#751 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:38 PM

I've really warmed up to this game.

I’m glad to hear that. I find if you let something sit, you get a feel of the vibe. And a feel of the story. You become familiar and comfortable with it, and it doesn’t have that new tint to it anymore. It begins to feel apart of the catalogue. Just like Everything or Nothing joined the equally capable Night Fire.

I had a minor complaint about the villains and their blurred role in the game. But I now feel as if it suits things here quite fine. It builds on the Craig verse idea of “who are the villains?” Are they just a link in the chain, or are they the head honcho? Everyone and anyone can be a villain. Things like that.

#752 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

Bloodstone definitly has replayability factor Plus some of the Achievments are extremly hard like the proffesional killer.

It's overall an awesome bond game and i'm hopping to get another awesome one next year :D

#753 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

I'm concerned that the sales won't be strong enough for Bizarre to get another crack at it. I really hope they do, they definitely deserve it.

#754 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

It did crack the Xbox top 10 sales.

#755 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

This game was a pleasant surprise after the past few mediocre efforts we have had. Very similar to EON which I also enjoyed. It was longer than I expected too which was also nice to see. The reason for Blood Stone as the title was definitely not obvious to me either but tdalton's explanation makes sense. I tried the first level on 007 difficulty & it's doubtful I will spend the time to finish it on this difficulty level. Seems like two shots & I was dead which, after the fourth time, got real old, real fast. :D

#756 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

It did crack the Xbox top 10 sales.

Yeah...at no.10! And that's in Britain. If it isn't selling there, I can't see it cracking the US charts, especially with the Call of Duty and Kinect hype that's going on. I wonder if Goldeneye fared any better.

#757 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:18 AM

Well, if it was released on the 5th across the pond, I think the sales week ends on the 7th. Hopefully next week will be a better indicator of where we're at sales wise. They got the license. They'll make another game.

#758 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:52 AM

Having just attempted the first 4 levels of Goldeneye, I can say with certainty that Blood Stone is superior.

#759 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

Yesterday I've begun to play "Blood Stone" in 007 Difficulty, and all I can say is, two shots, you're dead. Quite fun!

xxx

#760 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

Bloodstone definitly has replayability factor Plus some of the Achievments are extremly hard like the proffesional killer.

It's overall an awesome bond game and i'm hopping to get another awesome one next year :D

Hardly. The achievements are insanly easy. I've only had it a few days and I have 30/50 achievements. I unlocked the Proffesional Killer achievement during the first level. Using a pistol as the only weapon really isn't that hard.

Yes, I enjoyed the game to. I'll be hopping to get the next one, too. Hopping to the store.

#761 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

I picked it up the day it came out just like any other bond fan was excited to pop it in the PS3 however I was so disappointed with it. Single player is good but I feel that alot of manueverability of the character is gone(no jumping, opening doors). The maps are simple like following a straight line with tons of doors you cant open feeling like your just walking in a path the developer set for you. What seperates ok games from good games is the freedom of figuring out the best route or way to do a mission. Nowadays in order for a shooter game to be good, it has to have a passable single player mode and a capable online multiplayer. Quantums online play was amazing, why and how did they mess up the multiplayer so bad with Bloodstone? Why is Call Of Duty so successful? The online play keeps it fresh and relevant years after it came out. No one is still playing the single player, multiplayer keeps it going and allows you to enjoy replaying it. I am deeply disappointed with this game, I feel like im playing an EA Bond game, I thought Activision were going to continue the quality they had with Quantum. I am depressed that now I have to wait for the next bond game because this one was def not worth the 65 bucks I spent on it. I prob wouldnt have paid 30 for it. Im only keeping it because Im a bond fan. Now for the long wait for activion to redeem themselves, maybe I should buy a wii, I hear the goldenye game is better

#762 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

'Twas indeed quite linear. Part of why it feels more like an interactive movie than a game, to me.

#763 Ivo :)

Ivo :)

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

I can't find it in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace...? :confused:

#764 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

Hardly. The achievements are insanly easy. I've only had it a few days and I have 30/50 achievements. I unlocked the Proffesional Killer achievement during the first level. Using a pistol as the only weapon really isn't that hard.

Yes, I enjoyed the game to. I'll be hopping to get the next one, too. Hopping to the story.

I'm having trouble completing 2 of the car challengers (Istanbul and Monaco). Driving insanely is just way too much fun.

#765 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

Most of the single player ones are easy enough, but a lot of the multiplayer ones look pretty tough, especially that 00 Agent Medal.

#766 Iroquois

Iroquois

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

If anyone's interested, when you unlock the P99 in multiplayer it is actually a Walther PPK. So the PPK is indeed usable, just not in single player (at least, I didn't find it.)

#767 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:11 AM

I picked it up the day it came out just like any other bond fan was excited to pop it in the PS3 however I was so disappointed with it. Single player is good but I feel that alot of manueverability of the character is gone(no jumping, opening doors). The maps are simple like following a straight line with tons of doors you cant open feeling like your just walking in a path the developer set for you. What seperates ok games from good games is the freedom of figuring out the best route or way to do a mission. Nowadays in order for a shooter game to be good, it has to have a passable single player mode and a capable online multiplayer. Quantums online play was amazing, why and how did they mess up the multiplayer so bad with Bloodstone? Why is Call Of Duty so successful? The online play keeps it fresh and relevant years after it came out. No one is still playing the single player, multiplayer keeps it going and allows you to enjoy replaying it. I am deeply disappointed with this game, I feel like im playing an EA Bond game, I thought Activision were going to continue the quality they had with Quantum. I am depressed that now I have to wait for the next bond game because this one was def not worth the 65 bucks I spent on it. I prob wouldnt have paid 30 for it. Im only keeping it because Im a bond fan. Now for the long wait for activion to redeem themselves, maybe I should buy a wii, I hear the goldenye game is better

Yes with a game like COD coming out this week, I don't understand why Bond games won't just take what works and put it in their game. People play campaign maybe once and then they plan online with there friends for the whole year. I tried the Blood Stone Multiplayer and hated it immediately. When you see the time and care in these other games it makes you wonder what they are even doing in there market and research department.
COD has a multiplayer mode where you zombies continue to attack you. You can't win. You just see how many rounds you can get to. Wouldn't this be something if you were just with the MI6 team and bunkered down and say, SPECTRE agents or even Baron Samedi's Voo Doo following continue to attack you. At least you have replay value. I like Blood Stone as a Bond story but I don't see why I would want to replay any of the levels any more.

#768 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:22 AM

Did anyone else have to look twice at those G07 energy drink adverts?

#769 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Yes I was thinking we'd have to shoot the "G" or something when I first saw it.

#770 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

Yes with a game like COD coming out this week, I don't understand why Bond games won't just take what works and put it in their game. People play campaign maybe once and then they plan online with there friends for the whole year. I tried the Blood Stone Multiplayer and hated it immediately. When you see the time and care in these other games it makes you wonder what they are even doing in there market and research department.
COD has a multiplayer mode where you zombies continue to attack you. You can't win. You just see how many rounds you can get to. Wouldn't this be something if you were just with the MI6 team and bunkered down and say, SPECTRE agents or even Baron Samedi's Voo Doo following continue to attack you. At least you have replay value. I like Blood Stone as a Bond story but I don't see why I would want to replay any of the levels any more.

QOS game was exactly that approach. COD engine and all. The "COD Bond." And yet it's not exactly revered.

Personally, I feel Bond games have tried so hard to emulate the Bond "experience" in recent years that they literally lead the gamer through the whole thing and, in the process, nullify any aspect that might be relatively challenging. They'd rather focus on highlight moments of "look at how this guy falls over the edge when the barrel explodes - Bondian??" instead of implementing intelligent level design that would challenge the gamer about how to proceed or fight. Blood Stone took minor steps in the right direction, but wasn't the home run I was hoping it would be.

#771 Ivo :)

Ivo :)

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

Seems like most of you already have it. :)
I've read a few reviews, and it seems a lot of people aren't happy with the multiplayer. What do you think, is it good?

Thanks! :D

#772 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:10 PM

Seems like most of you already have it. :)
I've read a few reviews, and it seems a lot of people aren't happy with the multiplayer. What do you think, is it good?

Thanks! :D

At first, I found it quite bland, and I think there are only three locations - the refinery, the construction site and inside the catacombs, spread across 6 maps, so it can feel a bit samey pretty quickly, but as I got into it, I quite enjoyed it. You become Bond or Rak, depending on which team you're on, if you have the most points - I think it's based on the first person to get the most and then get killed, or maybe first person to get more than one kill and then die (?) as you have to respawn to see if you've become the commander.

It was quite nice simple fun while I waited til Black Ops :D I'd still be playing it now if that game hadn't come out, still need four more online achievements but they will take quite a while.

#773 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Was anybody else kind of confused and annoyed when exiting the catacombs, when Bond opens fire on Bernin's men as they enter that Humvee, endangering all of those civilians? That doesn't really seem like a rational maneuver. Couple that with the convenient placement of the DB5 and we have a very confusing moment in the game. I honestly think Istanbul is the low point in the game (even though it ends very well).

#774 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

Man, this game is bombing hard. It barely reached the top 20 best-selling games list in my native Norway, at a piss-poor 19th place in its first week (to compare, Red Dead Redemption is at place number six in its 25th week!). I am crushingly dissapointed by this lack of interest, and really, really, really hope it doesn't mean we won't get more Bond games in the near future.

I myself will not buy it, as I am broke and 101 percent sure I will get it for Christmas (I always get the new Bond game for Christmas).

#775 Iroquois

Iroquois

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

It's #7 on the charts here in the UK, and I swear it was #4 on it's first week on the 360, so I had no idea it was doing so badly. But its release was poorly timed, the same day as Goldeneye and the same month as Black Ops and other big games. Not to mention an awful marketing campaign and such a boring, lazy, bland cover artwork that makes the game look like a cheap cash-in despite how good it is.

#776 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

It's #7 on the charts here in the UK, and I swear it was #4 on it's first week on the 360, so I had no idea it was doing so badly. But its release was poorly timed, the same day as Goldeneye and the same month as Black Ops and other big games. Not to mention an awful marketing campaign and such a boring, lazy, bland cover artwork that makes the game look like a cheap cash-in despite how good it is.

I haven't been paying attention to the marketing campaign -- maybe because there isn't much marketing in the first place, I don't know. I think the game looks great, but I am a die hard Bond nut.

And my friends can't stop talking about Black Ops, so I guess that's indeed what everyone's busy with this month.

But really, I think if somebody will put the time and effort into creating a fantastic Bond game like Everything or Nothing again, people will go out and buy it in droves.

#777 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

Yeah, bombed hard. No more 3rd person Daniel Craig shooter/drivers, methinks.

#778 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

I agree about the piss poor marketing campaign. It wasn't exciting at all. Although, I hope Activision will release more Bond games, and learn from this. I was in a shop last week, and I saw a MASSIVE GoldenEye Banner, and what do you know, in small letters, in the bottom right hand side was: Also available. Blood Stone. :rolleyes:

#779 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

Yeah, bombed hard. No more 3rd person Daniel Craig shooter/drivers, methinks.

Yeah, it'll be hard to justify after this. The game is good, and they put effort into it. But it all means nothing when the marketing is nonexistent. I think it would've been different if they had one game coming out, instead of two. They clearly threw all their weight behind GoldenEye. And let Blood Stone hang out to dry, which was the real future of Bond gaming, not some one-off remake. How infuriating.

#780 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:09 PM

Blood Stone was only ever intended to give the hardcores a 'Bond hit' in the absence of a film. Game itself was nothing special, I'm just saddened to see such focus on detail and production value go to waste.