31 replies to this topic

#31 john007

john007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 08:30 PM

This is from an interview with Halle Berry from Dark Horizons about her upcoming film Gothika. At the end this was mentioned:

Question: Is there going to be a Jinx movie?  

Answer: I'm hoping. We just got the script last night - the first script - and I hear it's really, really good. I've been talking to the writers about it and they had a great idea for who she is and where she comes from and I think it won't be like Bond - it's not supposed to be a female Bond - but it is very edgy and I think we'll have some elements of that humour that Bond has because Jinx had that in the Bond movie, but it won't be as tongue-in-cheek as Bond.

john007

#32 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 11:43 PM

I don't quite understand the rationale that if Eon produces a Jinx film, they cannot do Bond XXI? Are you guys and gals afraid that Purvis and Wade will use up all their ideas on Jinx, and won't have any good ones left over for Bond? At this point, with little or no information about what is going on or the plot of the Jinx film, I think a lot of you are worrying over NOTHING.

The only thing that we have heard so far is that Halle Berry is interested and that Purvis and Wade have completed their script. It doesn't even sound like she has even had a chance to read it yet and she is relying on the opinions of others that it's "Really, really good."

We have not heard that the Jinx movie will take up sound stage space that they want to use for Bond XXI or that the crew cannot start work on Bond XXI because they are committed to making the Jinx film. As for Purvis and Wade, there's still plenty of time write the Bond XXI script, and who says that it hasn't been started yet?

Give Eon the benefit of the doubt, the Broccoli family has been at this for over 40 years. Reserve judgement until we start hearing the details or about any problems. We only have wild speculation based on NO fact.