#31 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:11 AM

Wow, this is great stuff!!

Easily on par with (better than?) David Arnolds stuff, and he gets paid and you didn't...

You should shoot to be in the industry for sure, but before you do...

On the 'cover' image it read "Bullets Speak Louder THEN Words", obviously, should be THAN. Whoops :) Also the track "Your mine now Mr Bond" should probabaly be "you're". Fix these up and the site looks totaly profesional.

Now, about the gun barrel, someone already said it sounded 'jarring'. I think this is because it's off-key to the usual 'da da dahhh, da da dahhh' because after that bit, it sounds excellent, just like the rest of the music!

Good luck with future projects!

#32 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 01:44 AM

Hi,

I really hope that this works. But I'm not too sure about 'music' before 'production'. It's obviously a new way of doing's things and I DO hope it works.

I will look forward to seeing the final cut.

Cheers,

Ian

#33 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:01 AM

Snake... I had nothing to do with the typos lol, just something small the website designer missed no doubt. As far as my gunbarrel sounding jarring beacuase it's not in key... thats impossible, I matched it to Barry's TLD gunbarrel note for note, that was the only way I could figure out how to orchestrate it. It could be SLIGHTLY off, but I dont think so, adds more character if it is I think, even Barry changed up every gunbarrel he did in some way or another.

Bondian... dont worry man, it will work. The editor will edit to my music making it fit like a glove. For the scenes that dont fit, I'll simply do some new music after they have picture lock.

Rich

#34 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 03:22 PM

Is that first version of the gunbarrel the one that plays on the site?

#35 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 04:36 PM

Rich: When can we look forward to Volume 2?

#36 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 05:33 PM

Tanger - that is indeed the original gunbarrel cue that plays over the flash intro. It definately has more of a DAD flare to it.

Trs - Volume 2 should probably come out within the next several months I would think.

Rich

#37 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 08:55 PM

Trs - Volume 2 should probably come out within the next several months I would think.

Rich [/B][/QUOTE]

MONTHS???:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(

#38 Luds Incognito

Luds Incognito

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 10:40 PM

Great work Rich, I'm really looking forward to this fan film!

#39 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 11:32 PM

Thanks All!

Dont worry trs... just because volume 2 comes out in several months doesnt mean I wont be doing more original Bond music. I just need to find a place to host stuff I do.

Rich

#40 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 01:20 AM

you forgot about my question!:)

.......will the film be realeased on the net? for free?

#41 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 01:42 AM

sorry deth! I missed it.... Im fairly sure it will be released on the web as a download (most likely in segments), we'll see when it gets closer to release.

Rich

#42 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 02:23 PM

Will the original gunbarrel be a bonus track on Vol. 2?

#43 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 02:42 PM

I'm dying to listen to it, but a password box pops up when I try to download anything! :)

#44 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 03:06 PM

Can someone send it to me perhaps?

#45 Lotman

Lotman

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 03:26 PM

Here the same problem!

#46 Lotman

Lotman

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 03:28 PM

Maybe it's because the site is under maintenance?

#47 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 03:35 PM

I tried a few days ago and got the same thing. ??? very confusing indeed.

#48 Jimbo007

Jimbo007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 04:00 PM

The other day I was able to download the first eight track but I too have the very same problem with the popup password box.

By the way, Rich, the soundtrack is well done and very entertaining (especially the second track; my favorite).

#49 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 04:49 PM

Sorry you all are having trouble downloading the music. It appears the webmaster has decided to do some work on the site, hopefully he'll be done soon.

Rich

#50 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:17 PM

Ah righto, cheers Rich, I'm looking forward to it.

#51 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:59 PM

Sorry for the inconvienience man! I know that those of you who have not yet heard it will love it.

Tanger - Ill talk to the lead producer about getting the alternate gunbarrel released for volume 2.

Rich

#52 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 08:55 PM

I downloaded all the tracks at once, and even added correct ID3 tags to them.

If anyone is desperate I can send them to people quite quickly (I have 256k upload ADSL).

However, the only method I can see that I can send them to people is by them coming to my IRC channel and accepting a DCC from me (I can't email them, and use no other 'chat' program with file transfer capabilites).

But you know you'd like idling in my channel anyway :)

irc.quakenet.org
#enigma.ns

Hope this is some help...

#53 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 10:33 PM

Well.. Ive got some bad news people... apparently there is some kind of legal entanglement dealing with Cbn and BSLTW, I dont know what is going on which is strange as I usually do here and on any project Im working on. The BSLTW site had to be pulled down because of this. Can any of the CBn administrators brief everyone here at CBn including myself what the heck is going on?

Rich

#54 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 11:39 PM

Not a problem, Rich.

This is a statement from the CBn Staff as a whole;

For some reason completely unknown to CBn the producers of the fan film that you've worked on are spreading a story that implies CBn sought to give the fan film publicity and then refused that, created some frakkah in order to close the project down, this included our apparently trashing the project in order to exact revenge.

Such a story is a complete fabrication, and only serves as a reflection of the character of those people behind the project.

The CBn staff understand that the project is illegal and to that end decided many months ago to not have any dealings with the project. It was only recently that a thread on the project was created in our forums, and due to the CBn staffers response to the project being a legal nightmare the fabrication of the aforementioned story occured.

Really the people who made up that story, and those who claim it to be true, are quite pathetic. And the claim that CBn had something to do with their taking down of the site and that there's some legal thing between the two? That's just as pathetic.

I, for one am sick to death of all this supposed rivalry between the sites and the immature behaviour of some to generate friction. We're all bloody Bond fans, so let's appreciate the subject in peace.

Two words for you: mountains/molehills.

#55 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 01:46 AM

Originally posted by Rich Douglas
Well.. Ive got some bad news people... apparently there is some kind of legal entanglement dealing with Cbn and BSLTW. .. The BSLTW site had to be pulled down because of this.  Can any of the CBn administrators brief everyone here at CBn including myself what the heck is going on?

Rich

While I could reiterate what Paul has written I will simply add this. CBn and BSLTW are in no way associated, never have been and never will be. CBn Staff have never been asked to contact anyone on the project, in fact they have agreed on the complete opposite. There are no dealings between the two whatsoever, especially those of the legal kind. And if the site is down it has nothing to do with CBn, and only to do with the people who took it down.

#56 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 06:58 AM

I already knew this was the case before I read your responses. CBn is not the kind of group that would try and do something like this. I've known you all for a good while now and have seen other Bond sites do this sort of thing, but NOT Cbn and that is one of the reasons I am VERY proud to be a memeber here. This kind of thing really upsets me, and the fact that they tried to persuade me that this atrocity was true is even more disturbing. Im VERY sorry I drug all my friends here at CBN into this as part of me feels it's my fault. Now Ive got some investigative work to do, it seems I may be putting my law enforcement skills to use sooner than I thought I had to. The best I can figure, they must have done this hoping that I would spread this awful rumor and bring in more readers to MI6 ... giving BSLTW more publicity. This kind of publicity stunt will not stand! I dont know about the rest of you, but I dont like being a pawn in a game like this, especially after all Ive done for them. They also acted in a very immature way blaming CBN for something like this... after CBN stated the obvious, it is truly a legal risk. I totally believe Blue Eyes and Dunph and I suggest the rest of you do the same.

Rich

#57 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:11 PM

SnakeEyes, what about MSN?

#58 SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 03:40 PM

I'm afraid not, it's IRC or IRC :)

I do have some web space available, however it's not 'mine' and the person who lets me use it didn't exctly give it to me to do with what I wanted, so I daren't upload to there in case loads of people download from it and break some kind of bandwidth limit I didn't know about...

Maybe I could upload 1 track at a time for 1 day at a time, then people can grab them and circulate them between themselves through better means?

#59 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 04:22 PM

That sounds like a great idea Snake Eyes. That way you don't have to worry about taking up too much bandwidth and those who find it time consuming to download through e-mail can have a better option.

#60 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 06:29 PM

Good news.. finally...
This mess has been sorted out to an extent, although Im still a bit pissed about the false accusations towards CBN. The films site and my music (along with 3 new tracks) will be available by the end of the week. So it seems there's no need for you to go through the trouble of putting my music online snake, although the fans here and myself do appreciate the thought! Keep an eye on the BSLTW website, more to come. I think the films website may have a new URL, so Ill post it as soon as I know what it is.

Rich