45 replies to this topic

#31 BondzBK

BondzBK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 05:57 AM

I made my point. You just have to take the time to go back and read.

#32 Monique

Monique

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:01 AM

Play nice with BondZBK...he knows people.

Sorry couldn't resist. Would that be an example of dogging? :)

Give me a break Ice Sculpture..sorry I mean Phoenix. I thought you were melting there for a minute. MI6 has NOTHING to do with this particular issue, why drudge that all up? And Qwerty, I know you mean well, but every freaking post you are there tirelessly defending your beloved CBn. I commend your loyalty...but geez give it a rest already. We get it. There are two schools of thought here, and we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

#33 BondzBK

BondzBK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:01 AM

By the way, there should really be an emoticon for snoring.

#34 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:06 AM

Sorry couldn't resist.  Would that be an example of dogging? :)

Give me a break Ice Sculpture..sorry I mean Phoenix.  I thought you were melting there for a minute. MI6 has NOTHING to do with this particular issue, why drudge that all up?  And Qwerty, I know you mean well,  but every freaking post you are there tirelessly defending your beloved CBn. I commend your loyalty...but geez give it a rest already. We get it.  There are two schools of thought here, and we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Monique, I will stop doing that for while, but you've probably noticed there has been a lot of thoughts, comments, complaints about CBn in the past month or so, and I just don't see why all the problems are necessary, for I want them worked out.

I understand what you say abouy my comments appearing the way you say, it was not my intention. But if it's what gets my point across, then I will, because I love every bit of this site, and I don't mind if others know that.

#35 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:07 AM

Sorry couldn't resist.  Would that be an example of dogging? :)

Give me a break Ice Sculpture..sorry I mean Phoenix.  I thought you were melting there for a minute. MI6 has NOTHING to do with this particular issue, why drudge that all up?  And Qwerty, I know you mean well,  but every freaking post you are there tirelessly defending your beloved CBn. I commend your loyalty...but geez give it a rest already. We get it.  There are two schools of thought here, and we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Ice Sculpture? Ha, very good. You two must be friends?

Melting point? No, but close. I don't see why other should have the right to blast CBn, and for me not to return fire? So to speak.

Why drudge all that up? Because I've never spoken out about it, and I feel it's time. People should know the facts. And I have no doubt you and Bondzbk are from the Mi6 forums, it's obvious.

And as for your remarks on Qewrty? Let him speak. I know you not used to freedom of speech, being in the Mi6 forums and all, but he has the right.

#36 Monique

Monique

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:14 AM

Sorry Sherlock, you are wrong. The only other forum I belong to is AJB...check it out if you are oh so suspicious. I've been here for over a year. I have never met BondzBk, I just share his views.

And Qwerty thanks for being a gentleman about my comment. You have every right to defend your forum if you truly agree they handled things well. I just didn't, and I was sick of all the patting each other on the back about a really damaging rumor.

Edited by Monique, 14 February 2004 - 06:19 AM.

#37 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:16 AM

Sorry Sherlock, you are wrong. The only other forum I belong to is AJB...check it out if you are oh so suspicious. I've been here for over a year. I have never met BondzBk, I just share his views.

I love the way you come up with names for me, takes alot of brains.

What views?

#38 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:17 AM

How old are you Monique? :)

Oh my take on this, I don't know if this is true or not?

#39 Monique

Monique

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:42 AM

Thanks Dr. Tynan, I haven't been carded in a long time.

And Ice Cube, hasn't he made his views pretty clear?

#40 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:54 AM

Maybe I just don't understand this, but why not just call him by his CBn name, Monique?

#41 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:58 AM

I think CBn should still report news. I don't see where else you can get the kind of news we report; that the Fleming books have been discontinued in Germany, that Carrara is making a DB5 slot car, that the Vantage is the next car, that the BBC website has incredible behind the scenes clips from TSWLM and MR that have gone completely undiscovered by other websites... We are GREAT at that kind of reporting and I wish people would give us more credit for that because we take a lot of pride in our main page news. Go back have a look at what we've done in the past month for the Bond fan before you tell us to stop.

In regards to this one story...well, unlike what people are saying, we did not report an unconfirmed rumor. We don’t do that. Did we ever run a Britney as Bond Girl story? Or a story on that Bollywood bitch (well, maybe one)? That’s why we created Quick News, so we have a place for all that junk and you can link to the source and decide the validity for yourself. Unlike other sites, we try and only make “news stories” out of what we discover ourselves.

We’ve been at this long enough that we get A LOT of inside information. We usually hold back and wait for an official press release. But this time we decided to give it to the members as soon as we had it. We were not in a race to be first. We weren’t first! MKKBB was first, so it’s pretty unfair to accuse us of doing this just for a “scoop.” If we were rumor reporters in a race to be first, our main page would be FILLED with the wild things that we’re hearing. We are trying our best to let you know what’s going on while as the same only reporting what we can confirm. This isn’t easy.

But you may be right in that we should keep inside information and the play by play details to ourselves and report the outcome when it is official – along with all the other news sources. That’s what we’ve always done in the past and I see now that is a much safer way to go. I had no idea we would get such a backlash from the membership over this. I like doing my little "Benson Published in Japan" stories anyway because I feel like CBn is a specialty site and the news should reflect that. But this news was so huge…

And if this news turns out to be 100% true, will you still feel we should stop?

First up, i didnt want this thread to end up as personal attacks on people.

Secondly, Zencat I love all your articles you write for your main page. You're right, we don't give you enough credit for them. I wasnt really serious when I said you should stop that stuff.
I am only talking about this one issue. I'm sure you confirmed it and believed it was true. But you had no way to prove it. You said it was fact, but gave no believable evidence.
I'm not saying stop reporting news, just dont report it as fact until there is evidence. This whole thing wouldnt have mattered as much if had been reported as a rumour.
Please dont think I'm personally attacking any staff members on this site, everyone does an excellent job, and I cant wait till we can go back to how things were before.

#42 Monique

Monique

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 07:03 AM

Maybe I just don't understand this, but why not just call him by his CBn name, Monique?

Because I always try to add a little humor when things get heated Qwerty.

#43 BondzBK

BondzBK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 07:06 AM

Well said, Brendan - as always.

Ice Pick, those are my and I presume Monique's views eloquently expressed. And you're wrong about me too. I have never posted on MI6, so I certainly am not "from" there. I usually just stick to CBn - maybe out of habit, just cuz my article was here. But you're right, lately it's getting to be a drag.

Look at all your posts. YOU'RE the one who's not talking about anything here. At least she and I have a point to make. I still have no idea what you were going on about in that epic romance novel you laid on us earlier.

And yeah, Monique and I have never met. We've only had cyber.

Edited by BondzBK, 14 February 2004 - 07:08 AM.

#44 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 07:15 AM

That "epic romance novel" was me describing my view of CBn, which I beleive is related to the thread. I was just adding my part, not directly replying to you.

I would like to talk calmy about the whole matter, but each time you take cheap shots at me and I don't feel you have anything of value I should listen too.

How about we start now? Lets take it down a notch.

#45 BondzBK

BondzBK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 07:18 AM

Breathing in...breathing out. OHHHHHHMMMMMMM.

Boundless heart to all.

OK, I'm ready.

#46 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 08:26 AM

I thnk it's time to close this thread. I think the tone here is really starting to turn off long term members of this site. I think all that needs to be said on this topic has been said.