#61 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

LomondMRT Lomond MRT
#jamesbond #skyfall filming at the foot of the Buchaille and Glencoe Ski Centre currently.
4 hours ago

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 09 February 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#62 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Cool, so Scotland is still in the game. Good stuff.

#63 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23741465/ Hmm, apparently TWO Aston Martin DB5's were spotted in what "That-other-Bond-site" claims was to be for a chase sequence..The original link from the Daily Record does NOT mention it was a chase scene...still though...I can just picture Bond driving through the wilderness of Scotland in the DB5, akin to him driving through the Swiss Alps in Goldfinger..

#64 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Thanks Luigi, another great find.

This says to me that the climax in Scotland begins just after scene 134. M and Bond drive there in the DB5.
I now think that the black box on the Westminster roof scene (172) is indeed the end of the film, perhaps even the very last scene.

Bond and Eve looking off towards the Palace of Westminster, with Bond contemplating all that he's done for the British government. Cut to end credits.

Edit: Luigi, I see you've drawn the same conclusion.

Maybe. But most Bond scripts have over 400 scenes in them. So, I would say that this is more likely to take place somewhere around the halfway mark.

#65 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Bond and Eve looking off towards the Palace of Westminster, with Bond contemplating all that he's done for the British government.

Would tie into the 50th anniversary very nicely. I agree. Should be a cracker of a final showdown.

#66 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Of course, he hasn't really done that much ... yet. Played some poker with a terrorists' banker and saved poor Bolivians from getting too thirsty - and gone off on his own vendetta, gotten an allied intelligence operative falsely accused and tortured, and then killed.

#67 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Of course, he hasn't really done that much ... yet. Played some poker with a terrorists' banker and saved poor Bolivians from getting too thirsty - and gone off on his own vendetta, gotten an allied intelligence operative falsely accused and tortured, and then killed.

HAHA Totally forgot about the reboot.

Post of the week, well played sir.

#68 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Thanks Luigi, another great find.

This says to me that the climax in Scotland begins just after scene 134. M and Bond drive there in the DB5.
I now think that the black box on the Westminster roof scene (172) is indeed the end of the film, perhaps even the very last scene.

Bond and Eve looking off towards the Palace of Westminster, with Bond contemplating all that he's done for the British government. Cut to end credits.

Edit: Luigi, I see you've drawn the same conclusion.

Maybe. But most Bond scripts have over 400 scenes in them. So, I would say that this is more likely to take place somewhere around the halfway mark.

Not this old chestnut again! For the love of god. No they don’t.
Some pre 90s Bond scripts do seem to have scene numbers like 371 or 952 or 1587, but they do not have that many scenes in them.
All modern movies have sequentially numbered scenes and the average 2-hour movie has between 150 and 200 scenes.

#69 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Back to the classics! Daniel Craig gets behind the wheel of James Bond's traditional Aston Martin for Skyfall

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 09 February 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#70 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Thanks. Love this photo.

Posted Image

Could this be the 'manor house' now?

Posted Image

#71 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Some pre 90s Bond scripts do seem to have scene numbers like 371 or 952 or 1587, but they do not have that many scenes in them.

Yes they do.

#72 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

Yes they do.

such as?

#73 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

Yes they do.

such as?

Licence To Kill has 426 scenes and GoldenEye has 471 scenes for a start.

#74 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

@Shrublands: Could be.There is a remarkable resemblance to that house's project in the Brecon Beacons. My guess is that they are going to take the exterior shots here and then build the replica elsewhere ( B.B. maybe? ) in order to blow it up...

@Shrublands, @Royal Dalton : And,please,not that old chestnut again. It's the 3rd time,guys...So boring!

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 09 February 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#75 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

Thanks. Love this photo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just cued up "Alpine Drive - Auric's Factory" from Goldfinger on the iPod..Great pics!

#76 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

@Shrublands: Could be.There is a remarkable resemblance to that house's project in the Brecon Beacons. My guess is that they are going to take the exterior shots here and then build the replica elsewhere ( B.B. maybe? ) in order to blow it up...

@Shrublands, @Royal Dalton : And,please,not that old chestnut again. It's the 3rd time,guys...So boring!

I know, sorry, but here is a bit of research that you forwarded last time which I think makes the point.

Based on these scripts it appears that there were 205 scenes in CR, 179 scenes in GE and 830 (!) in TLD, but if you look carefully you will notice that in that draft the scenes are not numbered consecutively from 1 to 830. Specifically there are 98 scenes in it.

#77 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Right, two people in the front then. You guys were right. Awesome photo, absolutely classic Bond.

Good catch on the Manor House as well (note the chapel on the side). Like Luigi said, they'll shoot the parts that don't require 'splosions here, and then rebuild elsewhere. Great stuff, everything's beginning to come together.

#78 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thanks. Love this photo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wonder if Bond made a move on M there? The next photo will show the windows fogged up.

#79 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

Very nice pictures indeed. Great to see my homeland back in Bond filming.

My assumption is that this house (Dalness Lodge?) will be a home that Bond inherited from his parents, and will act as a safehouse when he and M have to flee London. Hopefully that will be the limit to how far they dig into Bond's history.

#80 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

I know, sorry, but here is a bit of research that you forwarded last time which I think makes the point.

Based on these scripts it appears that there were 205 scenes in CR, 179 scenes in GE and 830 (!) in TLD, but if you look carefully you will notice that in that draft the scenes are not numbered consecutively from 1 to 830. Specifically there are 98 scenes in it.

I don't need to worry about "chestnuts" I've got the actual scripts right here in front of me. But you obviously think you know better.

#81 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

We sure his heritage will be a factor? I'd like to think this is where the baddie resides.

#82 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

So this is REALLY a classic Bond movie. Thank you Sam Mendes...

xxx

#83 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

We sure his heritage will be a factor? I'd like to think this is where the baddie resides.

I think Vauxhall may be right. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a reference to it being Bond's father's family home. But, also as Vauxhall says, I hope the reference ends there; I don't want his parents or history tying directly into the plot. It's just a place Bond goes to "hide" or get away, and a one or two line throwaway reference to his family's history with the place is all I need to hear.

#84 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

I don't need to worry about "chestnuts" I've got the actual scripts right here in front of me. But you obviously think you know better.

OK, have you counted how many scenes there ACTUALLY are in TLD, not the numbers, how many scenes?

You do realise that to have 830 scenes in a 2-hour film there would have to be almost 7 complete scene changes every single minute. That does not happen in TLD or any film.

#85 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Dalness Lodge - via Google Street View

The location should be visible in the above link.

#86 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Dalness Lodge looks exactly like those plans we saw a couple of days ago. If they built the manor it would probably look just like that, chapel and all. And that hill next to it, where the "sky falls" looks awesome. And it has a river next to it too. Can´t wait to see what Deakins will do with this.

#87 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

OK, have you counted how many scenes there ACTUALLY are in TLD, not the numbers, how many scenes?

You do realise that to have 830 scenes in a 2-hour film there would have to be almost 7 complete scene changes every single minute. That does not happen in TLD or any film.

I'm talking about the scripts for Licence To Kill and GoldenEye, which do have 400+ scenes in them.
Can you point me to the original link about the Daylights script having 830 scenes in it, please?

#88 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

During the launch PC, Mendes pointedly told a reporter, "You're not entirely accurate in describing it as Bond going back to his roots" which, to me, seems like a refutation of the idea that this has anything to do with Bond's personal or family past.

#89 univex

univex

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2310 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

How about a new thread just for this "how many scenes" discussion? I´m only suggesting it because it does come up very often.

#90 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

New clapper board on the official facebook page.

Scene 137

Scottish Highlands.