257 replies to this topic

#61 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

What does the future hold for someone like a Daniel Radcliffe? Will he live off the trust fund or has he been so cast to type that he'll have to wait a decade to do stuff...or does he genuinely have a future in other or similar genres?

#62 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

As much as I enjoy the books and the films ( the first 2 are bearable but better than any of the SW prequels, The 3rd & 4th are the best) yes it is a shameless way to make more money, Warner saw the end of their franchise and then conveniently after editing loads of content (some quite controversially for some fans) they hit on the idea of using the fact they have to include all the facts to make it into 2 movies.

As much as I like most of the HP movies, I feel that the SW Prequels are much better than any of them. Including PRISONER OF AZKABAN.

#63 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

What does the future hold for someone like a Daniel Radcliffe? Will he live off the trust fund or has he been so cast to type that he'll have to wait a decade to do stuff...or does he genuinely have a future in other or similar genres?

Anyone?

#64 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

The trust fund if we're lucky. But he seems to have done OK so far getting other roles.

#65 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

I've came across a very nice Interview with Director David Yates, on Deathly Hallows...

CS: How has that been working out? For the seventh movie, are you literally shooting scenes for both halves at the same time or are you shooting one then shooting the other before doing editing on the first?
Yates: We're trying to finish one and start the other, but simply because of availability of actors, we're having to shoot a little bit of Part 2 while we're doing Part 1. I would say we shot about 10% of Part 2 and about 85% of Part 1, so there's a wee bit of checkerboarding but not much, and it's going brilliantly. We've been shooting for five months. We finish shooting next spring, and it's quite a long shoot for both movies, but it feels great. It's looking very different to what we've done before and it feels very contemporary and quite edgy, certainly Part 1, and Part 2 I just want it to be epic. I've never made a film ever that's like Part 2. It's much more of a ride in a sense. It's got huge set pieces and that's what I'm really excited to do.

CS: And these are all new sets and locations? Because the first six movies have all been at the same Hogwarts sets just redecorated and dressed differently.
Yates: Yeah, yeah, and this time we're out on the road and then we come back to Hogwarts, but the difference is we trash it. We blow it up. It turns into Stalingrad, which will be really haunting.

Full interview can be found here.

#66 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

Anyone?

I think we might see him specialize in theater more and stay off the big screen.

The trust fund if we're lucky. But he seems to have done OK so far getting other roles.

B)

#67 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

Radcliffe in theatre? I thought that industry 'insiders' like our dear Zorin don't think too highly of him...

#68 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

Rotten Tomatoes found an interview with David Heyman about HBP AND DH Parts I and II. So don't read it if you don't want to have the movie spoiled......

http://www.collider....eathly-hallows/

What I found interesting was that he says that an ultimate collector's edition is on the way....B) I would totally buy it! :tdown:

#69 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

Interview with David Heyman about DH:

http://www.collider....eathly-hallows/

#70 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

Radcliffe in theatre? I thought that industry 'insiders' like our dear Zorin don't think too highly of him...

Well my friend saw him in Equus and he wasn't too thrilled but not much to go on.

I think by his looks, voice and overall demeanour, how many roles could he be offered? Typecasting here we come. Theater would provide more chance for variation I think if he's up to it.

#71 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

Thunderpants? I'll get right on it... :tdown:

B)

No, there was one that he did with Julie Walters around the time of Goblet of Fire; I think it was called Driving Lessons, or something? :tdown:

Also, Hark, it might be interesting to see Grint in a role like Dog, the sadistic gangster from Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels; what say you?

#72 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:52 PM

Ha ha...remember when a bitter Pierce Brosnan was speculating who they would replace him with back in late '04 early '05 and he half-jokingly replied "Daniel Radcliffe", given they were going "younger"? B)

#73 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

Helena Bonham Carter is the best thing about these films. She shines as a sadistic, cackling pyschopath.

#74 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:19 PM

Helena Bonham Carter is the best thing about these films. She shines as a sadistic, cackling pyschopath.

You know something Qwerty, I love her, too.

Anyone else think that she looks like a demonic Eva Green? B)

#75 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

Quick question:
Spoiler

#76 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

Ha ha...remember when a bitter Pierce Brosnan was speculating who they would replace him with back in late '04 early '05 and he half-jokingly replied "Daniel Radcliffe", given they were going "younger"? B)

Yes and look how that turned out.. :tdown:
Posted Image

#77 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

Quick question:

Spoiler

I think that he was supposed to severely injure Bill at the end of The Half Blood Prince, but it was either cut out or unfilmed.

#78 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

Spoiler

#79 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

Spoiler

Erm... magic?

#80 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:34 PM

Spoiler

Perhaps it happens OS?

#81 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

I highly doubt it, I've seen set pictures of Radcliffe, Grint and Watson running away from the wedding.

#82 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:40 PM

Spoiler

Perhaps it happens OS?

I'd hate to think that; it's a nice scene in the book (being the last bright spot before everything goes to hell), as well as the pivotal lead-in to most of the book's plot threads.

#83 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:36 PM

Oh wow, just found this on youtube...

BRILLIANT!

#84 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:33 PM

BRILLIANT!

Ever the stereotypical Brit, eh, Matt? B)

#85 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

It's a decent retrospective, but it's primary effect on me is just to remind me how dull and uninteresting the first two installments were in comparison to the rest of 'em. For me, this franchise starts with PRISONER OF AZKABAN.

#86 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

I can see what you mean.

Chris Columbus really did seem to go very light with the first 2. It's interesting to see how PRISONER OF AZKABAN is in comparison.

#87 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

It's a decent retrospective, but it's primary effect on me is just to remind me how dull and uninteresting the first two installments were in comparison to the rest of 'em. For me, this franchise starts with PRISONER OF AZKABAN.

See, I feel the opposite way. I liked SS, and I LOVED CoS! PoA was kind of the stand in Harry Potter movie. Then, from GoF on, the films went bigger and better.

#88 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:02 AM

Ah yes, this is exactly what CBN was missing...ANOTHER thread about Harry Potter B)

#89 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:12 AM

I've sent a PM to Mr *, asking this to be merged with The Deathy Hallows thread, keeping the title and first post from it. I haven't had a reply as of yet, but I assume he's very busy.

#90 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:44 AM

Ah yes, this is exactly what CBN was missing...ANOTHER thread about Harry Potter B)

Yes. Considerably.

I suppose with a kazillion Potter fans out there, leakage into the premier Bond forums was going to be inevitable.

I know George Lucas loves to milk the cow, but at least he was able to provide us his Dark Lord operetta within three installments totaling no more than 8 hours done over 8 years.

Here we get eight installments over, probably, 21 hours and squished into 10 years or so! Lovely!

...and people wonder why there are problems with quality control with these Warners pics.