Goldeneye 64

43 replies to this topic

#31 Flavius

Flavius

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:55 AM

I love this game also. Still seems to have aged very well.

I seem to recall someone was creating a Goldeneye mod for a modern PC game and that they even had a website, does anyone know about it? I think they were running into copyright issues which was slowing them down.

#32 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:26 PM

I recall the website, don't remember the address...

#33 Darksideoftheschwartz

Darksideoftheschwartz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:02 PM

toastpaint

okay best bond game ever. It shows you how good a game is if it is still just as fun as when it was relased 10 years later

[offtopic] don't you find it funny that the game devoleper Rare has not come out with a good game in like 6 years?[/offtopic]

#34 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:23 PM

I have kept my N64 for this game alone, even though i haven;t played it for years.

I hope in 15 Yrs time i can still plug it in and have fun with my family.

Same with the Pstation, i kept it for one game alone Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Brilliant!

I consider myself lucky to have grown up in the golden era of video games, sadly we will never see the likes of these games again.......

#35 Pierce James Bond

Pierce James Bond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:04 AM

GE 64 was the first 007 game I ever played. It is still a GREAT game. Not as GREAT graphics as more modern games but it sticks true to the plot of the films.

-PJB

#36 50 Yen

50 Yen

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:09 AM

Yep, it's true, Goldeneye is still the best Bond game out there, one of the best things to do is run over soldiers with the tank on the Runway, or stay back in the first bunker level after Boris raises the alarm and try to see how many of those limitless guards I can kill, how about also kill Boris for raising the alarm. But one of the best things is when any guard or soldier in any level has his basck to you, and you shoot him up the butt and he hops up and down in pain, I'd say stuff like this will never get old. In fact, if you people are like me, you still play this game on a regular basis, playing the missions just for the sake of playing them.

#37 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:15 PM

playing the missions just for the sake of playing them.

They do have a replay factor to an extent I've seldom found in other games.

#38 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:27 AM

I seem to recall someone was creating a Goldeneye mod for a modern PC game and that they even had a website, does anyone know about it? I think they were running into copyright issues which was slowing them down.

I think this is the site you are looking for.

http://www.goldeneyesource.com/

#39 SeanDalton77

SeanDalton77

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

Great game still bring out the N64 from time too time and playe it

#40 Alec006

Alec006

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 02:37 PM

GoldenEye N64, i have still got it of course and also TWINE. My favorite James Bond movie is GoldenEye, and i have played GoldenEye N64 alot. I always win and it's fun.. I also think it's the best James Bond game. Not many hightech stuff, and you must win with an weapon. GoldenEye N64 and TWINE Ftw. :D

#41 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 02:45 PM

Agreed. It seems we have a lot in common :D

#42 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

Man, reading these posts make me want to dig my N64 out of the depths of my closet and plug in Goldeneye. Yeah, it may be dated now but at the time it was groundbreaking and it's still my second favorite first person shooter game of all time. My No. 1 fave is Perfect Dark, a game that came after GE but was designed by the same people. That one really rocks. Wasn't a big fan of TWINE on N64, however. I thought once EA took over the Bond games, there was a drop in quality.

#43 Alec006

Alec006

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

My No. 1 fave is Perfect Dark, a game that came after GE but was designed by the same people. That one really rocks. Wasn't a big fan of TWINE on N64, however. I thought once EA took over the Bond games, there was a drop in quality.

Perfect Dark is indeed made by the same people as GoldenEye.You can see it also when you are playing the game. Some objects are the same as in GoldenEye. In Perfect Dark they used the machine guns (miniguns near Dam) from GoldenEye. I have not Perfect Dark but i am going to buy it in hopely high quality from an Dutch purchaser. :D

#44 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:40 AM

Perfect Dark is one of my favourite games ever. Rare definately had a good run in those days with their games.