• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:31 AM

3 more photos...
Attached File  bryce.jpg   56.97KB   46 downloads
Attached File  dellaisback.jpg   56.42KB   47 downloads
Attached File  hellodolly.jpg   57.61KB   47 downloads

Edited by TheSaint, 03 August 2005 - 03:34 AM.

#62 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:41 AM

Great pics TheSaint and it was a pleasure to meet you and hang out.

Saturday was a good bit of fun with not only CBn members, but also a few BCW regulars. Taking over a small corner of the bar, the pints and shop-talk went on for hours.

Damn good fun and Saint, your always welcome in LA.

:)

#63 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:45 AM

The sentiment is shared, Bryce(003).

#64 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:07 PM

WOW__Della still looks GREAT!!!!! Nice pix, Saint.

#65 GalaBrand

GalaBrand

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:26 PM

What's nice about Priscilla Barnes's appearance at this memorabilia show is that she is enjoying a bit of a career renaissance. She always worked from the time "Three's Company" ended (roles include Sean Penn's "The Crossing Guard" where she was Jack Nicholson's neglected girlfriend and Kevin Smith's "Mallrats") but she has four or five new movies out this year, including "The Devil's Rejects," where she has enjoyed good reviews playing a terrorized murder victim. Who says Bond Girls all fade into obscurity?

#66 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 02:49 AM

Priscilla, Leslie Easterbrook, and other cast members from the movie were really pushing "The Devil's Rejects". What's ironic is that there's another Bond alumnus in the movie-Sid Haig, who played "I gotta brudder" in DAF.

#67 GalaBrand

GalaBrand

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:56 AM

Sid Haig and Priscilla Barnes and others have been making the convention route lately to promote the movie. Barnes is also co-starring in 20th Century Fox's "The Visitation" this spring, based on the Frank Peretti novel.

I sometimes think Priscilla Barnes might have made a more effective Stacey Sutton than Tanya Roberts did. Any thoughts on that idea?

#68 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:48 AM

Having never seen Barnes in anything but 3's Company, I really can't form an opinion on her straight acting vs her comedic acting. The little we see of her in LTK doesn't really help.

#69 Problem Eliminator

Problem Eliminator

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:09 AM

No offense to Priscilla, but I think many actresses could have been more effective as Stacey than Tanya Roberts. Alas, that's a topic for another thread. Regarding this past weekend's show, I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all. I was impressed by the number of Bond guests, but certainly unimpressed by the lack of decent 007 merchandise at the vendor tables. With the Bond-heavy guest list, it's too bad they couldn't come up with more than overpriced reprint posters and run of the mill Corgi cars. Nonetheless, it was a great experience with accessible and engaging guests. Here's me with one you may recognize:

Edited by Problem Eliminator, 10 August 2005 - 06:40 AM.

#70 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:45 AM

Yeah, the dearth of Bond items at the con was a bit of a downer. There was a dealer outside the main room who had plenty of Bond stuff, mostly new, but his prices sucked. Some of the stills dealers had decent selections of Bond stills but, instead of pricing them between .50

#71 MrMoneypenny

MrMoneypenny

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:12 AM

I got there around 2P on Sunday to find out that Luciana Paluzzi had already left. In fact, I had the impression that most of the people that were supossed to be there on Sunday were not even there! No Richard Kiel, no George Lazenby, no Serana Scott Thomas, ... or did I completely overlook them? But I got to meet one of the most famous Bond-girls of all time: Shirley Eaton, and that made my day. I do have to say that each time I go to one of these events, I tell myself that it

#72 Problem Eliminator

Problem Eliminator

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:17 AM

I made the same observation myself MrMoneypenny. I had never been to an autograph show of any kind before, and I too felt it to be a bit of a downer in a subliminal way. On the surface of course, it is a lively gathering that allows fans to mingle and talk with some of the screen stars they may have once thought were unapproachable. On a deeper level though, as you point out, it can be a rather depressing sight. Particularly for those stars of increased age and decreased health, it is sad in a way to see them propped up for public viewing and collecting cash for scribbling on pictures depicting themselves 20, 30 or more years ago. Additionally, several of the stars appeared downright bored and sullen sitting at the table when no one was talking to them. I couldn't help but think that they deserved more respect than being lined up for "show and tell." I would much prefer to buy a Bond star a drink and sit side by side talking at the bar rather than buy a picture from them while I'm standing and they're crouched behind a table squinting at their Sharpie scrawl.

#73 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:42 AM

Not sure why Luciana Paluzzi left early on Sunday (but she was there). The Laz always leaves early so I hear. Richard Kiel unfortunately isn't too well at the moment :) so he has an excuse for leaving early -- infact, yay for him for even coming to the show at all, he's such a nice man. As for Serena Scott Thomas, she didn't show up to the show at all.

#74 MrMoneypenny

MrMoneypenny

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:33 PM

I couldn't agree with you more Problem Eliminator. Meeting Bond stars outside those conventions is so much cooler. The very first time I met Maud Adams was at a Barnes and Nobles in Santa Monica and it was incredible. I was there working on a script and because I had nothing else for her to sign, I asked her if she wouldn't mind signing the cover of the screenplay. After finding out I was studying film at UCLA she wished me luck with my career! Me, blessed by Octopussy herself! Funny thing is that a few months after that, I saw her again at the Hollywood Collectors Show, where, before I even said something, she looked at me and went "Hello again!". It was the coolest thing. :)
I also met Famke Janssen at Chateau Marmont, after my sister and I were playing with this cute little puck only to find out two minutes later it was Famke Janssen's dog! She and I had the greatest chat in Dutch (both hers and my mother language). So you see, meeting those Bond stars outside conventions is not that impossible after all ...
As for some stars not showing up at the Hollywood Collectors Show Athena, it doesn't surprise me. The organizers have been know to promise names at the show that then turn out not being there ... because they were never told! I remember an instance a few years ago, where Danny Bonaducci found out that he was going to be at one of their shows and he had never been contacted. But meanwhile, they had advertised it everywhere ... Who knows, maybe the Sir Roger Moore rumor was started by them...

#75 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:53 AM

I got my "007 star" photos uploaded from the show. You can find then here: http://www.athena007.com/007.html

pics aren't labeled until you CLICK on the THUMBNAILS so the ones from this show are...
  • line 1: pic 1
  • line 3: pic 1,2,3,4
  • line 4: pic 3,6
  • line 5: pic 6
  • line 6: pic 2
(I'll get a gallery up of other photos from the show when I get a chance)

#76 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:26 PM

Excellent report on this event over at AJB by Duncan Carter.

http://www.ajb007.co...woodcollectors/