42 replies to this topic

#31 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 10:04 PM

Is it really such a dangerous stunt? I'm sure there are professionals that can do that type of thing with no problem at all. I have no idea why she would be in the car, but I have no reason to disbelieve her.

#32 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 10:08 PM

Nobody can just drive a car on two wheels like that, so it had to be held up by something therefore making it safe for passengers.

#33 Jaelle

Jaelle

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 10:10 PM

Originally posted by bond111
Is it really such a dangerous stunt? I'm sure there are professionals that can do that type of thing with no problem at all. I have no idea why she would be in the car, but I have no reason to disbelieve her.

And why would she lie about something that's so easy to verify?

#34 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 10:13 PM

She didn't lie...

#35 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 10:15 PM

This would be interesting to find out for sure....

#36 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 10:23 PM

Is there anything about the car stunt on the Diamonds Are Forever DVD and/or any stunt documentaries?

#37 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 02:13 AM

Yes they do discuss the stunt but there is no real information confirming or denying Jill St. Johns assertion!

#38 Blox

Blox

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 10:53 PM

CommanderBond: "bunch of **** she couldnt have been in the car when it tilted"

...She may have been -- but not nessarily when it tilted on location. The shot where you see the Mustang glide through the narrow passage in the alleyway was done on a soundstage where they could adjust the spacing of the walls to accomodate the stunt. We know she was in the car for the reaction process shots. She very well could have been in place for the staged glide-through.

Blox

#39 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 10:56 PM

Right, Blox, because all she said on the Bond Girls Are Forever documentary is that she was in the car when they tilted it.

#40 Blox

Blox

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 04:49 AM

...Chris, this is off point, but have you seen the original version of that stunt in the extra features section of the DVD? Even though the onlookers were visible at curbside as the Mustang exited -- it seemed like the smoother of the two versions of the stunt.

Blox

#41 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 02:47 PM

No, I have not.

#42 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 02:52 PM

Originally posted by Blox
...Chris, this is off point, but have you seen the original version of that stunt in the extra features section of the DVD?  Even though the onlookers were visible at curbside as the Mustang exited -- it seemed like the smoother of the two versions of the stunt.

Blox

Yes, but they could not use it precisely because the onlookers were so visible!!

#43 Blox

Blox

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 03:07 PM

DLibrasnow: Yes, but they could not use it precisely because the onlookers were so visible!!

...That was the thinking, wasn't it. The onlookers. Yet the onlookers appear in other shots in the chase as well. It purely subjective, but I thought the "onlooker" take cut better -- made more sense that the sleight of hand mid-stream where the car shifts positions...

Righty007: Nobody can just drive a car on two wheels like that, so it had to be held up by something therefore making it safe for passengers.

...Actually Joie Chitwood performed that stunt. The trick wasn't getting it to run on two wheels, but to get it to pass through the cavity between the two buildings safely. For this reason, they reproduced the stunt in studio with the moveable "building" sections.

Blox