819 replies to this topic

#781 Jeao007

Jeao007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

Apparently, Bizarre creations is no more. http://spong.com/art...zarre-Creations

#782 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, bombed hard. No more 3rd person Daniel Craig shooter/drivers, methinks.

Well, stranger things have happened. I don't think we should rule anything out, Bond has too much staying-power for that. When the next movie comes out, maybe they'll do a tie-in game?

#783 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

Apparently, Bizarre creations is no more. http://spong.com/art...zarre-Creations

The driving levels were NOT the reason Blood Stone failed commercially, shame if this is a reaction to that.

#784 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

This really sucks, if we don't get another third person adventure I'm going to be really annoyed. The First Person ones, under Activision especially, will all feel like COD clones (much like GE and QoS do). We won't be getting a cinematic Bond offering for quite some time now. Poor Bizarre, I really feel bad for the workers there. It's not fair. There was NO marketing for this game, what the hell did the company expect? Bond fans bought it, but there really aren't THAT many diehards. Even one commercial would have worked just fine. All of the resources clearly went to GE, though, and in retrospect it was a terrible idea to release two Bond games on the same day, especially one that was competing against a high profile remake of one of the most beloved shooters ever. Well done Activision, you just cost a good amount of people their jobs.

#785 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

Now - am wondering - do I get BS even though I don't have a PS3, just to ensure I have a copy for when I do?

#786 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

This really sucks, if we don't get another third person adventure I'm going to be really annoyed. The First Person ones, under Activision especially, will all feel like COD clones (much like GE and QoS do). We won't be getting a cinematic Bond offering for quite some time now. Poor Bizarre, I really feel bad for the workers there. It's not fair. There was NO marketing for this game, what the hell did the company expect? Bond fans bought it, but there really aren't THAT many diehards. Even one commercial would have worked just fine. All of the resources clearly went to GE, though, and in retrospect it was a terrible idea to release two Bond games on the same day, especially one that was competing against a high profile remake of one of the most beloved shooters ever. Well done Activision, you just cost a good amount of people their jobs.

The bizarre (ho ho) thing is, this is the second time Activision has released a Bond game right before the new installment of Call of Duty, which is of course their biggest game of the year, the game that all the shooter fans are going to want to play, and the game they're putting all their marketing might behind.
Now with QOS it was important to get the game out to coincide with the movie, but why did they do the same release date with Blood stone?

#787 Iroquois

Iroquois

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

Indeed, the timing of it's release was one of the dumbest decisions of the century, especially considering there was no rush. It's a damn shame as this is my favourite Bond game so far.

#788 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:54 AM

The full version of "I'll Take It All":

http://marketto007.t...sao-completa-da

xxx

#789 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:38 AM

Oh lovely; I was hoping there was one. I'll have a listen to that later.

#790 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

xxx

Wow, this is pretty big news, excellent work Marketto, this was interesting.

#791 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

xxx

Wow, this is pretty big news, excellent work Marketto, this was interesting.

FYI, that and the full version of Scherzinger's GoldenEye have been on Youtube for...gosh, pretty much a month?

#792 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:22 PM

xxx

Thanks for this!! OMG
Lyrics?

#793 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:27 AM

I agree about the piss poor marketing campaign. It wasn't exciting at all. Although, I hope Activision will release more Bond games, and learn from this. I was in a shop last week, and I saw a MASSIVE GoldenEye Banner, and what do you know, in small letters, in the bottom right hand side was: Also available. Blood Stone. :rolleyes:

GoldenEye was always going to be cash cow. Surefire seller, but better to milk it for as much as possible than let it sit. Agree it is irksome to see BS getting shafted though.

Full I'll Take It All is nice, but I gotta say I think I prefer the gamecut. May just be because of familiarity at this point. Oh wells.

#794 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:28 AM

Finally worked up the enthusiasm to beat Goldeneye. What a hideous ending, one that pales in comparison to the dramatic conclusion of Blood Stone. I cannot believe this game has been so overlooked and slandered.

#795 Bond_Assassin90

Bond_Assassin90

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:25 AM

It really is a shame.

#796 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:26 AM

Well, I’m still playing the game. I’ve completed all the in-game trophies, 007 mode and all that.

I’ve still got to get the multiplayer trophies, but I’m not really bothered about them.

#797 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:21 AM

Well this really sucks that the company closed. No Promotion of it will do it too. i havent seen one commercial on BS, but i've seen thousands of stupid GE commercial. don't get me wrong i've only watch gameplay of the whole story line on youtube, and it wasn't a bad game ( needed to be on PS3/ Xbox 360.) Tell you the truth i don't think us bond fans will ever get a satisfiyin bond game ever. it will either be a based on movie version on a original one that gets trashed by everyone. I personally think blood stone should be a movie cause it fits perfectly to the storyline. only way we can get a satisfing bond game is if it goes to a different company like the one who made Arkham asylum or Naughty dog. This is another slash against bond that makes me feel like bond is going to get canceled all together. this really sucks...

#798 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:48 AM

xxx

Delicious

#799 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

For anyone who hasn't bought the game yet, the price has been reduced to 35 freaking dollars on Amazon. This is what happens when you fail to advertise your product properly.

#800 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

Lyrics of "I'll take it all"? Anyone??

#801 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

I don't care about GoldenEye
I don't mind that Activision barely tried
I don't care about GoldenEye
I'll Take the Fall
I'll Take the Fall

#802 singleentendre

singleentendre

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

I'm a huge Bond fan, have played almost every Bond game up til this point, and browse video game websites, and I only heard of this game yesterday. Cool marketing job.

#803 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

Stupid question, but is this game only available on the PS3?

#804 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:21 PM

XBox 360 too.

#805 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

I thought Bloodstone was on xbox too - it was just GoldenEye that was restricted to the Wii?

#806 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:30 AM

The bizarre (ho ho) thing is, this is the second time Activision has released a Bond game right before the new installment of Call of Duty, which is of course their biggest game of the year, the game that all the shooter fans are going to want to play, and the game they're putting all their marketing might behind.
Now with QOS it was important to get the game out to coincide with the movie, but why did they do the same release date with Blood stone?

I have no idea. i don't think even if it was released earlier or later it would of done good. Ign has their head stuck up Microsoft butt along with G4 only giving games like call of duty or halo automatic 9/10 and other games that arent like it low grades. I really hope goldeneye can get ported they asked the makers if it was possible they said yes its very possible but howly doubt it will because it just came out for the wii. QoS game well it was surpisingly fun in my opinion it was the first first person game i got and i actually prefered it more the MW2. lets just face it tho us bond fans are screwed on bond games....(maybe even movies too)...

#807 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:39 PM

XBox 360 too.

Thanks for the answer :tup:.

Shame I only have a Wii and an ancient PS2 :rolleyes:

#808 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

XBox 360 too.

Thanks for the answer :tup:.

Shame I only have a Wii and an ancient PS2 :rolleyes:

Ditto; that's why Goldeneye is on my Xmas list :D

#809 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:02 PM

Ditto; that's why Goldeneye is on my Xmas list :D

Good for you!! :D

My brother has the Goldeneye game, I am hoping to borrow it soon, then I can see how crap I am at playing it. ;)

#810 Sharpe

Sharpe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:02 AM

Stupid question, but is this game only available on the PS3?

As said above, it's also on the 360. It's also on the PC.

Edited by Sharpe, 05 December 2010 - 02:03 AM.