#61 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 12:55 PM

Chris Wright wrote:
This list is presented in the memory of all of the amazing people who have past that were associated with James Bond in the films and novels throught out the years. The names are in alphabetical order.  

These people have 'past' have they? And what does that mean exactly? Do you mean 'passed'? Lets try re-reading stuff before we post it shall we?

#62 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 04:10 PM

Aside from the mishaps that occured while compiling it, job well done. Shame to see that many of them died from cancer. Still, a very fitting memorial to the people who helped us enjoy the world of Bond. Well done.

Also, as a point of interest, Stanley Kubrick wasn't directly involved with the world of Bond, but he was on the set of TSWLM and served as a lighting director and cinematographer (uncredited) when Claude Renoir's eyesight was failing. Kubrick was born on July 26, 1928 in Manhattan, New York, NY. He died on 7 March, 1999 in Harpenden, Hertfordshire, England. He was 70.

#63 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 04:26 PM

Originally posted by marktmurphy
These people have 'past' have they? And what does that mean exactly? Do you mean 'passed'? Lets try re-reading stuff before we post it shall we?

You got the point. So, why is it a big deal?

#64 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 09:15 PM

Originally posted by marktmurphy

Sorry, that one was completely my fault. It shows what you get when a edit someone’s work at two in the morning. :) Particularly when I should been to sleep by about nine after a couple of very hectic weeks. Sorry about that Righty, my bad. Anyway I’ve fixed it now.

Originally posted by Xenobia (edited)
...I didn't mean to imply that I was taking credit for anything. I'm not....I was trying to say that NO THANKS should go to me. My part in the process was very small indeed...

Well, you certainly deserve thanks from me, Xen. I had made a promise to Righty007, and you made sure I could keep that promise even when I was unexpectedly kept away. So, as you say, you may have only had a small part in the article, but what you did for me was huge. Thanks.

#65 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:46 AM

This is a wonderful memorial to those who have passed. Thank you, Chris. btw I'm sorry to see that Walter Gotell is no longer with us. I loved his work.

Reply to this topic