This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

The Sony leak...PLEASE do NOT provide link(s)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
317 replies to this topic

#301 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

I think it's a given that more grounding was given to the villain and his endgame in SPECTRE. It was one of the concerns listed in the notes, that the scale felt too small. 

#302 R. Dittmar

R. Dittmar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:18 AM

This is an aside, but the news about these leaks keeps getting worse. SONY may have suspending filming on SPECTRE.

http://www.businessi...-movies-2014-12

#303 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:22 AM

This is an aside, but the news about these leaks keeps getting worse. SONY may have suspending filming on SPECTRE.

Sony isn't the only source of funding for SPECTRE, so we'll see.

#304 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

Whoa. Wasn't expecting to hear that! They're not that far into filming, so it's not a big deal, should they suspend filming, but It clearly show Sony is in dire straits. With Spectre rumored to be in the mid $300millions for the budget, they've already lost $100million from the hacks, maybe even more, so they must not have the money to continue filming. Hell, filming in Rome is going to cost a reported $60million! Should filming get suspended It could delay the film to possibly summer of 2016 or even fall. Then again there's always MGM to sole finance without Sony, so we'll see what happens. Maybe another studio will come it, but that's highly unlikely. Again, we'll see what happens.

#305 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

Skyfall reportedly cost about $200m-$250m. It took over $1.1b - $850m more than the budget - will being approximately $50m over budget really make such a big difference when everything is taken into account? 

#306 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

Uh oh.

#307 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

so the budget stuff may be true? I guess but maybe the early email leak may be not? 

#308 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:56 AM

so the budget stuff may be true? I guess but maybe the early email leak may be not? 

Not necessarily - They may be basing it on the "leak" reports - but most likely, from whats been reported, yes - they're true. 

#309 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:56 AM

[edit]

Edited by tdalton, 13 December 2014 - 02:11 AM.

#310 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:00 AM

DCIJB - your post has been deleted.

This thread very clearly says 'PLEASE do NOT provide links'.

I wish you adhered to this. There are no excuses. 

#311 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:02 AM

By jove! It´s all gone to hell!

or

They´re just using the sony leaks to mess with our heads in a giant counterintelligence move while filming a cracking film.

#312 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:03 AM

Ugh...Suspending filming of SPECTRE due to the leaks would be a catastrophe. 

#313 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:04 AM

I was hoping the leaks wouldn't get worse, but they have. There's a lot of irresponsible reporting going on.

I'd advise us all to ignore what's out there and get on with looking forward to SPECTRE.

#314 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:12 AM

I was hoping the leaks wouldn't get worse, but they have. There's a lot of irresponsible reporting going on.

I'd advise us all to ignore what's out there and get on with looking forward to SPECTRE. Personally, I recommend this thread be closed.

Hear hear! Close the damn thing. It´s becoming a monster. It will get worse. If we had know the difficulties they had while making say, TND or QOS, we all would be in panic at the time. Just let the guys do their thing and carry on appreciating filming reports and leads like the clapperboards, and the first paparazzi pics and all. I say close the thread and avoid the leaks, or the ship will sink.

#315 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:15 AM

Topic closed. 

#316 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:51 AM

Mystified which bit of "Don't" confused.

Must be less subtle next time. There'll doubtless be a next time because some cretin will ensure it.

DON'T.

#317 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

And for those who still don't get why we are so sensitive about it:

In addition to the DAD script affair Bryce relayed above, we got a shot across the bow in 2006 just for having a link to a site (Latino Review, IIRC) that reported details from the leaked Norensberg CR script. It's as simple as that: it's our heads on the block.

#318 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

STATEMENT ON SPECTRE
Posted 13.12.2014

EON PRODUCTIONS, the producers of the James Bond films, learned this morning that an early version of the screenplay for the new Bond film SPECTRE is amongst the material stolen and illegally made public by hackers who infiltrated the Sony Pictures Entertainment computer system.
Eon Productions is concerned that third parties who have received the stolen screenplay may seek to publish it or its contents. The screenplay for SPECTRE is the confidential information of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Danjaq, LLC, and is protected by the laws of copyright in the United Kingdom and around the world. It may not (in whole or in part) be published, reproduced, disseminated or otherwise utilised by anyone who obtains a copy of it. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Danjaq LLC will take all necessary steps to protect their rights against the persons who stole the screenplay, and against anyone who makes infringing uses of it or attempts to take commercial advantage of confidential property it knows to be stolen.

http://www.007.com/s...ent-on-spectre/