bond era, while also managing to rewrite and add to it at the same time (OHMSS)! It would instantly seem both familiar and new.

And if you manage to unlock EVERYTHING, how great would it be to have a secret level where Bond tries to kill M? :)

Edited by TheBritishEnd, 04 November 2005 - 10:41 PM.

#92 Flash1087

Flash1087

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:00 AM

Actually, upon playing some of the multiplayer maps and seeing the added levels, I'd really like to see a YOLT-movie game.

#93 fsartono

fsartono

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:52 PM

I think FRWL is one of the top 3 Bond games out there.
And I hope with this game's success, EA builds a 007 game franchise around it.

Imagine playing MOONRAKER or TSWLM!!

AWESOME!

#94 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:55 AM

[Mods Note: Topics merged.]

#95 fsartono

fsartono

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:51 AM

whatever game EA does next MUST be 1) based on a 007 movie, 2) voiced by the corresponding Bond actor.

by this token, the next game should be a Connery or Moore, before they get 'too old' .. you know ..

so my vote would be either Connery's YOLT (imagine a unique setting in Japan) or Moore' LALD (jumping on alligators, and riding on the motor boat)

COOL

#96 TheBritishEnd

TheBritishEnd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:41 AM

I definitely want to see Connery in Japan and Vegas. :tup:

#97 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:31 AM

whatever game EA does next MUST be 1) based on a 007 movie, 2) voiced by the corresponding Bond actor.

View Post

Wonder how many "voiced by Bond actor" games we'll be seeing.

#98 Flash1087

Flash1087

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:42 AM

Cripes, I'm taking game programming classes! If the next one isn't TSWLM I'll just make it myself!

Maybe. :tup:

Edited by Flash1087, 10 November 2005 - 04:46 AM.

#99 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:23 AM

A while back I think I said Thunderball or something to that effect, but after being disappointed with From Russia with Love, I've reevaluated this question and have come to the conclusion that I don't want any further adaptations of a film or novel. I'd rather have original stories along the line of Everything or Nothing. This is what should be done. One problem I had with FRWL was that I knew the story inside and out and when the story deviated from that of the film, I was always let down. It's like reading a novelization after seeing the film or seeing a movie after reading the book. Either way most of the time it never lives up and games these days need more story than those from yesteryear (i.e. Not so sure a game like GoldenEye 007 would even succeeed by today's standards of video game storytelling - obviously minus the multiplayer, which was by far the more memorable aspect of the game).

So here's my suggestion to EA, if they care to know (probably not):

1. Get Bruce Feirstein again to write an original story and script.
2. Sign an official actor to play Bond - it doesn't have to be Craig. If you want Connery, then get Connery. Or go with Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, or if you want Craig, I'm sure he'd be available too. Any of them would probably take on the job. You could also get kind of creative here. Connery as Bond in the 90s (approximately same age as he was when he was Bond)? Brosnan as Bond in the 60s? An 80s Bond with Dalton or Moore? A proper sequel or "revenge" story with Lazenby? Fans would eat this up. What's not to like? I'd suggest getting them all to do it and giving the player the option of choosing, but that's the fan in me - I don't think this would be a viable approach as this avenue would most certainly lose uniqueness for future games.
3. ???
4. Profit!

We don't need further adaptations. We have the films on DVD and we have Fleming's novels. This is truly enough. High production values, original stories, new Bond girls, unique action and adventure, and a past Bond = success.

Edited by K1Bond007, 10 November 2005 - 05:27 AM.

#100 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:27 AM

The Man With the Golden Gun

#101 fsartono

fsartono

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:18 PM

do u think Brosnan would be willing to play a 'digital' Bond .. after getting 'booted' ?

#102 00-FAN008

00-FAN008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:49 AM

I was thinking about OHMSS. Would it make a very good video game? Yes. But what are the chances of Lazenby returning to the role... even to lend his own voice???

Then I thought of The Spy Who Loved Me.

IMO, it should come out straightaway -- while Roger can still lend his voice (I have no doubt he would gladly do it again). Think about it; Spy has everything OHMSS had PLUS MORE. There could be skiing, fighting Jaws on the train, driving jet skis... and there could be that great sequence in the submarine hangar with all the explosions and machine guns going off.
Plus, with split-screen multiplayer (like what they did with From Russia With Love), they could bring back lots of the villians from Moore's era as playable characters -- Max Zorin, Dr. Kananga, Kamal Khan, Scaramanga... and the infamous Baron Samedi!
I would LOVE to see a video game with Roger Moore. Of course, in the same style of Russia, it would have to be in third-person (GOD FORBID they decide to make specific gameplay styles for each James Bond... *shudder*), with pretty much the same engine. There would be new weapons, of course... and, yes baby, the LOTUS ESPRIT (converts into submarine OH YEAH!!!). Since Russia had the gadgets bulkier, this time the gadgets could be more compact and a little more technical: think of the mini Xerox that Roger used in AVTAK. Maybe they could even incorporate the famous flying jet from Octopussy in a mission! Man, I would LOOOVE to see that!!! Oh man!!!

#103 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:57 AM

do u think Brosnan would be willing to play a 'digital' Bond .. after getting 'booted' ?

View Post

Yes, very much so. It's good pay for very little work. Brosnan might be upset now, but he'll get over it. EON is not Electronic Arts anyway. If EA can get Sean Connery then yeah - I can definitely see them getting Pierce Brosnan (again).

#104 Yitztak

Yitztak

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:54 AM

I think that either Thunderball or License to Kill would be a good next Bond game. They have action and plot, with plenty of stealth and "shooting" levels.

#105 darthbond

darthbond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:33 PM

I was thinking about OHMSS. Would it make a very good video game? Yes. But what are the chances of Lazenby returning to the role... even to lend his own voice???

Then I thought of The Spy Who Loved Me.

IMO, it should come out straightaway -- while Roger can still lend his voice (I have no doubt he would gladly do it again). Think about it; Spy has everything OHMSS had PLUS MORE. There could be skiing, fighting Jaws on the train, driving jet skis... and there could be that great sequence in the submarine hangar with all the explosions and machine guns going off.
Plus, with split-screen multiplayer (like what they did with From Russia With Love), they could bring back lots of the villians from Moore's era as playable characters -- Max Zorin, Dr. Kananga, Kamal Khan, Scaramanga... and the infamous Baron Samedi!
I would LOVE to see a video game with Roger Moore. Of course, in the same style of Russia, it would have to be in third-person (GOD FORBID they decide to make specific gameplay styles for each James Bond... *shudder*), with pretty much the same engine. There would be new weapons, of course... and, yes baby, the LOTUS ESPRIT (converts into submarine OH YEAH!!!). Since Russia had the gadgets bulkier, this time the gadgets could be more compact and a little more technical: think of the mini Xerox that Roger used in AVTAK. Maybe they could even incorporate the famous flying jet from Octopussy in a mission! Man, I would LOOOVE to see that!!! Oh man!!!

View Post

I would love to play that game. You have quite an imagenation...for a fan.

darthbond

#106 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:04 PM

View Post

Suppose so.

#107 Moonraker

Moonraker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:38 AM

I think TSWLM is the most obvious choice, which I'm kind of glad of. Roger most likely will b/c he never had a grudge with Bond during or after. If you think about it, it has the most going for it. It has all the action from skiing to hand-to-hand combat to driving/scubadiving and of course the shoot out. It wouldn't need alot of expanding or new characters(just expand Naomi's role).

If by chance they do another Connery, I kind of want it to be DAF, mainly b/c of the style and sets. Many worry about Blofeld but he can be replaced b/c any villian could have been in the film and wouldn't have made a differance.

Any news of when the next one will come out?

#108 Yitztak

Yitztak

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:30 AM

Live and Let Die would be fun. Train fights, gun fights and plenty of car/boat levels.

#109 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:11 PM

I think a Roger Moore as 007 new game, would be great.

The Spy Who Loved Me or For Your Eyes Only

If not this one perhaps, maybe just for the title, what a cool title for a game:

ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

#110 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:51 PM

Any news of when the next one will come out?

View Post

I would guess next year.

#111 double-O-Durg

double-O-Durg

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:31 PM

Thunderball would be my next fave. They used parts of Moonraker in the two GE games with multiplayer/secret levels so that might possibly rule that out. TSWLM would be quite good too. As would YOLT

In the multiplayer section, why not have all six bonds available to slug it out??

#112 VodkaMartini

VodkaMartini

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:32 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing YOLT as a game or Goldfinger.

#113 Mak Man

Mak Man

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

I'm starting to get sick of Goldfinger, cuz they overuse him and Oddjob. I would mind seeing TLD or TMWTGG.

Mak

#114 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:00 PM

In the multiplayer section, why not have all six bonds available to slug it out??

View Post

Wonder if and when we'll see Craig's likeness as the game Bond.

#115 KM16

KM16

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:49 PM

I say ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, DOCTOR NO, GOLDFINGER, or THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

Reasoning:
OHMSS- Wonderful scenes, lots of action to make lots of hard-edged action
DN- Can you see this? Facing the dragon, driving boats, combing through the rivers and forests taking out guards by being all stealthy and then running around Doctor No's place looking at the huge fish tanks and watching the asian housekeepers run from you, crawling through the vents, ext.
GF- Fort Knox, the airplane, the driving, the tailing, exploring Goldfinger's ranch, ejecting people from the Aston Martin. :D
TSWLM- Jaws, the villains hide-out, the chases, the action, the ski-oriented beginning, THE CAR. :tup:

#116 mtonline

mtonline

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:33 PM

as much as i would like to see LTK as a game, because of the drugs in the movie u would have a bond game rated M, so it wouldnt work, but DEFINTALY AVTAK because of the set they have in rogue agent, i love what they did with that, so DEFINATLY, same with the man with the golden gun. but also tld and tb

M_T

#117 weejay

weejay

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:10 PM

OHMSS.... (Lazenby as Bond)
Think... the ski-race with the fantastic theme song playing...
And Diana Riggs in 3D... jummy

A view to a kill (Moore as Bond)
The last boss fight against Max Zorin (Christopher Walken) on THe Golden Gate bridge... With one of the best action-themes ever playing in the background as in the movie.

Also...
Dr.No
The Man with the Golden Gun
Diamonds are forever

#118 JennyFlexFan

JennyFlexFan

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:14 PM

I'd like to see AVTAK adapted into a videogame. That would be really fun!

#119 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:09 AM

The finale could be quite a great level for A View To A Kill.

#120 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:13 AM

They have got to do Roger in TSWLM as the next game after CR. Then do Tim in LTK and George in OHMSS and finally DAD.