Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 03:18 PM

Originally posted by JimmyBob
BONDFINESSE 007 -  

DO YOU HAVE A LIFE?

If you don't like Austin Powers then you have one hell of a problem-even my dad manages to laugh at the films!

often times out of the mouth of children comes foolish talk.... jimmy bobs above statement looks like one of those times

#62 JimmyBob

JimmyBob

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 07:47 PM

Originally posted by BONDFINESSE 007
often times out of the mouth of children comes foolish talk.... jimmy bobs above statement looks like one of those times

Don't treat me as though I'm only 7 please I am much older than that! Perhaps I phrased my last mail incorrectly - you may have a life but your sense of humour isn't as fine tuned as most other people subscribing to this forum!

#63 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 07:51 PM

Don't treat me as though I'm 7!

Then don't act as though you're 7. :)

#64 JimmyBob

JimmyBob

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 07:59 PM

Originally posted by Righty007
Then don't act as though you're 7. :)

Sorry, I just had to release my anger some how! Probably wasn't the best way to do it!

Can we get back to talking about Austin Powers this is kind of POINTLESS, all this childish bickering!

#65 JimmyBob

JimmyBob

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 08:07 PM

In my true opinion of Austin Powers, I didn't like the first one because Liz Hurley is such a **** actress, although it did have its moments. The second one was the best of the series. I liked Goldmember although some of the jokes were becoming a bit tired and tested.

But Liz, Heather and Beyonce returning for a fourth film together could be interesting, after all, they are supposed to be trying a similar formula in Indiana Jones 4, bringing back Karen Allen and Kate Capshaw! Although Indiana Jones isn't exactly the same sort of humour! lol

#66 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 09:20 PM

first off jimmy bob you just being new here, u need to learn fast that the way to get along here is not to jump on some one the first time out....that wont work here, and number two i found nothing in this thread humourous nor was a trying to beso. since you are 15 i will excuse your foolish outbust as silly teenage prattle and try and overlook it

#67 JimmyBob

JimmyBob

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 09:24 PM

first off jimmy bob you just being new here, u need to learn fast that the way to get along  here is not to jump on some one the first time out....that wont work here, and number two i found nothing in this thread humourous nor was a trying to beso.  since you are 15 i will excuse your foolish outbust as silly teenage  prattle and try and overlook it

Ok, ok! stop complaining, I'd call it more like teenage mood swings, but I really do think we should stop this really stupid, POINTLESS childish bickering! It's not going to get us anywhere! I'd prefer just to get on with people, not being at constant feud, which this could end up being if you don't stop making come backs.

#68 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 09:45 PM

Ok, ok! stop complaining, I'd call it more like teenage mood swings, but  I really do think we should stop this really stupid, POINTLESS childish bickering! It's not going to get us anywhere! I'd prefer just to get on with people, not being at constant feud, which this could end up being if you don't stop making come backs.

ok that sounds like a great idea

#69 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:11 AM

OK, girls, glad to see you've settled your little spat, now let's get back on topic, shall we?

What are everyone's thoughts on Austin Powers 4? And what storyline would you like to see? Should Dr Evil turn good and should Scotty take over his throne?

#70 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:25 AM

Rumours are now abound that actress Demi Moore will co-star.

#71 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:29 AM

Before Charlie's Angels she was low-draw, she was connected with films that did very poorly at the box office.

Well, "Gimme Moore", the woman with the outrageous demands is one of the producers of the Austin Powers series isn't she? She does look good for her age though....

#72 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dunphboy007
[B]OK, girls, glad to see you've settled your little spat, now let's get back on topic, shall we?

dunphboy, i am not amused, and i can really do without your smart a** comments and i DID NOT GET THE TOPIC OFF TRACK TO START WITH

#73 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:41 AM

here i get peace made with one teenager, and then here you come with your silly teenage smart mouth talk , have all teens gone crazy this day and age?

#74 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 05:23 AM

I watched Goldmember a while ago. Like most third films in a series, this one sucked.

The fourth one's gonna have to do a lot to get me back on the Austin Powers bandwagon.

#75 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 05:25 AM

Originally posted by TonicBH
I watched Goldmember a while ago. Like most third films in a series, this one sucked.

Except Goldfinger, of course. :)

#76 JimmyBob

JimmyBob

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 08:48 AM

here i get peace made with one teenager, and then here you come with your silly teenage  smart mouth talk , have all teens gone crazy this day and age?

Argh! Just get over it, you're only young once after all! lol

#77 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:18 PM

Here is what Austin Powers 4 might be like if Jennifer Lopez is in it:Austin Powerpuff in Octopuffy Is Not Enough

#78 Matt O'S oo4

Matt O'S oo4

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 07:01 PM

One never know where the over-the-top, campy direction Myers may take AP4.

It is indeed true that the almight dollar, as it were, rules all.

It is reported that a sequel will asset at least 80% of the profit of the original, and with three very successful films in the hat, a forth would be hard for anyone to resist.

With that kind of potential backing, everyone gets another paycheck (and a big one I'm sure) added to their accounts.

Its no wonder the Bond series has traveled 20 films and 40 years.

It is even concievable that a new actor might assume the role Austin Powers (unlikey, perhaps) but with potential for greater gains at the box office....the right actor could carry it on further......

Any ideas who could take over this role? Strange idea, maybe...but, who knows?

#79 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 08:09 PM

Only Mike Myers can play Austion Powers.

#80 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 08:17 PM

I bet sooner or later they'll just to a low budget straight-to-video affair. I can't see a fourth one being made anyhow so if they did it'd probably only be a minor thing. What more could they do?

#81 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 09:05 PM

Goldmember ended with Scott Evil becoming evil and saying "I'm going to get you, Austin Powers!" or soemthing like that. The fourth one will most likely pick up where Goldmember left off.

#82 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 09:21 PM

Well that would be the obvious thing to do but then what else would be in the film?
All the over used jokes that are in the 2 sequels such as space equipment shaped like body parts, Dr. Evil performing a hip-hop song and probably lots of other stuff that we've already seen.
I doubt this will even happen anyway as Goldmember wasn't as much of a success as the first two. Mind you that could be a reason to do another one to end the series with a hit. But to be honest I can't really see much more material there and it'd just be milking it if they carried on. Better off to just stick with the three that we've got.

#83 Dr.Carl Mortner

Dr.Carl Mortner

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 12:25 AM

Funny -- I've been calling For Your Eyes Only "For Her Thighs Only" for a long time because of a MAD Magazine spoof of the film several years back. I prefer "On Her Majesty" or "Thunderballs";P.

#84 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 01 September 2003 - 12:33 AM

Originally posted by Dr.Carl Mortner
Funny -- I've been calling For Your Eyes Only "For Her Thighs Only" for a long time because of a MAD Magazine spoof of the film several years back.

This has been the rumoured title for a while now, and I still think they'll call it: Austin Powers 4 Your Thighs Only.

#85 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 11:11 PM

Groan! Mike Myers needs to apply his creative talent into developing a new character and a new comedy script, not another Austin Powers movie. As far as I am concerned, Austin Powers has outstayed his welcome.

#86 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 11:19 PM

Austin Powers was clearly just a fad. The first was funny and original. Now they are obviously making them for more and more money, but New Line better be careful or they will put themselves into bankruptcy. :)

#87 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 01:35 PM

That's a bit cheesy actually BC. A bit like 2 Fast 2 Furious, but even that was better than the rumoured "The Faster and the Furiouser". I kid you not..

#88 JimmyBob

JimmyBob

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 07:44 PM

I don't mind, if they make a fourth austin powers film, I think that the other 3 were really good, but the last one didn't really explore any new ideas to keep the films really appealling to the viewers. If they do make a fourth film, they really should come up with something new and original. Knowing Mike Myers, he always seems to find a way to make a good film.

#89 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 08:47 PM

IMO, Myers should just go back and finish the Wayne's World trilogy and leave Austin Powers for the time being. Many fans crave another Wayne and Garth escapade and I reckon this would be received way better than another Powers flick. People would flock to see it.

#90 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 15 September 2003 - 09:42 PM

Wayne's World. Party Time. Excellent!