53 replies to this topic

#31 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

I think I actually first mentioned Freida Pinto as a possibility for a future Bond movie in the Bond girls thread. Just a personal idea, not based in fact. Maybe somebody at the Sun is reading this forum ... B)
Anyway, just saw Slumdog today, and I think she's a stunner, but at this stage any rumors about Bond 23 actors are probably just tabloid fillers.
Pinto is already listed for the next Woody Allen film.

#32 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

Let's stick to European girls. Please.

For why, HildebrandRarity? For why?

#33 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

Actually, she isn't pretty. Period.

Well, each to their own - personally I think she's gorgeous.

Seconded.

I'm all for an Indian actress as the Bond girl in the next film. Actually, I'm even all for Indian as the main location!

#34 Hitmonk

Hitmonk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

Outsource the Bond Girl, huh? B)

Not so much outsourcing, more product placement I'd say. Ford, for instance, have a big factory here and are making major inroads into the Indian market, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind the opportunity to reach a few more Indian's via a Bond movie with a local co-star.

Or maybe I'm just getting too old and cynical these days!

As Dog Bond mentions, she’s all over the place at the moment. In the bookstore this afternoon I noticed that she’s on the cover of Vogue, Cosmo and Maxim, plus a few others. She’s not a bad actress & looks good (at least to my eye) – seems to have a lot going for her. Having said all this, its still a bit early for all this to be starting, and I’m sure there’s a lot of water yet to flow under this particular bridge…

#35 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

She isn't pretty enough.

My thoughts exactly! Get me a European girl, please!

#36 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

She isn't pretty enough.

Why stick to Euro girls?
And F. Pinto is gorgeous!

#37 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

http://ibnlive.in.co...to/87703-8.html

Slumdog's leading lady, Frieda Pinto has a lot going for her- but she may not be the next Bond Girl. Heres the new IT girl chatting exclusively with our Chief Entertainment Correspondent , Rohit Khilnani.

CNN-IBN: The best part about this stardom is that you might have not even signed the film and rumours start pouring in, there was news before you came back that you have signed a Woody Allen film?

Freida Pinto: That is true. Obiviously, I spoke about it while in US.

CNN-IBN:
You are the next bond girl they say?

Freida Pinto: Should I continue his rumour. This is obviously not true. Its funny how such things come up, one day I would want to write up a book on rumours.

#38 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

well duh we all knew the Frieda rumour was fake.

Next one. B)

#39 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:02 AM

Next one. :tdown:

Oh well DUH me for posting, what an idiot (slaps forehead) that I thought people would be interested! DUH really for the rumour to be posted originally then. B)

#40 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:37 AM

chill sorry i didn't mean anything by the duh comment sorry Dan Hope i didn't offened you

#41 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:19 AM

chill sorry i didn't mean anything by the duh comment sorry Dan Hope i didn't offened you

NP. B)
Always on the defensive on CbN, sorry.

#42 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

Thank God! It wasn't true!

#43 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

I am still to understand this "stick to euro girls" frenesy, though...

#44 ElFenomeno

ElFenomeno

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

euro girls are hotter and have more style .

#45 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

euro girls are hotter and have more style .

Erm... We clearly don't know the same girls, but... good for you! B)

#46 eddychaput

eddychaput

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

Next one. B)

It might be fake but it's good to see how 'regionally-bigoted' some fans can be. There's no place for that with a spy who's marketed worldwide.

How is that a good thing?

#47 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

Well, now wait a minute, Dog. Now, suppose I were to suggest a Bond adventure in Africa with only African actors and actresses (excluding, of course, DC, Judi, and maybe Q if they ever bring him or her back). Would that make me closed minded?

#48 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

While i'm unsure of THR's comments about european women I also like seeing how these rumours play out. I also tend to look at rumours with an open mind I want to use 2 examples of rumours that probably won't ever be true but i enjoyed reading the forums abnout them

In mid 2007 there was rumour that the Olsen Twins were up for the role of bond girls. Most here hated that rumour but honestly i loved reading the responses and had i been on the board at that time my respons would of been this

" Honeslty If the casting director sees something in them who are we to say no sure they saw something in Halle Berry But they also looked beyond the Adrian Paul/Dougary Scott/ Clive Owen fans and gave us Daniel Craig. Personally if they put on a lil weight and got some serious acting lessons I could see them as bond girls easily different then what we are used to sure but not bad"

And
In late 2008 007 in new york was being touted by some on imdb as a possible title for bond 23 I have commented on this but I'll say it again now
"Personnaly I dislike the title. However if it is ever used I won't bash it but personaly i'll be interested to see if they can actually pull off the title."

Rumour that are totally untrue are sometimes funer to debate then what we know to be true. There isn't a thread about "dench is going to be M in bond 23" yet there is one on Boyle and what direction would he take the franchise. I'm hoping for a lot rumours in the upcoming days weeks and months for the bond franchise because they are just plain fun.

#49 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

I quite like Freida but I think an older woman is needed.
The whole Gemma thing was a bit unsettling. He looked way too old for her in QoS.
He needs an older woman to balance that out.

#50 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:55 PM

I quite like Freida but I think an older woman is needed.
The whole Gemma thing was a bit unsettling. He looked way too old for her in QoS.
He needs an older woman to balance that out.

Absolutely agree (apart from the bit about liking Freida) B)

#51 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

Well, now wait a minute, Dog. Now, suppose I were to suggest a Bond adventure in Africa with only African actors and actresses (excluding, of course, DC, Judi, and maybe Q if they ever bring him or her back). Would that make me closed minded?

That's not on par with wanting only Euro-actresses no matter where the story takes place. There are those with an immediate bias as soon as there's any talk of girls who look like Frieda. Bond is an equal-opportunity shagger, bless him.

:tdown: B)
I like that....but visually there has to be a some respect for the age difference concern. The whole Gemma thing was creepy.

#52 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:19 PM

:tdown: B)
I like that....but visually there has to be a some respect for the age difference concern. The whole Gemma thing was creepy.

:tdown:

I would like an older woman, indeed, but I wouldn't go as far as calling the thing with agent Fields "creepy". He's older, yes, but he's hot, so there was no visual problem for me.

#53 Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

Creepy? Dan and Gemma? Nah. Twenty year age difference? If as much as that?

Sean and Catherine Zeta - now, that did verge on creepy.

#54 kneelbeforezod

kneelbeforezod

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1131 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

That's not on par with wanting only Euro-actresses no matter where the story takes place. There are those with an immediate bias as soon as there's any talk of girls who look like Frieda.

Quite. Some people might put it slightly more strongly. They might say that if you say things like "she's not pretty, period", and that she's "tabloid fodder" (having starred in the winner of the Best Picture Oscar) and "stick to European girls", then you run the risk of coming across like an ignorant bigot.