37 replies to this topic

#31 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

Looking rustic and worn... a hideout of sorts?

MI6 safe house ?  :D

#32 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:45 PM

I also think that James Bond's past should be left alone.. that was dealt with in Skyfall and I like the air of mystery that hangs around where James actually comes from. If there is skiing in Bond 24.. I am going to be super excited you have no idea!

#33 Marcin

Marcin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:04 PM

I think the issue of Bond's parents shouldn't be brought up again. Deaver's retconned version of making them - or his mother? - spies didn't sit well with me. SKYFALL is about as far as it should go in my opinion, not further.

Agreed. Bond's parents plot in "Carte Blanche" was not only unnecessary, but ridiculous as well. On the other hand, if EON wanted to deepen the story of their death, they should go for what John Pearson wrote in "James Bond: The Authorized Biography of 007". But that would require a considerable amount of screen-time. Still, I see no point in bringing that up again. We all know how Bond's parents death affected him, that's all that's important at this moment. 

#34 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:50 PM

Actually, on reflection I even found SKYFALL went a little far with the tunnel dialogue. It needn't have taken a time in a dark tunnel to turn a child into a man, that's simply too cheesy and on-the-nose. More BatBond than James Bond.

Be that as it may, I'd rather see no more of it for the next five, six decades. And certainly not in BOND 24 if it can be avoided.

Edited by Dustin, 12 November 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#35 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

Same here.  The great thing about the character is that he does not need back story or any explanation for his motives.

#36 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:43 PM

I see where they're trying to go with humanizing Bond, but some things should be left as, and what we got in Skyfall, for me, is plenty. Those that know the character well and have read the novels & stories know what there is to know about Bond. The death of his parents changed him and shaped him into the man he is now. We saw tidbits of it in Skyfall, and again, that was plenty.

I remember when it was said that Logan was writing both Bond 24 & 25 solo, he said he would further go into Bond's psyche. I hope that's not the case, as I believe it's part of the unknown and mysterious that draws us and attracts us to someone, Bond in particular (at least for me).

#37 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:24 AM

I guess Logan´s time with Bond ends with Bond 24.  He will stay on as credited writer for that - but rumor has it the rewrite was so extensive that only the basic storyline will be kept.

#38 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

I guess Logan´s time with Bond ends with Bond 24.  He will stay on as credited writer for that - but rumor has it the rewrite was so extensive that only the basic storyline will be kept.

That's very interesting. I'm even more intrigued by the final film now.

Tbh I find Logan's work so indistinct (or too dominated by collaborations) to be in a position to tell whatever will remain of his draft in Bond 24. Any tips?

I see where they're trying to go with humanizing Bond, but some things should be left as, and what we got in Skyfall, for me, is plenty. Those that know the character well and have read the novels & stories know what there is to know about Bond. The death of his parents changed him and shaped him into the man he is now. We saw tidbits of it in Skyfall, and again, that was plenty.

I remember when it was said that Logan was writing both Bond 24 & 25 solo, he said he would further go into Bond's psyche. I hope that's not the case, as I believe it's part of the unknown and mysterious that draws us and attracts us to someone, Bond in particular (at least for me).

Couldn't agree more  :)