1981 replies to this topic

#721 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

That piece of Beetles news must be the weirdest Bond related info I´ve ever seen. And they´re not even the old models, and...they´re all blue. Straannnggge...

I'd say, in the film, they'll be the same car.

According to the article, the Beetles will be in an "elaborate sequence" shot in Turkey. We also know that shooting in Turkey involves a stunt scene on a train, believed to be the one that ws planned for India. I'm guessing that the train could be transporting cars.

A train transporting cars? Charming but highly unlikely. Since the cars are the same model and color they probably will be used for a stunt scene in which the Beetle is planned to be gradually smashed.

#722 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Thoughts?

Miss Hoe?

Ah, the old Eve Hoe.

Can see this, when doubtless she rebuffs Bond in some way.

Can also see something like "is half-Chinese" therefore Eve Ho.

Or perhaps something that alludes to this entry in the Urban Dictionary. (by they way, before anyone clicks the link, I’d like to distance myself from the content of the definition provided, say I am in no way responsible and that I offer it here only for thoroughness in this matter)
http://www.urbandict...erm=Heave%20Hoe

#723 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

What is interesting however, is that she said about the filming of Skyfall: "It doesn't feel like making a James Bond film at all. It feels like we're making a little indie movie"

Thoughts?

Thoughts?... Well I'm a litte confused. How would one know how it feels to make a Bond film, if one has never made one in the past?

#724 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

I'm guessing Harris was expecting big and bold shoots with everyone involved. But I think SKYFALL's cast can really be divided in half, with Craig, Bardem, Harris and Marlohe involevd in the main plot and everyone else in the subplot, so Harris wouldn't really interact with the likes of Judi Dench and Ralph Fiennes all that much.

#725 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

Point taken, CP.

#726 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:44 AM

Knew if she wasn't Moneypenny her last name would be something funny, in the mold of the classic Bond girl.

#727 Col. Sun

Col. Sun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:31 AM

I'm guessing Harris was expecting big and bold shoots with everyone involved. But I think SKYFALL's cast can really be divided in half, with Craig, Bardem, Harris and Marlohe involevd in the main plot and everyone else in the subplot, so Harris wouldn't really interact with the likes of Judi Dench and Ralph Fiennes all that much.

I suspect she means the filming seems more intimate and immediate more like an independent film rather than a huge Studio machine. This would be down to Sam Mendes and his ADs, following his lead, creating this kind of atmosphere on set.

#728 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

Some stories from the monkey house: Severine is a "Bond Lady" and Ralph Fiennes won't say one way of the other as to which character he is playing.

I suspect she means the filming seems more intimate and immediate more like an independent film rather than a huge Studio machine. This would be down to Sam Mendes and his ADs, following his lead, creating this kind of atmosphere on set.

I don't see why both can't be true - Harris only interacting with half of the cast in an intimate and immediate setting.

#729 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

Did she REALLY say such a thing? It sounds a bit like putting it down and would she be so stupid as to slap into her employers faces?

#730 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

Based on her comments, she's not going in for the typical "Bond woman" definition of being Bond's equal. I think she means it in the sense that her role is an actual character, someone who exists in the world of the film even when she is not on camera, as opposed to some Bond girls who come and go without really being noticed except for the scenes that they're in. She credits the writers with doing this (and with doing it to every character), rather than suggesting that it has come solely out of her performance.

#731 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Ain't that what they all say these days?

#732 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

http://www.thisissou...tail/story.html

Rumours of Bond film in the Brecons

"The site is a hillside east of Llanddeusant and behind Mynydd y Llan, right on the edge of the county border and near the Usk Reservoir.
The company's agent said it could not name the project, saying it was "commercially sensitive".
But the Post has heard from separate sources that the shoot is for the new James Bond film Skyfall."

#733 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Ain't that what they all say these days?

If you read the article, Marlohe uses the phrase in a different context to the norm. Most actors describe their "Bond women" as being strong and capable and independent. Marlohe uses it in the sense that the role is a little more grown-up than some of the previous Bond girls, as if she exists even when she is not on-screen.

#734 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Based on her comments, she's not going in for the typical "Bond woman" definition of being Bond's equal. I think she means it in the sense that her role is an actual character, someone who exists in the world of the film even when she is not on camera, as opposed to some Bond girls who come and go without really being noticed except for the scenes that they're in. She credits the writers with doing this (and with doing it to every character), rather than suggesting that it has come solely out of her performance.

Right - she's Blofeld then.

#735 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

Bond is definitely moving to Turkey:

@AngloTurkish Anglo Turkish
Anglo-Turkish.. carrying goods for new Bond 007 Movie
57 mins ago

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 24 January 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#736 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

http://www.thisissou...tail/story.html

Rumours of Bond film in the Brecons

"The site is a hillside east of Llanddeusant and behind Mynydd y Llan, right on the edge of the county border and near the Usk Reservoir.
The company's agent said it could not name the project, saying it was "commercially sensitive".
But the Post has heard from separate sources that the shoot is for the new James Bond film Skyfall."

Here is an extra bit of evidence that this is indeed Skyfall
Skyfall’s Location Manager is Russell Lodge
The production company’s Location Manager present at the National Park authority’s meeting deciding on this proposal on January 20th - Russell Lodge.

#737 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

Right - she's Blofeld then.

I wonder, when you will ever post a comment, that actually feeds a discussion instead of making an effort to destroy it with unnecessary negative comments? You think, you are funny or smart? You don't EVER add anything supportive to ANY discussion. However long you are here, this is sort of destuctive all altogether. You act, as if all this is beneath you really, but you act like.a jerk.

#738 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

Are you talking about Jim? Seriously?

#739 Tuxedo

Tuxedo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

I actually enjoy Jim's unique posts very much.

#740 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

I wonder, when you will ever post a comment, that actually feeds a discussion instead of making an effort to destroy it with unnecessary negative comments? You think, you are funny or smart? You don't EVER add anything supportive to ANY discussion. However long you are here, this is sort of destuctive all altogether. You act, as if all this is beneath you really, but you act like.a jerk.

Oh, how wrong you are. By far Jim is the wittiest member here at CBn.

#741 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

He is playing on you his English senses of humour.

#742 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Not sure if it's already been posted, but someone posted this on the other board.

The video description says only "James Bond 2012".

Don't think so.

xxx

#743 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

You guys are serious? Jim is annoying, you guys really defend him? He wil appreciate that...good luck with that...

#744 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

I actually enjoy Jim's unique posts very much.

You and 99% of the rest of us, apparently. This place wouldn't be the same without him.

You guys are serious? Jim is annoying, you guys really defend him? He wil appreciate that...good luck with that...

Yes.

#745 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Not sure if it's already been posted, but someone posted this on the other board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PYD2XkOLbI

The video description says only "James Bond 2012".

Don't think so.

xxx

Bond or not, the narration there was awesome.

#746 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

Think this confirms that the VW Beetles which EON was buying up are gonna be the NEW Beetles (1998 onwards) and not the classic VW bugs.. Man, I'm curious as to what the action scene is gonna be like..

#747 George88

George88

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Always at your throat or at your feet.

#748 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

He's also a moderator. Good luck with that...

Watch what you say.

#749 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

If someone offers you a drink on a zeppelin...

#750 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Mharkin, 24 January 2012 - 08:46 PM.