Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:12 AM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
Region 4 EzyDVD listing for Daniel Craig's second 007 film; due for release on 28 July 2010

According to EzyDVD:

http://www.ezydvd.co...item.zml/813362

About time. Deleted scenes please. B)

#2 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:29 AM

I'd get excited if there was, y'know, any information whatsoever available about it.

#3 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:47 AM

I'd get excited if there was, y'know, any information whatsoever available about it.

I'm hoping it won't just be a rehash on the R1 release.

#4 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:39 AM

Interesting, but it looks to be one in a line of Fox releases under the "Definitive Edition" banner.

What's likely, I think, is that it'll just include the features that were on the Blu-ray edition - we never got a two-disc DVD release here in Australia. Given there's no listing for a "Definitive Edition" Blu-ray, I gather this is what we're in line for.

#5 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

Let's hope it is a proper "definitive edition". What with Bond 23 put on hold we Bond fans deserve this at least round about now.

#6 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

Not to rain on various parades and expectations, but wouldn't something with deleted scenes et al be better advertised around the globe as a more widely released event? Not just Australia.

Not that Australia doesn't deserve the highest of all attentions, but really...

Erm.

#7 jamie00007

jamie00007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:55 AM

Australia for some reason gets a lot of releases the rest of the world doesnt especially Blu Rays (which explains the popularity of Ezydvd outside the country), but generally not big collectors editions. I'd guess this is just the existing two disk set which was not originally released here, we just got the barebones version.

#8 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

So is this only a Region 4 release?

#9 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

So is this only a Region 4 release?

That "other" James Bond website has an article that would indicate is worldwise, releasing July 28, 2010.

#10 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, saw that. But there's nothing there that isn't from the same link Melancholy posted here. No mention of territories. No source. Vague and slippery as always.

Seems highly unlikely this is a worldwide release. It would be on Amazon by now or one of the other sites, like DVD Active, would certainly have had something on this long ago. Isn't like this is a minor title.

But I would love it if it were worldwide.

#11 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

I'm assuming its just an R4 release for now.

Mind you, these sort of postings, even on ezyDVD, disappear into thin air sometimes.

#12 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

Not unlike Amazon listings sometimes. We know the QOS DVD special was planned, but appears to have been postponed (maybe because of the MGM situation). This listing could be a remnant of that now postponed disc. I'm also just suspicious of a July 28 worldwide release date. That's a strange time to release something like this. These are usually held back for the Christmas season.

#13 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

Interesting, but it looks to be one in a line of Fox releases under the "Definitive Edition" banner.

What's likely, I think, is that it'll just include the features that were on the Blu-ray edition - we never got a two-disc DVD release here in Australia. Given there's no listing for a "Definitive Edition" Blu-ray, I gather this is what we're in line for.

There are also a series of limited edition DVD releases scheduled for this year to celebrate 75 years of 20th Century Fox, including, oddly, Dr. No. Looks like just the single-disc Ultimate Edition release. Here's the listing.

#14 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:51 AM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
Region 4 EzyDVD listing for Daniel Craig's second 007 film; due for release on 28 July 2010

#15 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

Again, I'm cautioning fans not to get too excited about this. It's incredibly likely it's just the original two-disc set that was never released in Australia last year. It's one of a number of DVDs being released under Fox's "Definitive Edition" banner, all of which feature lenticular packaging.

#16 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:16 AM

I guess so. Doesn´t seem believable to release a real definitive edition right now when it doesn´t tie in to the next film.

Or is it a swan song - since the next film is up in the air?

#17 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

Or, in terms of the aborted(?) world wide Definitive Edition, is it a question of who funds the costs of these re-releases?

If in this case MGM, there's your answer.

#18 captnash2

captnash2

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

dvd only? where the blu ray UE?

#19 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

Again, I'm cautioning fans not to get too excited about this. It's incredibly likely it's just the original two-disc set that was never released in Australia last year. It's one of a number of DVDs being released under Fox's "Definitive Edition" banner, all of which feature lenticular packaging.

I think you might be right [dark], as much as I hate to admit it. I guess we can just hope, and wait and see anyway...

#20 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:21 AM

Indeed. I wouldn't have any high hopes for this release.

#21 the doctor

the doctor

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 08:30 AM

I'd say it's almost certain this will be a re-hash of the previous 2 Disc Edition. Fox have done it repeatedly in Aus. Eg. with Alien vs. Predator, Die Hard 4.0 and others. It's a constant habit of theirs with R4 DVD's.

#22 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

I'd say it's almost certain this will be a re-hash of the previous 2 Disc Edition. Fox have done it repeatedly in Aus. Eg. with Alien vs. Predator, Die Hard 4.0 and others. It's a constant habit of theirs with R4 DVD's.

Interesting.

I know work has been completed for a SE of Quantum of Solace. Perhaps this version will be issued with the other 9 Bond films on blu ray when Bond 23 is released in 2014? (1989-1995 or now 2008-2014?)

: )

#23 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:34 PM

i also doubt this will be an actual definitive edition. several dvd and bluray sites are posting this as news on their sites but it does not seem like any of them have actually contacted mgm or fox or whoever would be distributing it. they all just reference a james bond fan site as their source and say that it is credible.

#24 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:16 AM

Here's early artwork for the set; it's in line with the other Fox "Definitive Edition" releases (see Predator 2, for instance).

Again, this is almost certainly just the original two-disc release of Quantum of Solace that was released elsewhere in the world (but not in Australia) last year.

#25 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

Here's early artwork for the set; it's in line with the other Fox "Definitive Edition" releases (see Predator 2, for instance).

Again, this is almost certainly just the original two-disc release of Quantum of Solace that was released elsewhere in the world (but not in Australia) last year.

Hmm, even if this is the case, I'll probably still pick it up, as it sounds like there was some good special features on that original R1 2 disc release, and I like QoS.

Even if I'll no doubt be buying the inevitable 3 Disc Collectors Edition B)

#26 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

If Aus gets as the Definitive Edition what was otherwise called the Special Edition throughout the rest of the world, and bearing in mind the definition of Definitive means there is no further room for 'exhileratives' and 'superlatives', does that mean Aus will just not ever get the up and coming and thoroughly anticipated world release Definitive Edition?

An interesting thought.

Is there a DVD release equivalent term for something yet still more erm, definitive than predecessors' nomenclatured SE, UE and DE?

Maybe they will go Credit Card coloured and offer the Black Edition. Where else can they go?

#27 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

I'm not overly mad on the cover art.

#28 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:31 PM

Artwork not good.
Isn't that the "Deluxe Edition" by any chance, right?

#29 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:20 AM

Artwork not good.

Seconded. We can only hope that that cover is "subject to change."

#30 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:22 AM

Informative post. Thank you!

I guess we will find out in July for sure.