35 replies to this topic

#31 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 09:22 AM

I saw the thing. To be honest I don't think it has anything to do with those spirits etc. To me it also looks like a gust of wind blowing fire. The picture shows what looks like a claw coming out of the fire, however, you can just see it in the film. As the tanker blows up and Bond runs away in the FAR left hand corner just as it explodes a little again a flame flies out. Although when it does fly, it flies out of the screen, to me it is just like any normal explosion, bits get blasted away from the flames, that is what I think this is. After all, when you look at the pic, if only I could take a screen shot, you will see just above the claw a small bit of fire also flying in the same direction to the 'claw'. To be honest I don't believe in spirits or ghost and all that mumbo jumbo.

#32 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 03:49 PM

I don't believe in ghosts but those are very spooky coincidences. And isn't it the nature of the coincidence that it can happen at any place and any time thus making the coincidence of a rocket hitting a man from three miles away and the coincidence of a spooky fire hand emerging from a fireball even more coincidental.

Is that even how you spell coincidential.

That fire hand looks like something from the DAD/TWINE titles sequences! Like the women that dive out of the firey globes! It's just plain weird!

Some would say it was a coincidence... a word that can be said in a post too many times especially when spelt wrong.

#33 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 07:37 PM

Here's a second screenshot of the hand to accompany the one in the other thread discussing this ...

I'll say it again : :eek:

#34 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 25 March 2003 - 09:52 PM

Eerie.

Not to seem like a giant kid, but I'm not sure either way about ghosts. A tutor I once had said, when we asked him did he believe ghosts, "I'm not sure".

My point is he didn't say "Of course I don't. Don't be silly, ghosts don't exist."

And he was an intelligent guy, but I suppose even smart people can talk through their *** sometimes.

Some stories I've heard would make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

#35 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 02:04 AM

This is by far one of the freakiest things I've ever seen. When I first saw the image on the DVD documentary I couldn't sleep that night.

#36 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 05:38 PM

"To me it also looks like a gust of wind blowing fire. The picture shows what looks like a claw coming out of the fire, however, you can just see it in the film. As the tanker blows up and Bond runs away in the FAR left hand corner just as it explodes a little again a flame flies out. Although when it does fly, it flies out of the screen, to me it is just like any normal explosion, bits get blasted away from the flames, that is what I think this is."

So, if that's true, why didn't the other cameras cathc this "gust of wind"? AND: this claw wasn't the only eerie thing. I remember that someone on the DVD said that trucks were driving away or catching fire at night for no reason. Also, some mysterious persons were seen on set and a moment later, they were gone.
I have to say that this small coverage on the DVD made me more frightened than horror movies.

If I believe in ghosts? All I can say is that there are things in this world that can't be explained sufficently by our knowledge.
Do you know that castle of Dracula and its stories? THAT is frightening!