http://whatculture.c...-bond-girls.php

#2 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

We've discussed Rachel Weisz before and IMO because shes in the Bourne Legacy and probably sequel, I rule her out. 

Some interesting choices, I like Catherine Zeta Jones and I really don't like Kirsten Dunst and Jennifer Lawrence. Someone is going to through a fit about Marion Cotillard. Jenna Louise Coleman is a cutie. Mila Kunis LOL, was just being discussed in another thread, personally I like her but not for a Bond film. 

#3 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

Of that list, the only possibilities that I can really see are Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis.  Portman's an Oscar winner, and it would be interesting to see how she'd approach playing a Bond girl.  I could also see her going against type and playing a Bond villain. 

Rachel Weisz would have been probably my top choice on the list, but I think her being married to Bond in real life pretty much takes her out of the running for the gig.

Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta Jones are two that I probably would have been intrigued by if this were the late 1990s or early 2000s, but I think that ship has sailed.  Roberts hasn't really been on the radar at all recently and Jones, at least as far as I can tell, has only had the one mainstream film in the past few years with Rock of Ages.

With regards to the rest of the list, I can't say that I can see them as Bond girls. 

#4 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

SASHA GREY

#5 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

SASHA GREY

You must be joking.

As for the list, whoever is making these lists just plain sucks. Roberts and Zeta-Jones? Really? I love Mila Kunis, but not for a Bond film. I think Jenna Louise-Coleman would be perfect for Loelia Ponsonby if they ever decide to introduce her to the film series. Jennifer Lawrence could be a great femme fatale, but I would probably wait a couple years. Rachel Weisz would be good, but I don't think that would ever happen. And would people please stop heaping praise all over Marion Cotillard? She is just terrible. Although, she'll be in it if Nolan were to direct. Lastly, how in the hell did this list get made without Yvonne Strahovski?

#6 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Lastly, how in the hell did this list get made without Yvonne Strahovski?

Outside of those who were fans of Chuck, there are probably very few people who know who Strahovski is, which is why she doesn't appear on any of these lists.  She and her agents have not done a very good job of progressing her post-Chuck career.  She hasn't managed to parlay her popularity in the young male demographic into any kind of decent supporting role in a film, and the films that she has managed to get herself into (Killer Elite, The Guilt Trip) have been nothing short of disasters.  I honestly think her film career may rest on the success of I, Frankenstein, which is released later this year.  Her only other shot may come down to Zachary Levi being able to get a Chuck movie off of the ground via the Kickstarter website, which just saw the fans of Veronica Mars raise over $2M in less than 24 hours to fund a significant portion of that upcoming film.

I want Strahovski in a Bond film.  She's a near perfect choice for a Pam Bouvier or Camille type of role, and she is one of the more talented actresses currently out there, but she needs to get more exposure for herself in order to get on EON's radar.  The only way she's going to get on EON's radar at this point in time is if Timothy Dalton puts in a kind word for her with Barbara Broccoli.

#7 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

The best thing I can say about this list is that at least it's better than this absolutely insulting equivalent Yahoo! published a few days ago.

1. Rachel Weisz (Too predictable)

2. Kate Upton (Not an actress)

3. Jennifer Aniston (Fifteen years too late)

4. Jessica Alba (Overexposed, too mainstream)

5. Kirsten Stewart (Death warmed over)

6. Samantha Barks (Who?)
7. Rihanna (Act much?)

#8 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Wow, that Yahoo list is terrible.  The only two on there who are even remotely appropriate are Weisz and Stewart.  Weisz would be a great choice if she weren't married to Daniel Craig, and Stewart still needs another 10-15 years before being a viable candidate.

#9 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Well, yeah, sort of.  But my point is that these "lists" for potential Bond actresses usually sucketh.  It's all re-warmed Hollywood actresses or flavor du jour flashes in the pan.  Let's come up with some less lazy choices is all I'm saying. 

Oh to hell with it.  You guys enjoy your Kirsten Dunst and I'll enjoy my Sasha Grey.

SASHA GREY

You must be joking.

As for the list, whoever is making these lists just plain sucks. Roberts and Zeta-Jones? Really? I love Mila Kunis, but not for a Bond film. I think Jenna Louise-Coleman would be perfect for Loelia Ponsonby if they ever decide to introduce her to the film series. Jennifer Lawrence could be a great femme fatale, but I would probably wait a couple years. Rachel Weisz would be good, but I don't think that would ever happen. And would people please stop heaping praise all over Marion Cotillard? She is just terrible. Although, she'll be in it if Nolan were to direct. Lastly, how in the hell did this list get made without Yvonne Strahovski?

#10 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Salma Hayek ... and that ship may be departing soon but she was a ruthless villain in Savages.

#11 TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Antje_Traue

Those of us who are English speakers will have to see how she turns out in Man of Steel, but Antje Traue could be a good up and comer.  She is gorgeous, fluent in English, and from what I've read on some Superman forums, an experienced actress back in Germany.  Given how seriously casted Man of Steel is (except for her and Henry Cavill as Superman, every other major role is held by an Academy Award winner or nominee) and the fact that industry buzz for the movie is really good, my assumption is that her acting talent must be pretty solid.  So given her experience playing a femme fatale/supervillainess in Man of Steel, Traue is on my radar as either a Bond villainess, henchwoman, or darker Bond girl.

#12 TheSilhouette

TheSilhouette

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'd like Rebecca Hall. She was fantastic in The Town and The Prestige.

#13 john.steed

john.steed

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

6. Samantha Barks (Who?)

Samantha Barks played the character of Eponine in the film version of the musical Les Miserables.She has also appeared in a few state musical such as playing Nancy on the West End. Les Miz was her first feature film though she will also be in a film called The Christmas Candle which is currently filming.

I liked her very much in Les Miz but, as she is only 22, she is probably too young to have a major role in the next Bond film. However, if her career goes well, perhaps she ould repeat Madana's accomplishment and both sing and actor in a Bond film.

Edited by john.steed, 21 March 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#14 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

Lastly, how in the hell did this list get made without Yvonne Strahovski?

Outside of those who were fans of Chuck, there are probably very few people who know who Strahovski is, which is why she doesn't appear on any of these lists.  She and her agents have not done a very good job of progressing her post-Chuck career.  She hasn't managed to parlay her popularity in the young male demographic into any kind of decent supporting role in a film, and the films that she has managed to get herself into (Killer Elite, The Guilt Trip) have been nothing short of disasters.  I honestly think her film career may rest on the success of I, Frankenstein, which is released later this year.  Her only other shot may come down to Zachary Levi being able to get a Chuck movie off of the ground via the Kickstarter website, which just saw the fans of Veronica Mars raise over $2M in less than 24 hours to fund a significant portion of that upcoming film.

I want Strahovski in a Bond film.  She's a near perfect choice for a Pam Bouvier or Camille type of role, and she is one of the more talented actresses currently out there, but she needs to get more exposure for herself in order to get on EON's radar.  The only way she's going to get on EON's radar at this point in time is if Timothy Dalton puts in a kind word for her with Barbara Broccoli.

I second this. Yvonne Strahovski would make an excellent Bond film, put in the right role. I think she'd fit more of a villain Xenia type Bond girl, or a role like Fiona in Thunderball.

#15 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

I do not give a rat's arse about what WhatCulture! wants.

#16 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

I would puke if they picked Julia Roberts.

#17 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Antje_Traue

Those of us who are English speakers will have to see how she turns out in Man of Steel, but Antje Traue could be a good up and comer.  She is gorgeous, fluent in English, and from what I've read on some Superman forums, an experienced actress back in Germany.  Given how seriously casted Man of Steel is (except for her and Henry Cavill as Superman, every other major role is held by an Academy Award winner or nominee) and the fact that industry buzz for the movie is really good, my assumption is that her acting talent must be pretty solid.  So given her experience playing a femme fatale/supervillainess in Man of Steel, Traue is on my radar as either a Bond villainess, henchwoman, or darker Bond girl.

Oh yes. Yes please.

I do not give a rat's arse about what WhatCulture! wants.

Hear hear! WhatCulture's Bond lists have been utterly awful so far. Journalism my arse. Who compiles these lists?

#18 TheSilhouette

TheSilhouette

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

I'd like to see Melanie Laurent as a Bond girl.

#19 archer1949

archer1949

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

What an awful list. Marion Cotillard and Rachel Weisz are the only ones that don't leave me scratching my head. I mean, Souffle Girl? Kirsten Dunst? JULIA FREAKING ROBERTS? Really?

Jennifer Lawrence might be interesting and Silver Linings Playbook shows she can play older, but still. And I am sick unto death of Natalie Portman. She's a very pretty mannequin, but I haven't seen a believable performance out of her since Beautiful Girls, back when she was a child. 

How about Tricia Helfer? Not well known, but age appropriate and  Battlestar Galactica shows she can act. I mean, for all intents and purposes, she played at least two (sometimes three or four) separate  and distinct characters in every episode and I had no problems distinguishing them. If that ain't chops, I don't know what is.

Edited by archer1949, 25 March 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#20 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

I'd like to see Melanie Laurent as a Bond girl.

Very good and interesting choice.

Tricia Helfer would be great, too. Her work on BSG was fantastic.

#21 kissarmy71

kissarmy71

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

My 2 faves that would be great in a bond (regardless of age) ....

1. Kate Beckinsale

2. Milla Jovovich

either could play the norm or villians.

#22 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

Jessica Chastain.

#23 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Sasha Grey.

#24 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

ABSOLUTELY.

Let's get a Bond girl who can give him a proper romp in the sack!   Jessica Chastain...he'd break her in half.

#25 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

Here's my top 13 for the next decade

Tamsin Egerton

Rebecca Hazlewood

Alice Eve

Rhona Mitra

Hayley Atwell

Sonya Walger

Ophelia Lovibond

Hannah Tointon

Lily Collins

Hannah Simone

Archie Panjabi

Tiffany or Ashley Mulheron

Adrianne Palicki

#26 TheSilhouette

TheSilhouette

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Here's my top 13 for the next decade

Tamsin Egerton

Rebecca Hazlewood

Alice Eve

Rhona Mitra

Hayley Atwell

Sonya Walger

Ophelia Lovibond

Hannah Tointon

Lily Collins

Hannah Simone

Archie Panjabi

Tiffany or Ashley Mulheron

Adrianne Palicki

Yes please  :wub:

#27 Mallory

Mallory

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hayley Atwell would be perfect in the first full frontal scene in a Bond film.

A man can only dream.

#28 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

I can't wait to see Gina Carano in FAF6 soon. I would not mind if she was a Bond girl like Wai Lin from TND but if see returns for FAF7, I don't know if the producers would still want her after she if already part of a franchise.

#29 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

I can't wait to see Gina Carano in FAF6 soon. I would not mind if she was a Bond girl like Wai Lin from TND but if see returns for FAF7, I don't know if the producers would still want her after she if already part of a franchise.

I'd rather see Carano as a villain myself.  I think it would be very interesting to have a female villain who is, unlike the last time, both known to be the villain of the piece from the outset and can defeat Bond in hand-to-hand combat. 

That said, there's no chance that EON will cast her, as much as I'd love to see it happen.  EON is in Oscar mode now, and pretty much every decision the next time around will almost assuredly be made with the little gold statue in mind, and Carano can't help them accomplish that. 

#30 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hayley Atwell would be perfect in the first full frontal scene in a Bond film.

A man can only dream.

Good choice she is absolutely stunning! Plus she was only in Captain America and in theater so she is still relatively unknown.

I think Jennifer Lawrence, not yet. I think she is a little too immature for the Bond role.