archer1949

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

Why not a redhead? Andrea Riseborough?

oblivion-picture06.jpg

Oh, yeah. She was the best part of Oblivion. Great choice.

#62 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

Why not a redhead? Andrea Riseborough?

oblivion-picture06.jpg

Oh, yeah. She was the best part of Oblivion. Great choice.

Indeed. And if cast, she would be the only Bond leading lady to have also played a future British Prime Minister - she appeared as the young Margaret Thatcher in a film called "The Long Walk To Finchley".

Unless, of course, Meryl Streep was cast as a Bond villainess! ;)

#63 occhile007

occhile007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

How about we setup some "ground rules" for being a Bond girl:

1. The co-star can NOT be a A-lister (i.e.- Halle Berry)

2. With all due respect to my country, she can not be American. International girls make the best Bond girls. However, if someone can name me an American actress who did well, I'm all ears.

3. We do NOT need another equal to 007, because frankly, NOBODY DOES IT BETTER. In other words, no more NSA/CIA female agents.

4. Can she at least be in the same age range as Daniel Craig. He's going to be 46 next year for God sakes. (i.e. - Rosamund Pike and Pierce Brosnan - a 23 year old with a 49 year old. :blush:

5. Do not give her a cheesy name like Dr. Christmas Jones or Plenty O'Toole. The days of the funny/corny names are over.

6. TBD

"I think he got the point" - Thunderball

Is anyone with me? Thoughts, comments, concerns. :wacko:

#64 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

2. With all due respect to my country, she can not be American. International girls make the best Bond girls. However, if someone can name me an American actress who did well, I'm all ears.

3. We do NOT need another equal to 007, because frankly, NOBODY DOES IT BETTER. In other words, no more NSA/CIA female agents.

4. Can she at least be in the same age range as Daniel Craig. He's going to be 46 next year for God sakes. (i.e. - Rosamund Pike and Pierce Brosnan - a 23 year old with a 49 year old. :blush:

5. Do not give her a cheesy name like Dr. Christmas Jones or Plenty O'Toole. The days of the funny/corny names are over.

6. TBD

About number 4, don't forget Roger Moore and Tanya Roberts!

I totally agree with 3, 4 and 5. Also, 1 and 2 don't really bother me as long as they're good, but I'd prefer a not a-lister and not american girl.

What does TBD stand for?

#65 occhile007

occhile007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

- Stacey Sutton. HAHAHAHA. That just made my day.

- TBD - to be determined... :unsure:

- I guess with 1 and 2 I should add that in no way am I saying that American actresses can not act. Julia Roberts, Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Chastain, Anne Hathaway, etc.  They are just some of the many talents out there. However, given the history of Bond girls who were portrayed by American actresses, they never end up doing well. And unfortunately, history has been known to repeat itself.

#66 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

Well, let's all try to pretend, for a moment, that Tanya Roberts and Denise Richards never happened. I don't think that the American Bond girls were bad so much as the roles were bad. Does anyone really care about what Stacey Sutton and Christmas Jones brought to the table? And Plenty O'Toole was completely useless. It's not about were they are from so much as the talent of the actress. For example, Severine is a complete waste of Berenice Marlohe's talent, however, she is excellent in the 4 1/2 minutes of screen time that she has. Stana Katic (while Canadian, not American) would be excellent to have another, true shot at playing a Bond girl. I think Jennifer Lawrence would make a fantastic Bond girl (although I would wait until she more into her late 20s than now), especially a villain. It doesn't matter how famous they are or what country they are from. It mostly matters if they fit the role.

#67 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

I like those rules a lot. I think it's so much better when you cast some actresses that aren't as well known. I think it really brings them to light, I mean look at Berenice? She is stunning and no one has probably heard of her before this Bond movie (well most people including myself) I also agree with the rule 3. I am a woman and I like seeing strong female characters but they do not belong in the James Bond franchise. I mean that's how it has always been. I don't mind if the girl fights a little bit but I don't want her to be a CIA agent.

#68 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

A bit young at present, but Q'orianka Kilcher presents an interesting idea for a future Bond girl.  Aside from her exotic look (her father is Peruvian, her mother a Swiss national raised in Alaska) and the fact she speaks three languages, she's also "an accomplished Blackbelt Wushu Kung Fu and Stunt performer and has trained at the National Wushu Training Center and Impact Stunts since the age of 12." (source: IMdB).

kilcher.jpg

11507101_ori.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/...f_=nmbio_bio_nm

#69 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

I think we should have ten women in the movie, maybe Bond has an orgy? It's been a long time coming after all.

#70 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

A bit young at present, but Q'orianka Kilcher presents an interesting idea for a future Bond girl.  Aside from her exotic look (her father is Peruvian, her mother a Swiss national raised in Alaska) and the fact she speaks three languages, she's also "an accomplished Blackbelt Wushu Kung Fu and Stunt performer and has trained at the National Wushu Training Center and Impact Stunts since the age of 12." (source: IMdB).

kilcher.jpg

11507101_ori.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/...f_=nmbio_bio_nm

She's pretty, she has a really cute look to her.

I think we should have ten women in the movie, maybe Bond has an orgy? It's been a long time coming after all.

Um no.

#71 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Forgot to mention Q'orianka Kilcher sings, too, but that's less likely to come in handy in a Bond movie; it's been a long time since "Underneath the Mango Tree".

On a side note, what about a supermodel who's also a world class skydiver, base jumper, and wingsuit flyer?

http://www.grindtv.c...han-supermodel/

4598595609.jpg

Forgot to mention, it does not say "actress" under Roberta Mancino's list of accomplishments, so probably a smaller, more action centered role for her, like that of an assistant or assassin.

Dave

#72 AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

6. TBD

I agree wholeheartedly. Someone just shy over 20 is way too young. Didn't Flemings Bond girls were always in their mid-to-late twenties? Skyfall got it right, both Ms Marlohe and Harris are in their thirties. So I hope that the Bond girl(s) in Bond 24 are someone born around the year 1983 or so.

#73 Solex Agitator

Solex Agitator

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:20 AM

Melanie Laurent, please...

#74 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Clara Lago

#75 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

Can we post pictures of the people we are announcing? Some of these people you're mentioning, I have never heard of. 

Clara Lago is pretty but lets wait a little bit, she looks a bit young from the picture that I saw. Especially with Daniel Craig being much older. 

#76 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

Laura Torrisi

https://www.google.it/search?q=laura+torrisi&biw=1440&bih=777&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=F8I2VKCQNM7GPZnDgfAK&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=xr8uuEFOcqDa6M%253A%3Bm-6n6CqdexBsiM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fgossipblitz.it%252Fimages%252Fnotizie3%252FLauraTorrisiSexy26Dicembre2013Notizia.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fgossipblitz.it%252Flaura-torrisi%253Fstart%253D10%3B433%3B235

Considering that a part of Bond 24 is expected to take place in Italy, it would be nice her to play a role, albeit minor.

#77 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

So, are we all basically in agreement that we want Emily Blunt as the female lead?

#78 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:21 PM

I'll say yes, indeed.

#79 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

I'd rather they go in a different direction, but it does seem as though the majority already thinks its a done deal that Blunt has been cast.  

#80 Yellow Pinky

Yellow Pinky

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

I brought up Emily Blunt to my wife last night who immediately said, "She looks too much like Eva Green."  I hadn't really thought about that, but there is a certain similarity.  

Anyone else have that thought?

I would still vote for Blunt in a heartbeat.

Edited by Yellow Pinky, 14 October 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#81 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

I brought up Emily Blunt to my wife last night who immediately said, "She looks too much like Eva Green."  I hadn't really thought about that, but there is a certain similarity.  

There's a resemblance there.  I might not have noticed it had it not been brought up, but now that it has, I can definitely see a resemblance between the two.

#82 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

There's a resemblance there.  I might not have noticed it had it not been brought up, but now that it has, I can definitely see a resemblance between the two.

And there's nothing wrong with that. :D