Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:41 AM

And when the nightmare began. :)

I can't resist...

MUHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHA!!!

What is it with you sick people and that sick big blue font, and blue is my favorite color! Gah!

:) :)

#33 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:42 AM

Dolce was in no way famous. The bitch was infamous.

We can stop referring to her as a person now. It was trs007 all along, who gets such high marks for developing 'her personality' to such a point where dolce007 had an identity all of her own.

#34 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:44 AM

What is it with you sick people and that sick big blue font, and blue is my favorite color! Gah!

It was fun watching dolce grow in proportion to the size of 'her' fonts. That was all trs and was most most amusing.

#35 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:09 AM

I was right all along. I learned what Tanger learned from mole 1 in the same way: stick to your instincts.

I voted for Tanger out of a whim never believeing him to really be the mole but hoping it would score enough to get me through, it did! I then went and re-evaluated the challenges: every time it came up TRS. Then I had self-doubt put into my mind. I cheated myself like an idiot because I didn't follow my own first rule like a self-destruting hypocrite. I'll learn for next time, won't I? :)

Still, I was in this for the sport, not the prize. The game was great, if a little annoying with Dolce. Although I did get some really great insults out to her, none of which can be used to punish me as she doesn't exist. Haha bitch!

Dolce tried 'helping' me in my caught challenge and I almost had a mini plan to get me the exemption. I ended up not trusting her, but on reflection she probably would have helped me fully so as to lose the team the full 20,000 rather than the 10,000 I caused. The highest single amount from anyone in the game I believe (even taking into account the mess dolce made of the quotes thread!) I have some sabotage to be happy about :)

I too half lied about my question in round 1 and in round 2 matt made a mistake with my clue and instantly I was suspected. Capitalising on this, I altered my profile so I became "Mole 2: Mole/Contestant" and the trend was born! (I still have no idea who edited all player account's to read like mine, however. I suspect Athena.)

Another good sly mole print went in the shape of TRS' signature and status line. 'Someone' changed them to read 'Mole' in the appropriate places. I spotted this very quickly, but didn't act on it till later. Once again I shot myself in the foot doubting my intuition.

Hehe, life's a beach eh?

Bad luck to qwerty for losing by 1 point, however good job with the 10,000 post count - you can have an avatar anyway! LOL.

#36 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:12 AM

Bad luck to qwerty for losing by 1 point, however good job with the 10,000 post count - you can have an avatar anyway! LOL.

I really don't think 10,000 posts entitles an avatar of choice, but I am not sure.

#37 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:22 AM

That was a deal with Darren afaik. So it would be unfair to not give you one, eh? :)

#38 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:23 AM

I'll ask about it, I had just never clearly seen on the forums that that was the deal.

#39 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:26 AM

Mattbowyer

The other person who knew was The_Mole. Brought in with dolce007 he always had to lose his first Mole Quiz, my own personal justification being that he could never win in the end anyway. Still, he followed this game harder than many of you, and he scored 100% in his first and only Mole Quiz. If there is a CBn Mole III, he will certainly be the one to watch

I knew it was TRS, but after I was eliminated, I thought I was wrong. It was only after I realised I had no special conditions that I knew that I could have been right.

Why else would TRS spend that many points on exemptions if he knew we were not going to need them? Wasted exemptions and lost points, so no one could have them. Genius.

And Dolce being fake - Damn! She was good looking! I even tried to get her MSN address to have a chat! As you can see, my relationships don't last either... :)

You were a great Mole TRS. Congratulations.

And congratulations to you Tanger, for winning the game. It takes a lot to uncover The Mole, and you had what it takes.

Now, Matt, I suggest you start thinking of challenges for Mole III, to commence in the Autumn.

And I'm in the starting line-up, with NO SPECIAL CONDITIONS, allowing me to play at least some of the game without being betrayed.

I think it's time for a change...

#40 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:34 AM

Sorry about all that mate.

You'll be the one to watch next time around, especially if you really are The Mole...

#41 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:48 AM

The Mole being The Mole, ha...

Now there's a thought... :)

#42 Q-Zar

Q-Zar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:26 PM

Haven't been here in a while, so I thought I'd check out the results of the contest.
I was certain it was TRS after I got eliminated, simply because I hesitated between him and Brendan007 all along, and as Brendan got voted off together with me... :)
When I looked at the challenges, both of them were suspicious, learning that Brendan was one of the contestants to be The Mole made me wonder if perhaps he did it intentionally to get rid of players by making them vote for him. brendan, did you ? :)
When I see the winners won because of their experience in Mole I, who knows, maybe I would've won if I had played then too ? :)

However, the introduction of Dolce really ruined everything for me. Since she arrived in the contest, meddling everywhere, I lost all interest and fun in the game.
This hasn't changed after learning she was invented, so I won't play in Mole III.

#43 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 04:20 PM

HOW TRS DID IT PT. 2

Challenge Six - The Tanger Trial
Sabotage : The plan for this was quite elaborate, keeping Tanger would earn the team 10,000 points and removing him would give Brendan007 an exemption - both of which trs007 was to use to his advantage in manipulating the trial. Sadly, this was cancelled.

Challenge Seven - Cluedo
Sabotage : The offer of the exemption was enough to see most other players, particularly Snake-"Mole's Best Friend"-Eyes, do the sabotage. trs joined in and never gave out his correct cards. To appear he had dolce007 was used actively for the first time, claiming trs had given his clues to her. It all worked, and the challenge completely failed.

Challenge Eight - The Auction
Sabotage : Here dolce007 and The_Mole joined in and perhaps clouded the best piece of Mole Work of the game. It all lay here :

QUOTE (Tanger @ 15 April 2004 - 17:58)
Geez dolce. You really have no idea what you're doing half the time do you?! How about we work as a time like we are supposed to and you consult me before you make a decision.

Nonetheless, I agree with her decision and thus sign all our points over to TRS, The_Mole and Brix. 

EXCELLENT. Now to seal the deal--our team will bid 8750 points, thereby securing our exemptions and allow the team to earn a minimum of 5000 toward the total prize.

Using dolce007's eagerness Tanger agreed to sign all of his remaining points over to trs007's team, trs007 agreeing wholeheartedly. But to win all trs007's team needed was 500more points, not the 3750 extra he was given and subsequently bidded. This ensured that every possible point that could have been lost indeed was. That extra 2250 points would have won you the game.

The two exemptions were then divided up between the three remaining players, trs007 of course being told which 'door' to chose, denying Brix Bond an exemption that would have seen him survive.

This whole challenge worked for making Tanger and trs007 (who had their own private deal I never quite understood) the prime Mole Suspects, players believing either one of them was The Mole for the rest of the game. Qwerty's problem was perhaps being such a nice guy, nobody ever really suspected him.

Challenge Nine - The GoldenEye Script
Sabotage : dolce007 used to her maximum potential, the arguments fuelled by trs007, and whose removal cost the team 2000 points.

Back in the main thread it was intended to begin arousing suspicion that dolce007 was not all she seemed, implying she was a past CBn member who had returned for revenge - I love u Mr. Moon and Bondian were both considered. The staff, however, rejected this idea and the plan to slowly arouse earlier suspicion about dolce007 - though with a different focus - was quashed.

Challenge Ten - The Dolce Revelation
The plan here was always to let dolce007 hold the cards to letting the team win, but trs007 had succeeded in turning her into such a detested character that nobody would apologise to her - even if it meant an avatar for the winner.

trs had indeed put the team in a position where they would sacrifice everything rather than back down to dolce007, but little did they know that in doing so they were playing entirely into the hands of...The Mole.

#44 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 04:27 PM

mattbowyer's final word

That's the overall arc done, though looking at the hundreds of PM's exchanged between trs007 and I over the past months I know that this only scratches the surface. What truly amazed me, however, was that nobody (aside from Brix) questioned the identity of dolce007. Surely she must have seemed too crazy to be a real person, and was such a thorn in the side that it appeared obvious to myself how very deliberate this intense irritation was.

It raises some questions that I could not ask at the time :

Did anyone, especially Tanger/Qwerty/SnakeEyes, realise something was up with dolce007 and keep their mouths shut in hope of winning the game? I know brendan007 and The_Mole had private suspicions. In retrospect it made trs007 as The Mole rather obvious as a trs007 post would inevitably come before or after a dolce007 one.

Then there was what I will always remember as 'the accident', and shows that even in a sophisticated operation like this things can go very wrong. During Challenge Two trs007 had actually gone away for the weekend and missed the end of the challenge. As The Mole never sleeps I took over his account for a couple of days and made the appropriate posts on his behalf. Thus, then I logged on to end Challenge Two I wrote the usual mattbowyer spiel only to find that when it came up I had actually posted it as trs007. When I noticed I changed it to the rushed "well?" seen here but during the time it was up could have easily revealed trs007 as having some sort of 'special relationship' with myself.

johnboy007 was viewing the page at the time, but in his Mole Quiz appeared not to have noticed, did anyone else see this?

Finally to the final two, what led you to trs007 in the first place and looking ahead to a future CBn Mole competition, how would you have played it differently?

Any other comments are more than welcome, and trs007 deserves great applause for his work.

That's it from me, I hope you have all enjoyed playing the game. It indeed lived up to its promise of no rules with myself, trs007, dolce, Tanger and 'thebrendenhater' amongst others all using this first anti-rule as their successful launching pad. It also provided my favourite quote from PacoScaramanga at the start of round two, said to me over msn after he was fired as The Mole in favour of trs007 :

I hate you.

I guess when you plan a game where deception is inherent, you have to be prepared to take a little heat when you deliver it. But I implore you to direct all your anger to my good friend trs. :)

CBn Mole II is now officially closed, remember that it is a game so now its time to smile and enjoy the sunshine along with our freshly uncovered Mole.

Thank you all for playing, now its time to relax for just a little while...

mb

THE MOLE WILL RETURN

#45 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 07:33 PM

I thought something was up with the introduction of Dolce, but I dismissed the idea as perhaps coincidence, but kept my mouth shut, or tried to my very best. :)

TRS seemed to just throw in comments that never really helped, and the fact that he won the first game, led me to him, so I first took a chance and put him as the Mole, and then I got sure he must have been.

A fun game!!

#46 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:22 PM

I always believed dolce was a real person. When I found the picture on TRS' website this made it seem even more so. It also, obviously, linked her and him in a 'special' way. Old friends perhaps? I didn't care, but it mean I didn't trust her from almost the get-go and by the end of my 'hunt' I knew she was working with the mole. Of course, she 'was' the mole.
Another thing that made it seem even more so that she was working 'with the enemy' was in the cluedo challenge when she changed the clues in my PM.
Interestingly, the clue that was different was qwertys weapon (although I also now assume TRS' two clues to be wrong also). Any reason to chose qwertys to alter?

My final question is, even if we had all appologised, would you really have given us the win? I doubt it, so we had lost either way. In this respect, we didn't have a chance after the GE script at all which is unfair: the team should always have a chance up untill the last second and giving the mole the victory points...well it's pretty fkn obvious the mole won't hand them over, thus screwing the players over. Or maybe you enjoy screwing us over now and again (like those 3 moles-not-to-be)?

Whatever, I had great fun playing this game and it tought me more than I thought I had learned from reading game 1. I'll be back for sure and I won't be 'green' the next time...trust no1. :) :) :) :)

#47 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:28 PM

My final question is, even if we had all appologised, would you really have given us the win?

Absolutely!

#48 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:05 AM

Agreed--the win was there for the taking, all the lot of you had to do was swallow some pride and write nice posts to Dolce007. However, human nature what it is. . . . well.

Now, as for the points needed to win--SnakeEyes, you totally controlled the challenge whereby you had to post the word BOND and get points for the team; but again, greed and human nature, you made it very difficult for the team to win. I am fortunate that my job has me in front of a PC and the majority of the time you were on, so was I, or my OTHER alias, Job, Odd Job. Had you really wanted the points, you could have picked ONE person you trusted and timed the posts and CAUGHTS a lot more strategically, thus making up the gap in points and then perhaps the team would have exceeded the point count prior to Chall. 10.

#49 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:56 PM

I must say that this was a very interesting game to follow from outside, even though it became somwhat irritating at some point :) .

Well done, Matt, and well done all the contestants.

And of course, congrats to Tanger for winning the game and to TRS for being such a clever Mole.

I had an early suspicion that dolce was nothing but pure Moles work, "her" strange behaviour was a little bit too obvious to me. But I still couldn't figure out who it was. My main suspect was - Mr. SnakeEyes, yes, indeed. I pictured him laughing his *** off while creating an intense argument with himself, being aparently eliminated but still be able to do his job. Guess I was wrong. :)

I hope that all of you guys will be able to understand that everything said (posted) and done during this game was indeed nothing but a game, and that no hard feelings will remain.

#50 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 03:01 AM

It's funny, but I did toy with the idea of a 'helping hand' player. In much the same way as TRS used Job, Odd Job to foil his own caught posts, I was going to use 'one of my fans' (Metal Gear?! It can't be...) to post right afterwards and annoy people. In some ways, they would have been my dolce, but they would have blatently been 'working with me'.

I canned that idea because I had the fortitude to go it alone :) Maybe that was my mistake (too much dumb pride?), but I don't think so. My mistake was not trusting my instincts.

Stromberg, you must join in the next time :)

#51 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:41 AM

Yes I always saw you lurking in the Mole threads as I made them in the wee small hours of the morning. I guess the reaction to dolce007's "outsider comments" prevented you from making any of your own until now. :)

#52 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:25 AM

I second that. It's great to have new players. It adds variety to the game.

#53 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:45 AM

Yes I always saw you lurking in the Mole threads as I made them in the wee small hours of the morning. I guess the reaction to dolce007's "outsider comments" prevented you from making any of your own until now. :)

Partly it was because of the reaction on dolces comments. But I also didn't find it fitting to interfere with the game. I thought it would be better to keep the whole game in its own little universe (somewhat like the "Big Brother" TV shows). But I was tempted to make some remarks every now and then.

Would really like to join the next game, but certain language difficulties prevent me from doing it. I do my very best, but sometimes, a post that would take half a minute for any of you guys takes some more time for me (and always leaves a little suspicion wether I posted someting that may be misunderstood or just be plain wrong). It's the finer details that matter in the Mole game, and I wouldn't be very helpful for the team.

Another thing is that I'm sometimes not master of my own time. When you see me online, it's possible that I logged in, had time to read two posts and then got some urgent work to do. Browser and page stay open for three hours, but I'm not really there (this post is a good example: started to write an hour ago, had a meeting with my boss, made five phone calls, had a short meeting with a customer and explained something to my aprentice since then :) ). And I'm rarely on the boards on weekends...

But thanks for the invitation :) .

#54 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:05 PM

Would really like to join the next game, but certain language difficulties prevent me from doing it. It's the finer details that matter in the Mole game, and I wouldn't be very helpful for the team.

Oh you will make the best Mole.

#55 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 06:35 AM

Wow trs007 is the Mole...

...sorry. I barely found out today.

Love to join the next installment of THE MOLE!