#62 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:53 AM

Very good, AGent 76!

Boy this thread is dead! Time to revive it, because Im a HUGE Arnold fan. And proud to say I'm from California and love Arnold as governor.

Anyway, my all-time favorite Schwarzenegger film is of course, the original TERMINATOR. Second may be T2, followed by TOTAL RECALL, TRUE LIES, ERASER, COMMANDO, PREDATOR, T3, and the first CONAN.

#63 AgentHMO

AgentHMO

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 05:25 AM

Where should I start? :)

First off, after roughly three summer vacation's worth of my brothers' repeated viewing of it day after day after day on VHS, Predator. Especially when they would quote Ventura's epic "I ain't got time to bleed!" There's another line of his they liked to say, but since this is a family board, it's definitely not going to be typed. Not to mention the one ugly mother.....

Second, when they showed it on ABC a coupla times, John Matrix and Commando. The mall sequence is thrilling, as is the climax when Matrix storms Dan Hedaya's compound to take some names, and to rescue daughter Alyssa Milano (no, I'm not making this up!)

Next, my personal favorite, The Running Man. The plot serves as a great foreshadowing of the Survivor/Fear Factor/Amazing Race/WWE brand of reality TV years later. Not to mention Richard Dawson playing a parody of himself, and the outlandish Hunters; the mere thought of Dynamo singing opera has me doubled over.

Which leads me into Kindergarten Cop....
"It's not a tumuh! It's not a tumuh at all!"
"Did she die?" "No, Lowell!" "Did they die?" "No, Lowell!"
"Shut uuuuuuppppp!"
"It's the fire alarm!" "Yaaayyyy!"
The perverted little boy with the gynecologist dad
The ferret
The police whistle......one two three four, one two three four!

On to True Lies...a good Bond knockoff. Tom Arnold is great; check out his line when he almost gets hit by the bus; the younger brother and I utter it in front of our mum to give her the giggles.

Honorable mentions:

The Terminator series....good action, though the Judgement Day stuff gives me the chills

Conan! I think I prefer the Destroyer over the Barbarian, probably because of the casting of Wilt Chamberlain and Grace Jones.

Jingle All the Way, a clever little look at what parents have to go through to please their kids, with a nice little moral at the end.

Junior. Pregnant Arnie? Laughs ahoy! Admit it, it wouldn't be so funny if it was Danny DeVito being preggers, eh?

Twins. More laughs ahoy! As fraternal a film as you can get.

Edited by AgentHMO, 19 June 2004 - 05:29 AM.

#64 Danger Man

Danger Man

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:25 PM

You forgot Twins, HMO!

"Cookies? I'm looking forward to tossing them!"
"You forgot the third rule in a hostage situation"
"Yakkaty yak, yakkaty yack, don't go back! Marnie!"

:)

I can never forget the Jingle All the Way line:

"I'm not a pervert. I'm just looking for the Turbo Man doll!"

Hilarious! :)

#65 The_Mole

The_Mole

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:28 AM

Arnold works best in an environment with no emotional acting required.

Which is why The Terminator Trilogy work so well with him.

Notable mentions include Commando and Predator.

His comedy efforts remind me of strawberry cheesecake. For some reason...

#66 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:54 PM

Arnold needs a big challenge to offset his great physical presence and Predator does that brillantly. Bringing it down to a jungle-wide brawl between the governator and one ugly 7 foot plus alien with Marley dreads. What an epic! The supporting cast is great especially Bill Duke and McTiernan hasn't directed this well since the original Die Hard.

Edited by Seannery, 06 July 2004 - 02:56 PM.

#67 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 06:09 AM

He was indeed one of the better parts of the lackluster 4th film, Pamela.

#68 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:57 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Arnold was teriffic Mr. Freeze. I loved Batman and Robin and I cant understand why that film a flop! Granted, both Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were starting to look a little too comic book like, compared with Michael Keaton's films, but they were stil great anyways. Batman and Robin was Arnie's best recent film...until he did Terminator 3 that is! :)

#69 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:00 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Arnold was teriffic Mr. Freeze. I loved Batman and Robin and I cant understand why that film a flop!

It's not the villains as much that are the problem in Batman and Robin, it's Batman and Batgirl, and Robin. Clooney just is not Batman, and the fighting between him and Robin got old.

#70 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:05 PM

Good points Qwerty... but I like George Clooney. Way better than Val Kilmer, but definitely not as good as Keaton. Plus I can see your point about the whiny, arguing Chris O'Donnell Robin (Burt Ward and Adam West certainly didn't bitch and fight with each other like that on the t.v. show! ) One point I did have problems with is that in the movie, they made Barbara the niece of Alfred, while in actuality she is supposed to be Commissoner Gordon's daughter!

#71 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:06 PM

My entire problem with Barbara was that she was in the movie. :)

Ugh, I just did not like Silverstone in that role.

#72 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 03:28 PM

What hurt the Batman movies was Joel Schmacher homoeroticizing the series. Nipples on the Batsuit! :)

#73 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:06 PM

And then they had the Batsuit tush shot! :) It was all definitely intentional, Schumacher has said as much.

#74 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:15 PM

What hurt the Batman movies was Joel Schmacher homoeroticizing the series. Nipples on the Batsuit! :)

Yeah, that was a little odd. With Keaton as Batman and Burton directing, it was always stylish. Yet when the 3rd and 4th came it became customary to focus on that Batnipples and the Batass. :) :)

#75 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:11 PM

1. PREDATOR
2. TOTAL RECALL
3. TRUE LIES

#76 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:15 PM

If it was meant to entice the women--it didn't work on this one. I found it more of a distraction.

>^..^<

I don't think it worked for anyone, IMO.

#77 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:13 AM

Conan: The Barbarian is still my favorite movie starring Ah-nold. His Austrian-accent was just perfect for the barbarian.

Runner up has to be True Lies. Schwarzennegger is much more than a muscle-bound action he-man, he is also a man of great humor and intelligence and think that this shows in every film he has been in.

#78 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 03:44 AM

My all time favourite Arnold movie is Commando, hands down. When you watch this movie, you have to throw reality out the window. This isn't the kind of movie you can watch with a person who complains, "oh, that's so fake." The best part of the movie is naturally, the end where Arnold goes from killing 8 people to 80 people in minutes! Also, it's amazing how Arnold can hold the SAW machine gun with one hand and feed the ammo with the other hand and still pick off targets like he was sitting in the prone position. Also, there is a Thunderball reference in it, as he says, "don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired." Even noted on the Thunderball DVD Comentary. Only bad part about the movie is that they never came out with a sound track to buy.

Did you know?? that when he cut off the guys arm with the machette, and he starts screaming, he was supose to hit him with the arm and tell him to "Shut Up".

#79 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 03:46 AM

Did you know?? that when he cut off the guys arm with the machette, and he starts screaming, he was supose to hit him with the arm and tell him to "Shut Up".

Yeah I heard that Arnold was supposed to say that line, but it felt too cruel to imagine. Would have been another classic Arnold line. :)