#31 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 07:48 PM

Originally posted by Mister Asterix
Seventeen dollars? Did I miss that it was a signed copy or something? Holy cow.

Did I pay way too much? I really wanted to win that auction because I thought it would be hard to find somewhere else.

#32 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 08:14 PM

Righty, if you felt okay about what you paid, then don't worry about it. If you think your $17 plus shipping is worth it, then just enjoy the book. The key to eBay is not going overboard with what you pay. I set limits with what I will pay for an item or items and sticking to it.

As far as the best making-of books, I was lucky enough to complete all of them from LTK through DAD recently. These are great collectibles.

I like the Making of TND the best and the best magazine is the James Bond Technical Journal, which was basically the TND behind-the-scenes. What I dislike about the official making-of books is when they do a whole synopsis of the movie. What a waste of space. They could use that for more information or pictures or whatever.

#33 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 08:29 PM

Originally posted by Righty007
Did I pay way too much? I really wanted to win that auction because I thought it would be hard to find somewhere else.

You didn't pay too much. This is the harder to find UK edition (even I don't own a copy) and the condition looks terrific. I would pay up to $20 for a MINT condition copy myself. Congrats.

#34 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 09:10 PM

Originally posted by Righty007

Well righty and zen, knock yourselves out with this little list.

http://dogbert.abebo...et/BookSearchPL

.......and if that search doesn't work, type out "live and let die" and roger moore, and watch them all line up.

#35 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 09:12 PM

........sorry, it didn't work.

Go to www.abebooks.com and have a look.

#36 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:08 PM

There are some really cool/good deals on there! :)

#37 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 03:45 PM

Thanks Simon. I've been sort of lazy about picking up the UK edition. I also should upgrade my US edition. Thanks for the link. :)

#38 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 13 August 2003 - 10:35 PM

Originally posted by Blofeld's Cat
Roger didn't actually write it although there's no mention of who did anywhere in the book....

....There's actually another thread about this book, but I can't locate it just yet.

This is the thread I was trying to find earlier. I have no reason to dispute mccartney007 about Moore not actually writing the book.

#39 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 05:49 AM

Originally posted by Turn
Righty, if you felt okay about what you paid, then don't worry about it. If you think your $17 plus shipping is worth it, then just enjoy the book. The key to eBay is not going overboard with what you pay. I set limits with what I will pay for an item or items and sticking to it.

As far as the best making-of books, I was lucky enough to complete all of them from LTK through DAD recently. These are great collectibles.

I like the Making of TND the best and the best magazine is the James Bond Technical Journal, which was basically the TND behind-the-scenes. What I dislike about the official making-of books is when they do a whole synopsis of the movie. What a waste of space. They could use that for more information or pictures or whatever.

"They" nail you with the shipping costs...

they will charge you a higher shipping cost.. then ship it as cheap as they can and pocket the extra $2

#40 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 12:02 PM

I have never had a problem with ebay....