58 replies to this topic

#31 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:13 AM

Designation of Death by Jason Disley is now available to download over at AJB.co.uk.

And for those who have not yet put forward their suggestions for the Short story volume or their vote for next weeks story, you have until Friday. :)

#32 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:16 AM

I cannot find a single finished short story that I would like to suggest. Is Double-Oh-Zero's short story on CBn finished? I liked that one.

#33 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:41 AM

Yeah I think it was. At least it seemed to be. Perhaps if you message him and ask then he'll let you know.

#34 scaramanga1

scaramanga1

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 04:08 PM

Designation of Death by Jason Disley is now available to download over at ajb007.co.uk

And for those who have not yet put forward their suggestions for the Short story volume or their vote for next weeks story, you have until Friday. :)

Thanks Tanger! Yes indeed my short novella is now available to download -it will be great to get some feedback in the future - may be it will be chosen to be read by the FFRC one day! :)

#35 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:25 PM

I have talked to Double-Oh-Zero about his short story, and that is the one that I choose, he has said he'd like to make a few changes on it this week and will send a new version to me, so I hope that works. :)

#36 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:29 PM

That'd be great. If you ask him to also change it so that it fits in with the literary Bond a bit more then that would be excellent.

#37 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:34 PM

Relayed the suggestion. :)

#38 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 03:17 PM

Ok. Death To Spies will be next weeks piece. After that, we'll be taking a break so that we can assess the current situation with the club and also sort out the challenge properly.

In other news, a new script is available for download at MI6 right now; For Queen And Country written by Simon Billington. We'll be taking a look at this in a screenplay special in the not too distant future, so stay tuned for that.

#39 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 03:19 PM

While there has been a few little breaks now, I think the club seems to be going qalong very nicely Tanger, and I was able to suggest Double-Oh-Zero's story as my short story piece, is there any news on that compilation of stories going together in the future?

#40 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:54 PM

I agree, Tanger. I believe we need to rally the troops a bit. Most likely, this is just a rough patch, being the end of academic semesters and whatnot. With the summer coming, and the freedom it provides many of us, we should be able to get things rolling again.

#41 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:56 AM

Exactly. Thus far, the challenge has received far less than full participation and I'm a little dissapointed about how it's gone. I don't really want to have to go to Plan B as that ruins one of my future activities.

For now though, the next fan fic is up:

http://debrief.comma...topic=16146&hl=

#42 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:36 AM

Two new pieces have been posted in the last couple of weeks. John Lam's 'The Corners of Her Mind' over at AJB and Devan Monroe's 'Death Is Only The Beginning' at MI6.

With regards to the challenge, the 5 stories have been chosen and we are now at the stage of getting permission for each story from the authors. Once this is done it is then just a case of us choosing a title and Mr. * designing the PDF. and cover art.

#43 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:51 PM

The second novel, Forever A Spy by author Andrew Hixson is available for download at MI6.co.uk

#44 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:11 PM

The FFRC is going on a hold for a while as it seems there is currently little interest in it. Look for a revival in the very near future.

For what it's worth, anybody who's interested may wish to check out 'Plus Froid Que La Glace' by Jean-Fran

#45 scaramanga1

scaramanga1

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:42 AM

Tanger -the slump may be because several members are at crucial stages of their education at the moment -soon as summer break starts properly I'm sure it weill be back on track. I know that I am committed to completing my teacher-training and have just four more week to go - hence the reason I haven't been around much lately. :)

Edited by scaramanga1, 09 June 2004 - 06:42 AM.

#46 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:20 PM

That's one of the main reasons why I've stopped it. Once we've got the Short Story collection done and dusted, the club will restart with that as our first piece. I want to try and make the FFRC better than before and I've come up with a few ideas that might make it a bit more interesting.

Fan Fiction Update: A new piece is available at Mi6.co.uk at this link:
http://www.mi6.co.uk...ction/attr.php3

'A Time to Rest' by Andrew Plewa is Part 1 of his "Queen of SPECTRE Trilogy". It sees a Bond on the edge of retirement called in for one last job. This is something that I'm looking forward to reading and I'm sure when the time comes, it will provide some active discussion for the FFRC.

#47 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:23 PM

That's one of the main reasons why I've stopped it. Once we've got the Short Story collection done and dusted, the club will restart with that as our first piece. I want to try and make the FFRC better than before and I've come up with a few ideas that might make it a bit more interesting.

I'll be looking forward to getting back into the normal reading again once this project is concluded.

#48 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 11:14 PM

Yeah me too. I love being able to discuss what I've read with other people and share my thoughts and feelings.

Give 'A Time To Rest' a read Qwerty. I just got done reading it and I must say it's very...different. It's not your traditional Bond story but it's quite an interesting piece and one that I know, will produce a lot of discussion when the club devour it.

#49 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:36 AM

Give 'A Time To Rest' a read Qwerty. I just got done reading it and I must say it's very...different. It's not your traditional Bond story but it's quite an interesting piece and one that I know, will produce a lot of discussion when the club devour it.

I'll certainly make a note to try that one out Tanger, after I'm finished with school exams. :)

Different and not traditional can be very good sometimes!

#50 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:21 PM

It's a very interesting read. It's set more in the film world than the novel world but it's still pretty enjoyable. Melina, Bibi and Columbo all return from FYEO which adds an interesting dynamic, as well as Bibi's daughter. Oh and Bond adopts a street girl who becomes known as Jamie Bond.

#51 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:23 PM

That's a tad bit different, but I'll try to try it out.

#52 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:30 PM

Did I mention the clones?

#53 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:31 PM

Alright then, it's very different! :)

#54 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:46 PM

A new short story (The first in a series of seven) written by MI6 regular Andrew Hixson, entitled Shaken Not Stirred is available for download over at MI6.co.uk

Here: http://www.mi6.co.uk.../sns.php3?t=&s=

#55 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:29 PM

The second part of Andrew Plewa's Queen Of SPECTRE Trilogy, The Rays of the Sun, is now available over at MI6.

Did you read the first part Qwerty? What did you think of it?

#56 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:36 PM

Unfortunately, I haven't read all bits as I'd like to. I'm hoping to catch up on some reading this week.

#57 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:16 PM

Very interesting, I think you'll agree:

www.mi6.co.uk/sections/fanfiction/dts.php3?t=&s=

#58 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:00 AM

Must catch up with everything, so I can check out all the fan fiction!

#59 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 02:22 PM

I noticed that on the back page of the Death To Spies Remsatered Edition, it has a list of the other titles we can expect in the series. Of course, The Man From Vladivostok and Spies Ask Love First are there but also, and most curiously The Man With Platinum Hands is part of the series.

Check out the FFRC coverage of that story here:

http://debrief.comma...c=13984&hl=ffrc