63 replies to this topic

#61 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:54 PM

I think it would be foolish to quit Bond before he has started any other filming. If it doesn't go to plan for him else were in the downtime he has now, he has left the door open to continue with Bond... I think he's smarter than he is brash. 

#62 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

I think that if Craig was quitting Bond he would have already done so, before this announcement.

Maybe.

Or maybe he's waiting to see what happens when development starts.

Hehe do you mean to imply  he's been burned by a bad 007 script too many times? :P

#63 Pam Bouvier

Pam Bouvier

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:48 AM

Showtime is getting to be the place for former Bonds and Bondgirls to gather.

First Dalton now Craig.

And Eva Green.

#64 mummyboy11

mummyboy11

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:58 PM

My only concern is that the Bond saga may become an actors showdown if they discard Craig now. Too much time was wasted after QoS and I fear we may already lost one or two films of one of the best Bonds ever, given that wasted time.

Taking decisions based on media whining is never a good call. And if it was their call, they'ld have a new Bond every year.

Either Craig's substitute is a relatively-young and comitted with the role actor, or this will be a media-frenzy rodeo just for the photo-ops and cool headlines. (Hell, they'ld gossip DiCaprio for Bond like they did Idris Elba if it selled!)

In the end I think Barbara and Michael will keep their heads cool and won't get into wild experimentations. I think we've all learned that lesson giving away plot consistency for Maddona appearences, forced product placements or socialite castings. The movies have a large spectrum of possibilities to go with, with S.P.E.C.T.R.E. coming back, so why not try and make another CR-Skyfall-like movie to let DC out with a bang?

And Craig surely desearves some time-off to do other stuff. It helped him last time...

Can't wait to buy the Bluray on Monday!

:D