#1 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 10 April 2002 - 11:11 PM

A while back, I read somewhere that someone was killed in one of the places they filmed LTK (well, it's something like that) and apparently, if you watch the LTK DVD, you can see the ghost of one of the people that were killed, during the scene when Perez blows up Bond's Kentworth truck with a stinger missile. Well that's what I was told, but I was probably being spoofed.

I'm not saying whether or not I believe this, I'm just wondering if any of you people have heard anything about this ???

Please don't think I've lost my marbles.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 11:35 PM

This is all completely new to me, but I have to admit, I'm intrigued.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 11:35 PM

They cover this on the DVD documentary. No one was killed shooting the movie, they just shot on a "haunted" stretch of road in Mexico. The picture of the flaming claw coming out of the tanker explosion is REALLY weird.

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 11:42 PM

zencat (11 Apr, 2002 12:35 a.m.):
They cover this on the DVD documentary. No one was killed shooting the movie, they just shot on a "haunted" stretch of road in Mexico. The picture of the flaming claw coming out of the tanker explosion is REALLY weird.

I have to admit, the first time I looked at the picture, I couldn't see it. I can't see how I couldn't though. It's very obviously the shape of a hand.
Just a coincidence of the way the fireball fell and got blown. It is damn weird though!

#5 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 11:47 PM

OOh OOh, I remember now. It was a bus load of nuns! It was travelling along the stretch of road and the bus crashed and everyone was killed. They are supposedly the spirits that 'guard' the road and that is why it is closed to the public and the producers had to get special permissions to film there. Even though they were warned by locals the still went ahead. Not believin in the spirits. Then they witnessed the events first hand. Everybody who was there swears it is haunted.
If my memory serves me correctly, the bus load of nuns was the first accident and then they were followed by others which made the stretch of road get closed off.

#6 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 09:47 PM

A belated thanks.

I must correct something I wrote earlier, I was actually told that the fire turns into a hand, just like you lot said (or was it a claw?). I wasn't told that you see a ghost.

#7 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 09:52 PM

Dr. Tynan (19 Apr, 2002 10:47 p.m.):
A belated thanks.

I shouldn't take any praise for this story, I'm only relaying (isn't that the word?) it. I didn't make it up.

#8 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 09:59 PM

Dr. Tynan (19 Apr, 2002 10:52 p.m.):.... I didn't make it up.

That probably looks a bit aggressive, I shoulda wrote "I didn't 'devise' it", that's what I meant.

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 20 April 2002 - 07:26 AM

Do I believe in ghosts? Yes I do.

#10 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 20 April 2002 - 04:52 PM

Speaking of ghosts, Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan, Canada--where I go for sea cadet summer training--has some pretty spooky ghost stories. No flaming claws, but it was once a tuberculosis sanitorium around the Great War and the barracks for the males used to be rooms for the gravely ill.

Right outside the room I stayed in is the undertakes shed where the bodies were taken from the morgue. And there are numerous stories about dead nurses (Why nurses?, I ask) roaming the halls.

Well, until I film a movie in Mexico, that's my little ghost story! :)

#11 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 09:41 AM

General Koskov (20 Apr, 2002 05:52 p.m.):
Speaking of ghosts, Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan, Canada--where I go for sea cadet summer training--has some pretty spooky ghost stories. No flaming claws, but it was once a tuberculosis sanitorium around the Great War and the barracks for the males used to be rooms for the gravely ill.

Right outside the room I stayed in is the undertakes shed where the bodies were taken from the morgue. And there are numerous stories about dead nurses (Why nurses?, I ask) roaming the halls.

Well, until I film a movie in Mexico, that's my little ghost story! :)

#12 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 09:52 AM

Sorry, thought the subject heading meant something else. Thought it meant someone had burned the negative of Licence to Kill and buried the ashes deep.

Hey ho, I can but keep praying, I suppose.

#13 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 10:29 PM

Jim (22 Apr, 2002 10:52 a.m.):
Sorry, thought the subject heading meant something else. Thought it meant someone had burned the negative of Licence to Kill and buried the ashes deep.

Hey ho, I can but keep praying, I suppose.

Call me crazy, Jim, but I'm starting to get the suspicion that you don't care for Licence to Kill
:)

#14 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 01:59 AM

When I read the title of the thread (and not the author!) I thought Jim wrote it! ^_^

#15 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 12:20 PM

It's the first ive heard of this. Does anyone have a copy of the picture with the ghost's hand, that they could post here in this topic? Cheers.

#16 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 11:21 PM

Yes. Apparantly, the road they filmed the tanker chase on was haunted.
During filming they had many close calls:
-A guy 3 miles away (?) got hit by one of the stinger missiles whilst fixing a telephone line
-One of the truck mysteriously fell apart when it hit a small rock. Its still on film.
-The most mysterious was a hand that can be seen in an explosion. It's not seen on film but can be seen in pictures that were taken during filming.

#17 Honey Rider

Honey Rider

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 03:30 PM

Tanger (11 Apr, 2002 12:47 a.m.):
OOh OOh, I remember now. It was a bus load of nuns! It was travelling along the stretch of road and the bus crashed and everyone was killed. They are supposedly the spirits that 'guard' the road and that is why it is closed to the public and the producers had to get special permissions to film there. Even though they were warned by locals the still went ahead. Not believin in the spirits. Then they witnessed the events first hand. Everybody who was there swears it is haunted.
If my memory serves me correctly, the bus load of nuns was the first accident and then they were followed by others which made the stretch of road get closed off.

I've never heard about the ghost of LTK.
But it was maybe not just nuns who crashed on the road- and years later they decide to film a Bond-movie at the spot. The spirits has been disturbed and finds a revenge in printing a special mark (the fire-claw) on tape. The movie is a big succes over the world but the claw is still there.
~Sounds pretty spooky to me~
It would be so cool if someone could print a picture of the "claw-scene" here on commanderBond.net! This really amaze me!

#18 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 10:00 PM

They should've got Prof Joe to exorcise the ghosts! ^_^

I'll have to watch for the flaming claw. But why would nuns be vengeful and turn a fireball into a falming claw? ??? Makes no sense.

#19 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 10:02 PM

I don't actually know too much about this, I'd love some more info.

#20 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 10:09 PM

Yeah it would be nice if someone could take a screenshot of the picture from the DVD and post it. I'm tempted to write this as a feature for the main page! It's sure as hell interesting!

#21 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 10:14 PM

Do you mind if I ask you, do you believe in ghosts? Personally, I'm not sure.

#22 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 02:40 AM

Dr. Tynan (11 Apr, 2002 11:14 p.m.):
Do you mind if I ask you, do you believe in ghosts? Personally, I'm not sure.

I personally don't really think there are ghosts. Don't know but it's just not something I see happening.

Fasinating story about Licence to Kill nonetheless.

#23 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 09:27 PM

I was watching my LTK DVD today (the audio commentary). It seems that the crew seem to take the ghost stuff very seriously. I saw the "flaming claw", now that is spooky.

#24 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 10:20 PM

Anyone with the DVD, could they take a screenshot of the claw for us please? I'd love to see it, i couldnt seem to catch it on the video.

Cheers.

#25 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 10:38 PM

How do you take a screen shot? I've got it on DVD so I could try to do it. I tried to 'print screen' from TWINE, but all it did was came up as a black box! Of course I'm not going to do it now (half eleven at night) I'll be p!ss scared if I did see it!

#26 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 11:06 PM

Okay I'm not expert, but I believe your DVD player (the program in Windows etc...) should have a capture feature.

#27 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 11:40 PM

I've got something called ZORAN SOFTDVD3 already installed with my computer. I've just been looking all over the place for how to do it and I can't find anything. Again print screen didn't work. I'll look for the hand tomorrow and if I see it I'll come straight here and see if anyone has any ideas on how to solve this slight dilema. I bet it's going to be something small and nigly that needs to be done and I'm thinking to far into it! Murphy's Law really.

#28 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 01:28 AM

I think there's a good photo in the "official JB movie book". I'll check on it. It is one of the better ghost stories from the set though, and the still in the SE DVD is very sinister looking.

#29 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 10:03 AM

Okay, I have the DVD out and ready to look at. I'll look in the stills, the movie itself and then the documentary. If I find anything then hopefully I know how to get a screen shot or someone has told me how to then we can all look in awe and wonder at 'The Ghost Of LTK'.

#30 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 06:40 AM

I'll take a shot of the screen with my digital camera tomorrow and post it if nobody's posted it by then.

It is pretty bizarre and in the segment John Glen says his wife wouldn't let the picture in the house.