This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Like 'From Russia With Love'

35 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you have prefered a game based on another Connery film?

Would you have prefered a game based on another Connery film?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Gabe Vieira

Gabe Vieira

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3873 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:34 PM

I think Thunderball would have been the best choice for a Connery-Based game. From Russia With Love comes in second, with Goldfinger rounding out the top three.

#32 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:48 PM

I think Thunderball would have been the best choice for a Connery-Based game. From Russia With Love comes in second, with Goldfinger rounding out the top three.

View Post

Thunderball doesn't seem to be leading anymore. It's back and forth with those two.

#33 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:55 PM

its my fav. Connery movie so i dont mind :)

#34 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:27 AM

I don't mind them going back and making a past Bond movie into a game, but I'm afraid that, with EA's track record, that they're going to make a mockery of what is one of the best films in the series. They haven't done anything up to this point with the Bond franchise that would make me think that they're going to deliver a game that is faithful to the spirit of FRWL or that the game will be of a quality that is anywhere near the quality of the film.

#35 aadoga007

aadoga007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:00 AM

all i know is i am extremely angry with the whole octopus/spectre deal

what...did that rancid bitch broccoli not give up the rights

i dont understand...i figured with the success of everything or nothing, anything dealing with from russia with love would be legit.

im so pissed. just days before i had heard the news of the film to game development, i was talking with my friend, whom is equally into bond if not more, on how they should do another film or a game involving one of bond's most ruthless and villanous corporations: spectre

sure enough...i hear of this and then, to my dismay, i learn that legal issues seem to be in the way of producing the very game which i had hoped for for too long.

oh well :)

#36 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:02 AM

all i know is i am extremely angry with the whole octopus/spectre deal

what...did that rancid bitch broccoli not give up the rights

i dont understand...i figured with the success of everything or nothing, anything dealing with from russia with love would be legit.

im so pissed. just days before i had heard the news of the film to game development, i was talking with my friend, whom is equally into bond if not more, on how they should do another film or a game involving one of bond's most ruthless and villanous corporations: spectre

sure enough...i hear of this and then, to my dismay, i learn that legal issues seem to be in the way of producing the very game which i had hoped for for too long.

oh well :)

View Post

[Mods Note: Please do not skirt the auto-censor.]