54 replies to this topic

#31 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 08:22 PM

i love avtak so much that i have 5 copies in different places so in case something ever happens to some of them i all ways have my fav. bond film

#32 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 08:51 PM

You beat me Bondfinesse I only have three copies of AVTAK.

#33 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 04:09 AM

i figure if anything happens to my two copies on VHS...SUCH AS WORN OUT FROM PLAY, that i still have 3 dvds. if i were on a remote island and they said you could have one james bond film to look at for the rest of your life i would have to say give me a view to a kill....sorry denise, i love you but avtak comes first, thus i would have to turn down the world is not enough

#34 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 05:51 AM

the greatest thing is my brother is a huge roger moore fan and we have this thing called "the exchange" here in akron,ohio.. well you can buy & trade movies/games/music..

well he saw AVTAK & Goldfinger DVD's each were both $8 bucks..

he bought the AVTAK dvd & didn't even think twice to even glance at that goldfinger!!

You gotta love a roger fan.. don't you :)

He was the man!! Because we dont' have many roger 007 dvd's.. and when that one popped up at "the exchange" he jumped on it quick..

it runs almost perfect.. it slightly freezes at the exact moment where "the beach boys song" starts.. so you have to fast forward there..

which is great for me because that is the worst part of the movie :)

#35 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 06:38 AM

"I must be dreaming" in the immortal words of you know who. You guys are joking, aren't you? Roger is way too old and the camp factor of the fire engine sequence is way over the top. Why would a cop recognize the name James Bond and reply "I'm Dick Tracy"? Why would 007 endanger so many lives in the middle of Paris to catch an assassin. Tanya Roberts portrayal of Stacy is terrible by any standard, What she couldn't hear a blimp sneaking up on her or out run it?. In it's defence it certainly isn't the worst in the series but it's not even close to being one of the best let alone what you could call a perfectly executed film. Perfection?????

#36 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:07 PM

Originally posted by delfloria
. Why would a  cop recognize the name James Bond and reply "I'm Dick Tracy"? ?

The cop didn't recognize the name James Bond, he was acting incredulously to the suggestion that Bond was a secret agent and so he made the off-the-cuuf remark "Yeah and I'm Dick Tracy" to accentuate how ridiculous Bonds assertionwas that he is a secret agent.
For anyone to believe that the cop recognized the name James Bond is nonsense, there is absolutely no basis for that at all. It was a reaction to the statement about the British secret service.

AVTAK is one of the best James Bond movies of the entire series, and probably Rogers second best 007 movie after TSWLM. It is certainly better than anything Dalton or Brosnan have put out.

#37 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 02:43 AM

"I must be dreaming" in the immortal words of you know who. You guys are joking, aren't you?   Roger is way too old and the camp factor of the fire engine sequence is way over the top. Why would a  cop recognize the name James Bond and reply "I'm Dick Tracy"? Why would 007 endanger so many lives in the middle of Paris to catch an assassin. Tanya Roberts portrayal of Stacy is terrible by any standard, What she couldn't hear a blimp sneaking up on her or out run it?.  In it's defence it certainly isn't the worst in the series but it's not even close to being one of the best let alone what you could call a perfectly executed film. Perfection?????

yes it is right there at the best, and roger is not to old, if you think he is to old, then you are to young;)

#38 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 06:47 PM

Originally posted by BONDFINESSE 007
yes it is right there at the best, and roger is not to old, if you think is is to old, then you are to young;)

Yes, AVTAK is perfect in every way.

#39 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 05:06 AM

Well, I have to admire you dedication to AVTAK. By the way, what are the exact lines that Bond and Stacey say to that cop?

#40 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 05:46 AM

I think I am just spoiled.. :)

well I just watched AVTAK again tonight and I am starting to really love the film!

I think with Roger you have 2 seperate levels to his films

**4 Star Great/Different Films!!!
Octopussy
FYEO
TSWLM
TMWTGG

then you have

**3 1/2 Star nothing wrong movies that are just not as good as his best
Moonraker
AVTAK
LALD

~thats the difference.. he made Perfect movies and almost Perfect Movies..

:cool:

#41 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 06:56 AM

How did M have Scarmanga's phone number on the junk? I don't understand......I'm confused!!!!!!

#42 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 06:53 PM

Well, I have to admire you dedication to AVTAK.  By the way, what are the exact lines that Bond and Stacey say to that cop?

AVTAK has long been a favorite of mine...
By the way, I may have been a little harsh in my other post. You are not the first person who has mistakenly believed that the cop recognized the name "James Bond".

#43 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 06:54 PM

How did M have Scarmanga's phone number on the junk? I don't understand......I'm confused!!!!!!

I have never understood this??? Can someone please tell me how M came about this information. Perhaps Scaramanga was listed under "Hired Killers and Assassins" section in the Yellow Pages! :) :)

#44 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 02:52 AM

I AM GOING TO WATCH AVTAK AGAIN JUST TO SEE IF I CAN FIND MISSED OPPORTUNITIES...although i wont find any, just an excuse to watch my fav. bond movie

#45 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 09:16 PM

I AM GOING TO WATCH AVTAK AGAIN JUST TO SEE IF I CAN FIND MISSED OPPORTUNITIES...although i wont find any, just an excuse to watch my fav. bond movie

There are no missed opportunities....it's about as perfect as a Bond movie can be!

#46 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 10:35 PM

after watching last nite, there is no way u could improve avtak, it is 100% perfect...with a capital P

#47 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 10:46 PM

after watching last nite, there is no way u could improve avtak, it is 100% perfect...with a capital P

Damn skippy Finesse.

#48 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 01:50 AM

was it me or is avtak just a fine smooth film from start to finish?, just a joy to watch, zorin saying mayday will provide you with a drink....yeah she gave him a drink alright

#49 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 03:37 AM

lol

#50 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:10 AM

Those who diss AVTAK should read this article:-

http://www.007forever.com/forever's_movie_house_006/avtak_superspective/in_defense_of_a_view_to_a_kill_(part_1_of_3).htm

#51 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:12 AM

Wow, that's strange, just clicking the link does not work, you will have to copy and then paste the link into your browser...

#52 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 03:01 AM

Originally posted by DLibrasnow
Wow, that's strange, just clicking the link does not work, you will have to copy and then paste the link into your browser...

hmmmm.. it still isn't working for me???:)

what is the basics of the article.. ?

#53 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 03:15 AM

what is also cool is how bond hung on to the rope, what would he have done if they had not come up on the golden gate bridge? could he have held on the whole time? how would he have stoped zorin?

#54 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:41 AM

what stamina to hang on like that

#55 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:19 PM

I agree...So maybe there was no big army battle ala TSWLM and MR, but the fight on the Golden Gate bridge is still a lot better than a fight on the Antonov over the DMZ.