This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Anyone else Suprised by the lack of title rumours?

34 replies to this topic

#31 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:18 AM

If he can keep his "action man physique", I won't mind Craig growing older in the role. That's the mistake Connery, Moore and Brosnan did in their final outings, they looked slightly out of shape more than they looked old (well, maybe not Roger in AVTAK, but you get the point). As long as Daniel is enthusiastic about playing the part, he should stay onboard for many years, IMO.

#32 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

i want craig to do more then brosnan I really think he is the best bond thus far B)

#33 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

"THE DEVIL IN THE DETAIL" is the only one doing the rumour rounds I would like to see.

#34 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

With 3 year gaps coupled with Craig's ever growing demand I doubt he'll make more films than Brosnan. I actually see Craig doing a total of 4 like Brosnan and maybe a possible fifth but really depends on Craig. Remember, Craig has put his body through more torture for these movies moreson than any other actor to play Bond and it eventually becomes tedious. Also, Craig isn't worried about leaving some sort of legacy ala Brosnan. If Craig were to be recast tomorrow, he wouldn't dwell on it. As it is, as fans of Craig, we're extremely lucky to hae him. The producers know this and it's up to them to utilise his talents as often as possible before Craig eventually gets bored.

#35 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

Good points by all here. I like the notion of using a chapter title. I'll dig around a bit and post a few personal favorites when I get a chance.

I miss the days when the next title would be announced at the end.

Of course that changed a few times and then just became "James Bond will return" but it was always fun to speculate once you had a promised title. Of the many screenings I saw of TSWLM in '77 I recall talking with friends and all of us wondering what FYEO was going to be like. B)

Ahhh, youth and the good old days.

*debates grabbing TSWLM DVD*

More coffee first.