53 replies to this topic

#31 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:25 AM

You wouldn't happen to like bad girls, would you Nicolas? B)

#32 captnash2

captnash2

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

natalya and elektra-fleming would have approved of their relationships on screen with bond.

'all the heroes i know are dead'.

#33 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:39 PM

1. Miranda Frost
2. Elektra King
3. Natalya

Those are my top three. Though Die Another Day isn't my favorite Brosnan film, I've always loved Miranda Frost. I felt she worked well within the story and really should have been the main Bond girl. Rosamund Pike stole the show away from Halle Berry in my opinion. She was terrific.

Elektra I've always really enjoyed as a character. I loved how she played such a big part in the story. The World Is Not Enough also happens to be one of my top Bond films, so I can't complain that she happens to be one of the villains in it!

Natalya I've always liked. Perhaps it's because she's the first Bond girl I was ever introduced to. Granted, that was from shooting her by mistake many times in GoldenEye for Nintendo 64, but what I can say? She caught my interest. B)

#34 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

The deadlier they are the hornier I get.

:) :) :S

B) :tdown: :tdown:

#35 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

You wouldn't happen to like bad girls, would you Nicolas? :tdown:

Piuerce's Bad Girls happen to be the hottest :tdown:
And yes, I choose bad girls in real life, some on CBn knows that B)

#36 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:35 AM

1) Natalya
2) Wai Lin
3) Xenia

#37 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

:tdown:

#38 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

:tdown:

Some of them also know they end up like Elektra when they cross the line! :) :tdown:

#39 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:14 AM

Those are my top three. Though Die Another Day isn't my favorite Brosnan film, I've always loved Miranda Frost. I felt she worked well within the story and really should have been the main Bond girl. Rosamund Pike stole the show away from Halle Berry in my opinion. She was terrific.

Oh please. Poor Rosamund Pike was stuck with portraying the most stupid Bond villainess in the franchise's history. She had a chance on two separate occasions to kill both Bond and Jinx . . . and screwed up both chances. And Pike didn't do a great job of projecting innocence before her revelation as a mole . . . or passion toward Bond in her one romantic scene with Brosnan.

#40 Gogol Pushkin

Gogol Pushkin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:20 AM

My ranking goes a little something like this;

1-Xenia (if you have to leave this mortal coil you may as well go between Famke Jannsen's thighs).

2-Wai Lin

3-Miranda Frost (granted she had villainess written all over her as soon as she appeared on screen, but damn she's fine)

4-Natalya

5-Jinx

Edited by Gogol Pushkin, 10 July 2010 - 11:21 AM.

#41 007Bond007

007Bond007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

1) Xenia Onatopp

2) Electra King

3) Peaceful Fountains of Desire

4) Miranda Frost

5) Paris Carver

#42 Bond Maniac

Bond Maniac

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

Yes, i agree. Jinx sucked on so many levels and i´m really baffled to see people ranking her at top 1. Not one of the Bond Girls from the Brosnan era particularly appeal to me. If i really had to choose, i would go with Sophie.

#43 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:08 AM

1) Paris Carver
2) Elektra King
3) Natalya Simonova
4) Peaceful Fountains of Desire
5) Xenia Onatopp

Slight rearraging of my rankings since 2003:

1) Paris Carver
2) Peaceful Fountains of Desire
3) Natalya Simonova
4) Cigar Girl
5) Elektra King

Not too dissimilar from my previous rankings. However, Elektra's gone down a little bit. Nothing against Sophie Marceau(Braveheart) who's lovely to look at and plays her role well and I do think the idea of the central damsel-in-distress turning out to be the principal villain is a clever and interesting one(certainly more clever and interesting than the tiresome Jinx/Wai Lin "female 007-type" agents of Brosnan's era). However, the soap operatic aspects of TWINE and the Elektra character have sort blemished the film a bit for me post-CR. Also, I'm not as wild about Xenia(who seems more like a spoof of Fiona Volpe not unlike Fatima Blush in NSNA than a true villainess) as I used to be. IMHO, Cigar Girl is the strongest and most classically Bondian(in the tradition of Fiona Volpe, Naomi, Helga Brandt and Jenny Flex) femme fatale of Brosnan's tenure.

#44 Jack Rapace

Jack Rapace

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:04 AM

1 - Miranda Frost
2 - The Oxford linguistic teacher
3 - Jinx
4 - Xenia Onatopp
5 - Paris Carver

#45 Civilian_jacksoneric_*

Civilian_jacksoneric_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Hello Everyone ! plrprivatelabelrights

#46 Virgosy

Virgosy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

Pick your five favorite ones.

1 - Wai Lin

... far behind :
2 - Paris Carver

... far behind :
3 - Xenia

... far behind :
4 - Christmas Jones
5 - Natalya Simonova

A little off topic : is the "far behind" correct here ? I'm not sure if it's the write way to say how the gap between the characters is important...

;)

#47 Gothamite

Gothamite

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

1. Paris Carver: Lois & Clark has always been a show I've loved dearly and a large part of that was Teri Hatcher's definitive portrayal of Lois Lane. She's really good in TND even if it's mostly down to the script. Getting to see her in her underwear is a godsend.

2. Natalya Simonova: Arguably the best written of the Brosnan girls and certainly the best performance of any of them. She has excellent chemistry with Brosnan and doesn't undermine him.

3. Elektra King: Again, just well-acted if not always well-written. She lacked the neccessary chemistry with Brosnan but her evil performance wins her points.

3. Miranda Frost
4. Christmas Jones
5. Jinx
6. The Little Danish
7. Peaceful Fountains of Desire
8. Carver's Media Rep
9. Molly Peters

Not much to say about any of the above choices where acting or the quality of the material given to them is concerned. It's simply a "Which ones I would like to bang and in what order," list.

I really can't stand Wai Lin at all, in any way. I think Michelle Yeoh snoozed through the acting portion of her performance and just focused all of her energy on the stunts. And she wasn't even that attractive.

Famke Jannsen was quite sickening to look at in GE, not because she's not attractive, but because she just looked ill. This may have been intentional. I have the same problem with Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman.

#48 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

For me there can be only one Bond girl out of all of 'em and it's got to be Sophie Marceau. She is simply the best Bond girl to grace the screen since Diana Rigg. Then there's dear Eva of course. Blimey was she great too.

#49 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:21 AM

Poor Jinx. She's so unpopular. I guess she can't help having the wrong skin color.

#50 Virgosy

Virgosy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

Poor Jinx. She's so unpopular. I guess she can't help having the wrong skin color.

:confused:

In my opinion, Jinx is more a character created to attract young people. She's vulgar. The scene when she gets out the water shows that she's more here for her boobs or her bottom than her intelligence. This is a personal opinion of course, but the skin color is off topic here. Wai Lin is my favorite Brosnan's girl.

;)

#51 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

You seem to be obsessed with her skin colour, Lady Sylvia - looks to me that others just don't think much of the character as written. You really can't keep banging on about the skin colour, y'know - it isn't a particularly evolved stance to take.

I share her skin colour.

Crap character.

#52 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:27 PM

Where the [censored] does a [censored] face like you come from mate? Dumb-[censored] with a capital D and no less! I'll make it a point to skip your posts. They stink!

Harry Fawkes

#53 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

Actually, come to think of it, as bad as much of Jinx's stuff is, I probably do find her more interesting than the other Brosnan-era Bond girls.

Thus I am the least racist man who ever lived. QED

Oh wait, not liking all those other Brosnan Bond girls probably makes me a misogynist. Darn. Out of the frying pan into the fire.

#54 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

Actually, come to think of it, as bad as much of Jinx's stuff is, I probably do find her more interesting than the other Brosnan-era Bond girls.

Thus I am the least racist man who ever lived. QED

Oh wait, not liking all those other Brosnan Bond girls probably makes me a misogynist. Darn. Out of the frying pan into the fire.

As long as you don't boil it down to skin color like that other [censored]-head, you'll be ok in my book.