48 replies to this topic

#31 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:52 PM

Wednesday is okay with me - but really, the week is going to be you people telling me where to go and what to see. :) I'm okay with everything.  Just looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

Joyce... do this... Joyce... do that... :)

I wish we had more time to have fun together Joyce. But... that's the way things go (I just can't believe how full my plate is). At least we have some time, and it will be great! :)

#32 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:57 PM

Joyce... do this... Joyce... do that... :)

I wish we had more time to have fun together Joyce. But... that's the way things go (I just can't believe how full my plate is). At least we have some time, and it will be great! :)

Yes, ma'am... yes ma'am... :)

Sure, it's all in the fun. :)

#33 Alex Zamudio

Alex Zamudio

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:27 PM

I'm going! went last year, the only 007 stuff I found was some trading and playing cards, and some SideShow 007 12 in' figures!
It would be cool to meet some fellow Bond fans specially such pros!

Cheers!

#34 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:58 PM

I'm going! went last year, the only 007 stuff I found was some trading and playing cards, and some SideShow 007 12 in' figures! It would be cool to meet some fellow Bond fans specially such pros!

Alex... if you have a cell phone and you want to PM me your cell number. I can get a hold of you down at Comic-Con to do a meet up. Just let me know what days you'll be there. :)

Ya there's not much Bond down there... but there's always a few things :)

#35 Glor (009)

Glor (009)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:08 PM

I'm going to try to make it to the convention center on Saturday. I just have to find a sitter for the kids as Kourtney will be in Vegas next weekend. I'll let you know if I pull it off and we can figure out how to meet.

It's possible I could get down there Friday day but it sounds like you will be otherwise engaged Athena. Lucky you.

#36 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:27 PM

Hey guys... for those that go..... could you swing by the Sideshow Toys booth.... I hear that they will be revealing the Highlander prototypes.... would be very nice if someone managed to snag a picture or two or three of them............?

#37 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 04:24 PM

Glor: Saturday is cool, I'll PM you my cell # just in case you don't have it.

Indy: We're defiantly planning on swinging by the Sideshow booth anyways, so I'll snap some pics of the Highlander prototypes for you. :)

#38 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 04:36 PM

Thank you very much Athena!!!!

#39 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 06:29 PM

Athena and Zencat. I'll be there on Saturday if you guys are around. Hope to see you guys!!

#40 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:05 PM

No Prob, IndyB007 :)

Awesome, Ry! Yes... we have to meet up! You, me, ZenCat & Glor... for Drinks or hanging out at Comic-Con, or something. You have John's or my cell, right? I have yours! K.I.T. and we'll arrange something. (pluss, see you on Wednesday we can chat then too).

#41 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:08 PM

Athena: If a few things work out for me (that would be a first lately), I might try to make it out to San Diego Saturday. If I do, I'll let you know, though it may be sometime on Friday.

#42 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:19 PM

If you get there on Friday... give ZenCat a call (he'll be there alone), you have his cell, right? If you come on Saturday, that would be great. Then you can call either ZenCat or I. Like I said... CBn BONDing at Comic-Con... purrrrrfect :)

#43 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:06 PM

Great, do I need to make reservations in advance or can I just walk in?

#44 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:10 PM

You can just walk in, but trust me... you do NOT want to do that... the lines are HELL. But go to comic-con.org and register on-line.

#45 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:15 PM

Eep, I just saw the price for a one-day pass. Thirty bucks? I'm sure it's worth it but man....I may have to owe you guys dinner at Hamburger Hamlet or some place. :)

#46 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:14 PM

You can just walk in, but trust me... you do NOT want to do that... the lines are HELL. But go to comic-con.org and register on-line.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT arrive without tickets pre-ordered. You will wait in a line, I kid you not, that could be 4 hours long. That's what I waited in last year...and let's just say that will NEVER happen again.

The good news is Athena and I may have some extra tickets. We stupidly pre-ordered before we realized we could get in free as press. I'm going to try and get a refund when I pick up my credentials on Friday, but if I can't, someone may be in luck. :)

#47 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:15 PM

I hear Peter Jackson will be there talking about the December extended DVD release of RETURN OF THE KING!

#48 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:19 PM

Wow, almost near. Have fun Zencat, Athena, Glor, Ry, and everyone else who's going.

That sounds like loads of fun.

#49 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:35 PM

The good news is Athena and I may have some extra tickets. We stupidly pre-ordered before we realized we could get in free as press. I'm going to try and get a refund when I pick up my credentials on Friday, but if I can't, someone may be in luck. :)

Oh ya. They approved our press passes but didn't mention anything about the tickets we purchased, so it's a little confusing. They might refund us, but it might have been too late. So, ya... Glor and/or Ry... give ZenCat a call on Friday if you're planning on coming on Saturday and maybe we could hook you up (depending on what ZenCat finds out on Friday)... if would be nice to get some money back from them, of course. I was thinking we could sell them to the people waiting in line (white out and a marker easily fixes the name of the pass).

I hear Peter Jackson will be there talking about the December extended DVD release of RETURN OF THE KING!

I haven't seen his name anywhere... but all I know is that... "New Line Home Video gives a look at scenes from the upcoming The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Extended Edition DVD with actors Billy Boyd and David Wenham among others." ...Maybe the among others is Peter Jackson, but you'd think they'd mention him. You know ZenCat and I were at a screening of 'The Return of the King' before it came out in the theaters and got to listen to Jackson talk.