54 replies to this topic

#1 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:15 PM

I was more shocked than anyone to find out that I'd won. I didn't thin I'd even get this far, let alone go on to win it. Sorry to all those who have lost out as I'm sure there are people who have played a much better game than I have. Comiserations to all those who have fallen; I saw a lot of allies go down.
Needless to say though, the same thing happened this time as did in the first game of the Mole and luckily, I followed my gut instinct on who the Mole was. I did this last time but for some stupid reason changed my mind, only to find out I was right all along. Well, there was none of that here and I stuck to my initial decision and it payed off.

Before we unveil the Mole, I think I'll take this time to thank Matt for the wondreful game that he spend some long and hard time putting together. Some may have noticed that in a few of my comments during the game I was a little over critical about the way that Matt was running it, the challenges and the Mole himself. This though, as I had to explain to a very much annoyed Matt, was a tactic of mine and it seemed to have payed off. What it hopefully did was make people second guess about their decisions on people, and hopefully through suspicion in all sorts of directions. I think it goes without saying that anything I have said of this nature during the game, was not meant at all and it of course is taken back.
This brings me neatly to my next point; 'the brenden hater'. Around challenge 5 in this game, we had a little interference from this person. To begin with, I denied all knowledge of who he was and what he was doing. Only when things started to go bad, did I step in. This person, who also went by the name of 'wassep' and 'taboo' in subsequent accounts, but has now been banned, was a mate of mine and someone whom I thought I could trust. He'd been an observer of he game for a while and a we already had active spectators, I suggested that he joined in. I did not know, nor would I have wished for him, to say all the offensive things he said. Ultimately, this only backfired on myself and led people to believe that I was either using it as a tactic to win or that it as actually me in disguise. I think we can now set things straight and say that he will not be returning in any form and that I could have acted better during this whole thing. Of course, it didn't get me anywhere anyway and had it done, I would have left the game.

But let us not dwell on this because it's in the past and is a lesson well learned. Let's look forward to what is about to be revealed. I'm sure you've all formed your own opinions one who the Mole was and perhaps had to change these several times during the game as the more obvious suspects became eliminated. Well, I had my suspicions quite early on about this person. I mean it made perfect sense, given his history and also a large quantity of his posts, gave the game away. Still none the wiser?

Well, this person did an all too obvious job of sabotaging each and every challenge. Claiming he wanted to win and that he'd get through each round because he knew 'who the Mole was'. Of course you knew who he was, he was you! And that's why I was all too happy to take that exemption you offered me at the end of the auction.

Ladies and Gents I give you:

#2 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:19 PM

:)

#3 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:26 PM

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:50 PM

Yep, at about the halfway point of the game, I made my mind up that TRS was the Mole, and labeled him as such on many of my quizzes.

I thought I had this final challenge in the bag, but surprises are customary in this game, and I was shocked this morning. I am dissapointed that I lost, (my one huge fault is that I don't like losing), but Tanger definitely 100% deserves this, and an extreme congratulations from myself for winning.

TRS played an excellent game, but I noticed how he liked to just go with the flow and never really push the challenges around, Mole behavior, so more congratulations from myself for being such a good Mole.

All in all it was a fun game, I was worried what I would do if I was ever to meet 'Dolce' face to face, luckily I kept my mouth shut most of the time, but I don't ever want to here the words Qwerteroo again.

A very worthwhile and enjoyable game Matt, well done.

A fine congrats to Tanger for winning and TRS as the Mole, you both earned it.

#5 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:57 PM

IMO, you desrve to be here as much as me Qwerty. Can you believe, only a point in it?!

What got me onto TRS was what you mentioned, and all this talk about "I want to be second time winner and get another Avatar". It was too reminiscent of what Darren did last time and was ultimately what as his biggest downfall. Also the fact that he was winner last time sort of made it inevitable for me that he'd be the Mole this time. Other than that, I would have had no other reason to believe TRS was the Mole. He certainly did a great job at acting like a normal player.

You were a formidable opponent TRS and you played a great game. It's only a shame that we didn't get enough points to beat you properly.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:59 PM

Can you believe, only a point in it?!

What got me onto TRS was what you mentioned, and all this talk about "I want to be second time winner and get another Avatar". It was too reminiscent of what Darren did last time and was ultimately what as his biggest downfall. Also the fact that he was winner last time sort of made it inevitable for me that he'd be the Mole this time. Other than that, I would have had no other reason to believe TRS was the Mole. He certainly did a great job at acting like a normal player.

You were a formidable opponent TRS and you played a great game. It's only a shame that we didn't get enough points to beat you properly.

There were three questions or so that I sort of guessed on because I couldn't figure them out.

TRS winning last time also made myself suspicious.

And you earned it Tanger, what makes you think I should be there? Just wondering.

1 point is 1 point, close as it is.

#7 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:10 PM

A Note from. . . .The Mole

Forgive the header, I just had to do it, but I promise, no nicknames of nicknames in this post, OK, Qwerteroo? :)

Right, onto business, an obvious choice based on Mole I--yes; and again, as I used as a basis of my Mole-argument in Challenge 10, also why perhaps likely not too be. Anyway, yes, it is I, the MOLE and for the latter part of the game (Challenges 8 and 9, the "voice" of Dolce007).

Now, right from the start and through the game, it was always just a game, and therefore, never taken personally; however, to those of you who posted less than favorable opnions of the use of "dolce" instead of getting the job done just as TRS007, well, they're your opnions, you can think what you like and until you've walked 10 rounds in the Mole's shoes, especially when you're already a suspect just for being you; well, you do what you need to do to get the job done.

I will also say, as a form of rebuttal to the anti-Dolce use sentiment, that even without Dolce, very few of the challenges were a complete success (the perfect example was #9, you guys had 2 days without Dolce and me making legit quotes), even before Matt gave me the Dolce password to use as I would. Dolce just took things over the top--but never personally. Although Dolce and her mother were insulted quite a bit, aside from a revision of your nickname, Dolce never insulted anyone back. Nor was I looking to make Dolce blend as a perfect player. I lifted her photo from my website of a senior sitting I took back in '97 (a hint), I posted lightly as Dolce and usually, even though Dolce was supposed to be in the UK, "she" and I were on almost always at the same time.

I, too, since in the guise of a disgruntled player posted negatively, would like to say what an excellent job Matt did, AGAIN, with the Mole 2. If anyone thinks it is easy to organize and set up this game, I would suggest you ask Matt to let you have a go running Mole 3. It is NOT easy!!!!!

As for the avatar, well, I must take a moment to boast and say that I did stop the 50,000 point goal from being attained; however, I am sure Matt will come through for Tanger anyway. Now, it is time to retire, having both played and Moled.

To all players, the hand of friendship is offered, it has been great fun participating with all of you and I look forward to the day to day mingling in other forums on CBN; 'cause after all--BOND is what it is all about.

**Over and out, TRS007 a/k/a The Mole.

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:13 PM

BOND, what a fun four-letter word,"it can be particulary hazardous to one's [points]." :)

No more QWERTEROO!!! Good lord how agonzing it was to see those big letters all over the place!

Eeek, Dolce. *Shudder*

#9 Fraternal

Fraternal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 440 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:27 PM

Can someone please explain to me, how I can successfully pick who the mole is, and get eliminated half way through?

No, didn't think so.

Edited by Fraternal, 03 May 2004 - 10:29 PM.

#10 dolce007

dolce007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 150 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom CBn Mole II : wolf in sheeps clothing

I promise you'll never hear from me again, QWERTY! :) :) :)

#11 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Couldn't resist, could you? :)

#12 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:29 PM

Fraternal, obviously you scored lower on certain questions on the quiz, I picked who the Mole was too half way through the game and got eliminated, so you're not the only one. :)

#13 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:30 PM

Couldn't resist, could you? :)

Nope, sorry! :)

#14 Fraternal

Fraternal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 440 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:31 PM

Please, I was right, I knew from the begginin.

Don't try and spin this :).

Matt obviously didn't like the fact that I knew, so I was "eliminated". Real corrupt :).

#15 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:32 PM

Hat's off to trs for creating such an extraordinarily bothersome character. :)

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:32 PM

You must be joking, you're trying to say that because you knew who the Mole was you were eliminated?

#17 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:33 PM

Actually that's nowhere near right Fraternal. You could know who the Mole was but if you didn't score a single other point then you'd still be out.

I knew that TRS was the Mole since about round 3 or 4 so how come I never went?
Because I knew enough about the Mole's activities to successfully answer the quiz.

Stop being bitter, there's always next time.

#18 Fraternal

Fraternal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 440 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:35 PM

Because you never ticked matt off.

I know I was right, as obvious answers proved it, on the one that I was eliminetd I scored 5 out of 5, if I was just going on obvious answers, I scored 3 out of 5, Now, some people in that round, went for me, if they went for me, they could only score a possible 2 out of 5.

#19 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:36 PM

Or maybe they weren't sure on a question and guessed correctly.

No one's quizzes can be 100% accurately guessed by anyone else in this game, I don't think.

#20 Fraternal

Fraternal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 440 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:37 PM

He didn't want me winning, and he got his way, he could hack that I picked his precious mole right off the bat.

#21 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:39 PM

This is not the place to discuss it Fraternal. If you have a problem then take it up with Matt.

#22 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:40 PM

He didn't want me winning, and he got his way, he could hack that I picked his precious mole right off the bat.

You didn't seem to want to win either though Fraternal, so I don't see how you can blame Matt when you said:

"Lucky, I was going to quit tomorrow, way to much work on."

#23 Fraternal

Fraternal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 440 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:44 PM

Well I truely would have, but I don't see why I should have been kicked off, when I rightfully should have stayed.

All in all, I am in the far minority here, it doesn't matter what I say, none of you will never believe me, but at least I know the truth.

#24 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:14 PM

Ask for the answers to all the Mole quizes before you start to make assumptions about your own personal score. Until that point it is sill to argue that you were unfairly booted or to make wild accusations which could later make you look rather foolish and rash.

It was a game. Don't lose sleep over it.

#25 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:09 AM

Notes From Matt

Ah to wake up and find my Mole revealed, embroiled in controversy as ever.

Regarding The Mole quizzes there are a few interesting points. Firstly trs007 popped up on a few from time to time but indeed Qwerty and Tanger were the only two players to use him til the final round and it paid off - these two deserved to make it this far and the one point separation makes this very clear.

Regarding Fraternal, he did indeed pick trs007 in his final Mole quiz. However as the winners will attest it is a knowledge of the intricate workings of The Mole that will get you to the end. Picking an obvious suspect like trs007 is the first level, playing the game with him will get you to the second. In his eliminated Mole Quiz Fraternal received the lowest score, getting every question about what trs007 had done to sabotage the challenge completely wrong. Our winner has earned the right to be correct here :

I knew that TRS was the Mole since about round 3 or 4 so how come I never went?
Because I knew enough about the Mole's activities to successfully answer the quiz.

That was hard for Fraternal after all of his boasting, but harder for trs007 and myself as we lost one of The Mole's best diversions.

The other person who knew was The_Mole. Brought in with dolce007 he always had to lose his first Mole Quiz, my own personal justification being that he could never win in the end anyway. Still, he followed this game harder than many of you, and he scored 100% in his first and only Mole Quiz. If there is a CBn Mole III, he will certainly be the one to watch.

The other interesting Mole Quizzes were those of Brix Bond, indeed a great player of the game who had absolutely no idea who The Mole was. Week after week his selected 'Mole' would be eliminated and he would move onto another, only to have them eliminated. For about a month there, Brix believing you were The Mole was the kiss of death.

SnakeEyes was one of the great players of The Mole too, it was only his belief that Tanger was The Mole that let him down. In the late rounds he considered changing to trs007 though and this could have won him the game.

As you can see winning this game is incredibly difficult, making it out of 18 contestants is very tough and Tanger got it on his second go.

Congratulations again,

mb

#26 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:17 AM

I look greatly forward to Mole III. :)

#27 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:21 AM

The other interesting Mole Quizzes were those of Brix Bond, indeed a great player of the game who had absolutely no idea who The Mole was. Week after week his selected 'Mole' would be eliminated and he would move onto another, only to have them eliminated. For about a month there, Brix believing you were The Mole was the kiss of death.

Mwah!

I was always hurrying to complete my Mole quizzes as this game was run on Australia time and in my haste I always switched suspects at the last second. Literally! I suppose I should have gone with my first, correct, assumptions. I overestimated the Mole and thought he would be a little more subtle, but oh well, at least he had my misplaced respect.

Well done trs007! Sure you can't be tempted to Mole III? Or maybe you're afraid your luck won't last?

lol

#28 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:33 AM

HOW TRS007 DID IT

This is not an exhaustive list, the man created too much mischief for me to remember it all. These are the big ones I remember, and I'm sure the Big Man will have some items to add.

Challenge One - Get To Know You
Sabotage : Totally misinformed his partner athena007. Done with ease and went unnoticed. At this stage he was up against brendan007, fraternal and paco to be The Mole. After so many suspected fraternal in this first Mole Quiz, trs007 was chosen.

Challenge Two - Bond Crossword
Sabotage : trs007's clue was simply "M-L-" with the instruction that this could be elastic as the challenge progressed. Since the letters M and E were fixed by other players clues we came up with "Sanchez Turned Him OFF" and this became the clue provided by trs007 - the answer appearing to be MILT. The 'present' was then made, complete with Mole Fingerprint, and given to the team with the only thorn being an E where the T in MILT should have gone. This caused the team to ask for clues, with a loss of points.

This was the most obvious sign of who The Mole was. Trs007 with a clue that could have spelt out MOLE.

Challenge Three - Puppy Hunt
Sabotage : Simply exposing old friend athena007 for asking him where the puppys were after being told not to. Trading on his Mole I reputation for being deceitful in return for exemptions this was accepted by many, though some temporarily changed to believing he was The Mole in this round.

Challenge Four - Hunt for SnakeEyes
Sabotage : Amid the hectic place that is this game everybody missed this. Dolce007 was not the only new player created by trs007 and myself. trs007, under his own steam, made his own newbie, Job, Odd Job. This quote from SnakeEyes in that thread was particularly satisfying :

I get shocked every day.

Welcome to CBn.

Job went under everyone's nose and posted directly after Snake a couple of times. This was my favourite and makes it obvious in retrospect that trs007 was not who he seemed.

Another note, this was where dolce007 was meant to really start bugging everyone, but trs007 got in before me with Job, Odd Job. She got up to some other trouble, which SnakeEyes can probably expand on.

Challenge Five - Casino Games
What's a Mole to do when the team is doing it for him? Brendan007 had taken the password, which took control away from everybody - including myself and trs007. 'Thebrendenhater', whilst a VERY BAD THING, was very helpful to trs007 who used the ensuing controversy to distract from the challenge itself. He did finally gain control of the account, but "too late" to do anything.

Hope this is making you all kick yourselves. Will return with the final five challenges and the amazing story of dolce007's rise to fame.

mb

#29 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:37 AM

Hope this is making you all kick yourselves. Will return with the final five challenges and the amazing story of dolce007's rise to fame.

And when the nightmare began. :)

#30 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:39 AM

Dolce was in no way famous. The bitch was infamous.