38 replies to this topic

#31 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

Best Thriller and Best Actor should be in the bag.

B)

I completely disagree. Infact, I'd say without a doubt that those were it's least likely wins.

Sadly, I agree.

You were saying?

How many times do we have to deny the fact that Quantum is one of the most successful Bond movies in our collective memory and it's one of the best Bond movies ever.

No Country For Old Men? I haven't even seen that movie and I have zero desire to see it.

#32 bond 16.05.72

bond 16.05.72

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:59 PM

Well done to QOS but No Country was easily superior, infact Gone Baby Gone was as good if not better.

I know some of you have embraced it but after my third watch I clearly see something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

I'm going to have to do a revised review of it as well because my 4 star review let it off the hook far too much, whereas CR just got better this didn't!

#33 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

No Country For Old Men? I haven't even seen that movie and I have zero desire to see it.

I've seen it. Very disturbing, and so I can't exactly say that I "enjoyed" it. But it's an amazing film, and I'm surprised that "Quantum" won over it (and this is coming from someone who loves "Quantum of Solace").

#34 CaptainPower

CaptainPower

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

Best Thriller and Best Actor should be in the bag.

B)

I completely disagree. Infact, I'd say without a doubt that those were it's least likely wins.

Sadly, I agree.

You were saying?

How many times do we have to deny the fact that Quantum is one of the most successful Bond movies in our collective memory and it's one of the best Bond movies ever.

My feelings remain the same. The only thing that's changed is that my face has now permanently formed this emoticon and it wont budge: :tdown:

Successful or not, I can and will deny that second fact for a little longer.

#35 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:23 PM

I actually agree with Quantum of Solace winning the award over No Country for Old Men. For me, QoS is a much better film (No Country For Old Men is probably the Best Picture award winner that I like the least, at least out of those that I've seen). The only film on that list of nominees that I would make a case for winning over QoS would be Gone Baby Gone, which I thought was one of the best films I've seen in a while. That one probably would have gotten my vote, with QoS coming in a close second.

#36 specialeyes

specialeyes

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:56 AM

I think Olga comes across as much more serious and conservative than you might expect, but she's stunning and very nice. And Gemma is just brilliant. Check out these interviews:

Gemma:

Olga:

#37 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image
Olga Kurylenko and Gemma Arterton on the red carpet

#38 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:09 AM

Was Bale even at the awards?

there was his video message from Los Angeles.

Apparently the lighting at the Empire awards didn't meet with his approval.

How f#$%*$@@! dare you!!! Are you a f$#%#% professional?!! No, answer me! Are you a f*&@$%% professional? You and I are finished, man! Finished!!!!

Now, where's my latte?

#39 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

Was Bale even at the awards?

there was his video message from Los Angeles.

Apparently the lighting at the Empire awards didn't meet with his approval.

How f#$%*$@@! dare you!!! Are you a f$#%#% professional?!! No, answer me! Are you a f*&@$%% professional? You and I are finished, man! Finished!!!!

Now, where's my latte?

LOL! B)