64 replies to this topic

#61 bryonalston

bryonalston

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 05:24 PM

I think that a more plausible way to end an NDOD movie adaptation would be to have Bond's new boss as the true villain. That would definitely be something new and unexpected, because the last person someone would expect to be criminal mastermind is Bond's boss (maybe a younger one who comes off as sort of an incompetent rookie.)

#62 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:42 AM

Can people please use the spoiler tags provided on CBn that hide the text. I haven't read the novel NDOD yet, but now know the ending to the book because the above post was not concealed by a spoiler tag.

Spoiler should be hidden like so

/spoiler.gif
People need to highlight the text to read it
/gen_line.gif

View Post

I thought I did sufficient enough job by saying "Potential spoilers for those who haven't read NDOD" in all caps at the top of my post, but my apologies for having ruined anything for you. Was not my intention.

Could someone direct me to a link or page that shows how to use the special spoiler markers. Would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry, DLibrasnow.

#63 Skin 17

Skin 17

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:57 AM

I personally like the switch for Draco. Afte rall he wasn't necessarily the type of father in law you'd like to hang around.

Edited by Skin 17, 31 July 2005 - 02:58 AM.

#64 bryonalston

bryonalston

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:58 AM

I have to admit, the Draco thing was unexpected and was a real pageturner for me, but it was completely implausible. If NDOD was adapted to the screen, the character who takes Draco's place would have to be the last person you'd expect, like Felix Leiter or a new M. It will completely blindsight Bond and the audience.

#65 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:06 AM

>>Doesn't EON own the charater rights of Bond. if so then surely EON can film the non fleming bond books any way.
<<

Nope. Eon would have to pay some kind of rights fee for the continuation novels over and above what is paid to use the Bond character. But, as other posters have stated, the amount of the rights fee isn't really an issue. Eon and Ian Fleming Publications evidently have a tenuous relationship. Eon doesn't want to pay IFP anymore than they do now.