GalaSilva

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Stellan Skarsgard

stellen-skarsgard-girl-dragon-tattoo-1.j

And he's acted with Daniel Craig before in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. 

#62 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

His face screams Blofeld, to me.

#63 Sir Godfrey

Sir Godfrey

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

A very good choice !

#64 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Daniel Day-Lewis. 

#65 FOX MULDER

FOX MULDER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

I agree. That's exactly as I imagine a 2013 ESB. I think this actor would be a great choice whoever he played. He can act well and has a very menacing look about him.

#66 GalaSilva

GalaSilva

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

I agree. That's exactly as I imagine a 2013 ESB. I think this actor would be a great choice whoever he played. He can act well and has a very menacing look about him.

I've cast him in my fan Bond 24 which is over on the Fan Fiction Discussion forum  :)

#67 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

Steve Carell eyeing Bond baddie role express june 28 2013

Actor STEVE CARELL is keen to shed his good guy image to play a JAMES BOND villain.

Carell tells The Sun, "My dream is to be a Bond villain. Everyone wants to be in a Bond film. There's an interesting way that people depict Bond villains that they're charismatic and almost likeable, almost redeemable and human.

"Not a caricature or a villain but a human being who does bad things. I think it's most actors dream to play a Bond villain."

#68 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

Daniel Day Louis would be just to good to be true. 

I like Steve Carrell but afraid that won't ever happen. Its good he wants to try other roles though I guess. 

#69 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

I'd rather see Steve Coogan have a go.

#70 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

Steve Carrell would be wayy too weird for me.

#71 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

So far I like;

Idris Elba

Val Kilmer

Peter Dinklage

Lambert Wilson

Daniel Day Louise

Helen Mirren

How about;

Hugo Weaving (The Matrix Trilogy, V For Vendetta)

has he been mentioned yet?

#72 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

Now that Mendes is back how about someone he has already worked with in the past. Jamie Fox, Tom Hanks (I can't see it myself) and that guy who played Loki in The Avengers also did a play with Mendes....

#73 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Now that Mendes is back how about someone he has already worked with in the past. Jamie Fox, Tom Hanks (I can't see it myself) and that guy who played Loki in The Avengers also did a play with Mendes....

No to all, especially Tom Hanks.

#74 Hansen

Hansen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

My vote definitely goes to Dinklage. In regards of Mendes entourage, Michael Shannon would be great. Unfortunately, there is Man of Steel.

#75 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

Steve Carell eyeing Bond baddie role express june 28 2013

Actor STEVE CARELL is keen to shed his good guy image to play a JAMES BOND villain.

Carell tells The Sun, "My dream is to be a Bond villain. Everyone wants to be in a Bond film. There's an interesting way that people depict Bond villains that they're charismatic and almost likeable, almost redeemable and human.

"Not a caricature or a villain but a human being who does bad things. I think it's most actors dream to play a Bond villain."

I think cast right, Carell could do a fine job. He can't be too serious a character, or else people won't take him seriously. Neither can he be too funny. Somewhere in the middle.

#76 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

So far I like;

Idris Elba

Val Kilmer

Peter Dinklage

Lambert Wilson

Daniel Day Louise

Helen Mirren

How about;

Hugo Weaving would be kind of interesting.. I think also Helen Mirren would be a good bad villain too.

#77 TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

TheManwiththeWaltherPPK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

So far I like;

Idris Elba

Val Kilmer

Peter Dinklage

Lambert Wilson

Daniel Day Louise

Helen Mirren

How about;

Hugo Weaving would be kind of interesting.. I think also Helen Mirren would be a good bad villain too.

Personally, I hope they stay away from Weaving.  To me, he hasn't done anything that great with a character in a big budget film since Agent Smith.  Both his Megatron and Red Skull were horribly generic and forgettable.  Also, I believe he has mentioned that he is done with continuing series and big budget villains after Captain America.  He is quite dissatisfied with modern blockbusters and essentially dared Marvel to try and force him to reprise the Red Skull.

On the other hand, Skarsgard is an inspired choice for Blofeld.  European, refined, yet heavier and brutish when he wants to be.

Edited by TheManwiththeWaltherPPK, 15 July 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#78 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

So far I like;

Idris Elba
Val Kilmer
Peter Dinklage
Lambert Wilson
Daniel Day Louise
Helen Mirren

How about;

Personally, I hope they stay away from Weaving.  To me, he hasn't done anything that great with a character in a big budget film since Agent Smith.  Both his Megatron and Red Skull were horribly generic and forgettable.  Also, I believe he has mentioned that he is done with continuing series and big budget villains after Captain America.  He is quite dissatisfied with modern blockbusters and essentially dared Marvel to try and force him to reprise the Red Skull.

On the other hand, Skarsgard is an inspired choice for Blofeld.  European, refined, yet heavier and brutish when he wants to be.

Absolutely agree.

#79 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

Skarsgaard is a pretty inspired choice.  The one thing that makes it less likely to happen is the very thing mentioned above: "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".  But then, I didn't think I'd see Javier Bardem playing a Bond villain after winning an Oscar for a memorable villain part in "No Country for Old Men".

My list usually remains the same with minor changes:

- Christoph Waltz (now that he's won a 2nd Oscar, his name could be refreshed in the conversation)

- Ciaran Hinds

- Brendan Gleeson (always pictured him as LeChiffre though; character description in the book made me think of him)

- Jean Dujardin (though it's tougher to picture him as a villain; also never seen an English-language performance from him)

- Tcheky Karyo (Defense Minister Mischkin in GOLDENEYE; looks very different without facial hair)

Maybe it's just because of Bardem, but I get the feeling they may go with a recent, European Oscar winner.

Dave

#80 Sir Godfrey

Sir Godfrey

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

Tcheky Karyo is an excellent actor but I don't know if he is a good choice for a Bond Vilain...

#81 GardenerJames..Gardener

GardenerJames..Gardener

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

we bring in CHARLES DANCE and Jason Momoma!

Dance vs Criag at a dining table in France in a verbal joust... lovely!

#82 AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

AgenttiNollaNollaSeitsemän

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

Stellan Skarsgård would be a great choice, as would Bruno Ganz or Ulrich Matthes. 

#83 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

I wonder how much of the villain will be changed from the script they have now to incorporate a actor such as they did for Bardem and who could they possibly get as renowned as Berdem...

#84 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

John Travolta wants Bond role http://www.express.c...wants-Bond-role Hollywood actor JOHN TRAVOLTA is hoping for a role opposite DANIEL CRAIG in the next JAMES BOND movie as he has long dreamed of playing a villain in the 007 franchise.

The Grease star admits he is a big fan of the movie series and hopes to eventually follow in the footsteps of actors including Christopher Walken, Sir Christopher Lee and Javier Bardem who have all previously played Bond's bad guys.

Travolta tells the Daily Telegraph, "I'd love to play a bad guy in James Bond."

He adds of the films' lead actors, "I have two favourite Bonds, Sean Connery and Daniel Craig. They both have ruggedness, class and suave."

#85 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

That could be very interesting.

#86 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

(sigh) Yet another PR story with the sole purpose of using Bond to promote something else.

They must keep that article copied to the desktops of these publications so they can quickly churn one or two of these out a week.

#87 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

Ian McShane.

Would be great to have a villain over two decades Bond's senior, but still physically imposing.

#88 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

(sigh) Yet another PR story with the sole purpose of using Bond to promote something else.

They must keep that article copied to the desktops of these publications so they can quickly churn one or two of these out a week.

It´s probably related to Travolta´s new film with DeNiro (as far as I know, direct to video) in which he plays the bad guy.

While I enjoy Travolta from time to time (although, IMO, he peaked before Pulp Viction), I did not consider him believable as a bad guy ever.  He is so much better as the slightly amused and goofy hero.  I can´t imagine him being a threat to Daniel Craig at all.

Ian McShane.

Would be great to have a villain over two decades Bond's senior, but still physically imposing.

Yes! That would be very interesting - and McShane is one scary dude.

#89 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

I agree with you all on Skarsgard, he would be terrific as a villain.

There's a lot of great actors out there who would be interesting to watch in a bond movie:

-christoph waltz

-daniel day-lewis

-michael sheen

-gary oldman

#90 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

My two cents:

Skarsgaard - already used in TGWTDT, together with Craig, not a big surprise as a villain anymore and not as versatile as Bardem (who had been a very different villain before)

Waltz - not versatile at all, always playing the same character (and he did that before when he was a star in German television)

Day-Lewis - yeah, yeah, very versatile - but somehow too sincere, too one-note earnest and important, can´t imagine him in a Bond film having fun (or in any film having fun)

Sheen - yes! He would bring the right kind of amusement and acting ability!

Oldman - able but overused

What about this idea, very out of the box:

Hugh Jackman.

He knows EON, has acted with DC on stage, is very versatile and could play a surprising and interesting bad guy.