#33 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:59 PM

0725: In the Jungle of South America

0725: Astros: Looking ahead, the light began to get brighter, the trees thinning. Astros knew he was nearing the end of the jungle and would soon be at the river. Using his rifle scope, he noticed a fuel storage tank, undoubtedly used to fuel the enemie' river craft. The tank was carefully hidden under a camoflage net. Another piece of intel the SPECTRE satellite had missed. As he scanned through the trees, Astros jaw dropped as he muttered a small curse, for there were many troops there, waiting for him. This was going to get ugly. Astros knew a plan of attack was needed, and this time, he was on his own.

**describe the plan of attack

0725: Qwerty: Stepping carefully, and mvoing slowly, QWERTY had made it half-way through the minefield. His straightline approach had gotten him this far, but would his luck hold out?

**Provide next 4 moves to potentially exit the minefield.

Attached Files

#34 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:18 PM

D2, E2, F2, G2

#35 Astros

Astros

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 07:06 AM

OK, this is going on a little too long, I don't have time to keep checking it.

#36 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:53 AM

OK, this is going on a little too long, I don't have time to keep checking it.

*Do you wish to withdraw from gameplay? I am not asking either of you to make multiple posts each day, one post a day and the game will unfold. If you wish to drop out, please let me know.

#37 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 02:09 PM

Astros I ask that you not drop out. I noticed you seem to come to CBn mainly for this game, which is nice. Sure this seems like a long mission, but TRS seems to have taken good care into planning it out.

#38 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 07:20 PM

I appreciate that, Qwerty, but at the same time, the fun of moderating such an interactive adventure is to have people that want to, and can be able, to play to the fullest.

So, at this point: ASTROS: in or out? If out, then we'll declare Qwerty the CBn Survivor winner and move on to other business.

#39 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 07:22 PM

Certainly understandable. Perhaps the game could be shortened if Astros cannot play it however long it was planned out?

I wouldn't want to play by default.

#40 Broncostar44

Broncostar44

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:11 PM

If it would be okay with you, I could fill in for astros if he wishes to drop out.

#41 Astros

Astros

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:12 PM

I understand that you have taken time in mapping this challenge out, which is why I won't drop out, but by the looks of things, it looks as if it is going to take another month to finish.

#42 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:17 PM

Please don't stay in it for my benefit, I have no problem and take none of this personally. I understand Qwerty not wanting to win by default, but nor do I want anyone playing who feels it more a "chore" or "obligation".

If you two would like, I would be open to suggestions for a sudden death challenge that would declare one the winner in a quicker time span.

#43 Broncostar44

Broncostar44

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:19 PM

If, Astro, you do not want to stop such a well planned adventure by dropping out, than I could fill in for you.

Just a suggestion...

#44 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:24 PM

Please don't stay in it for my benefit, I have no problem and take none of this personally. I understand Qwerty not wanting to win by default, but nor do I want anyone playing who feels it more a "chore" or "obligation".

If you two would like, I would be open to suggestions for a sudden death challenge that would declare one the winner in a quicker time span.

Hmm, I'll try to think of something. Astros, have anything in mind, depending on how much you want to shorten it?

#45 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:59 PM

If, Astro, you do not want to stop such a well planned adventure by dropping out, than I could fill in for you.

Just a suggestion...

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather those that started it be the ones to finish it. As for the role-play--perhaps I'll modify for a general game forum which all can play or perhaps save it should someone wish to host Cbn Survivor 2 at some point.

#46 Broncostar44

Broncostar44

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 11:12 PM

No problem with me.
Good luck!

#47 Astros

Astros

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:34 AM

OK, well the main problem that I had, which is why I said it at the time, keep it just multiple choice. I don't like the idea of my only choice being that I have to describe what I have to do next.

#48 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:35 AM

I've no problem with that either. Perhaps some multiple choice choices have good/bad effects.

#49 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:52 AM

Very well then. And, for the record, the reason I left it open, was to allow you the opportunity to do everything you could imagine, rather than being limited to only a few options, and to allow you to get as in-depth as you wanted, such as: attempting to fix the radio on the aircraft, search the fallen guard to obtain extra supplies and perhaps even a guard's uniform, etc. All at the same time, without just handing anyone the game and all the options.

Mission resumes Monday evening.

#50 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 02:10 PM

You're going down Astros. :) :)

#51 Astros

Astros

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:10 PM

You keep dreaming that. :)

#52 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:11 PM

You keep dreaming that. :)

I figured it was time for a bit of competition. :)

#53 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:13 PM

0730 hours: Somewhere in the JUngle of South America

For some inexpilcable reason, each agent had drawn to a halt in the midst of their mission. Their priorities re-charged and their plans ready, they moved on.

Astros: Astros continued to move nearer the edge of the jungle. He could see the troops gathering, but so far, they had not begun to move into the jungle. Then it occured to Astros, one of two things was going to happen, either additional troops were coming in behind him, thereby attempting to flush him out; or, the helicopter did in fact have thermal imaging and was merely attempting to get a lock on his position before further nastiness arrived. Astros knew there had to be a third option: one of his doing.

a> go out guns blazing
b> approach with attempt at stealth and begin to use marksman skills with sniper rifle
c> request a special 007 skill via a roll of the die for something truly unique, however if it fails, something bad will inevitably happen.

Qwerty: Qwerty meanwhile had emerged from the minefield unscathed. His insticts proved to be successful and once again, he had emerged. Now, as Qwerty began to move east, Qwerty became acutely aware of helicopters moving overhead. More to the north he noted, but he daren't risk detection, either.

a> attempt to continue moving east
b> attempt to move east using stealth, thereby avoiding detection
c> change direction to north and get under cover of trees
d> other--describe

#54 Astros

Astros

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:27 PM

Why not, A.

#55 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:51 AM

0733 hours: In the Jungle of South America

ASTROS: Storming out of the jungle, Astros was a man with a mission. Catching the enmy troops off guard gave Astros an edge, but sadly that edge would not be enough. The bullets started flying, buzzing like angry wasps from the hive. Astros felt the pain and took the damage of a man getting shot. Before the first firefight was over, Astros had taken out four of the troopers. The others, a bit wearier of thier foe, now that Astros had "showed his stuff", took cover and readied themselves for more.

a> continue firefight with six troopers and assess once volley of fire is complete

b> continue firefight with troopers until either they or you are dead

c> roll for a 007 moment, realizing failure has its consequences.

#56 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:14 AM

Definitely A, bring it on.

#57 Astros

Astros

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:49 AM

B.

#58 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:01 AM

0740 hours: In the Jungle of South America

Astros: The firefight had gone on longer than Astros expected, but with pleasant results. After taking a bit more damage, Astros had managed to eliminate the six remaining troopers. Astros now had to reevaluate his plan to get to the base. As had scouted the area, he noted a sign by the river. Also, those helitcopters weren't going to give up that easily, and he noticed one was coming in low from the east.

a > read the sign and move north thru the river, using 007 skills to sim and void currents

b> ignore sign and move north thru river

c> move east along river bank toward guard tower

Qwerty: Qwerty mused that whatever was happening in the north, was certainly a lucky break for him, as it seemed like all the guards were pre-oocupied. Just as Qwerty begin to make out the outline of the guard-house with his binoculars, he head a helicopter coming in low behind him, and then the ground was torn apart with high calibre bullets.

a > use 007 skills to avoid helicopter

b> use marksmanship skills to shoot helicopter

c> continue running east--risking damage

d> other--describe

#59 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:29 PM

This time I will choose B!