30 replies to this topic

#31 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:35 PM

My favourite Bond film is Thunderball but I don't think it's the best one. Craig is now number one Bond. Quantum Of Solace, I feel, is the best. Connery in Thunderball is the best Bond 'performance' in a single movie to date but with the possibility that Craig bests that very soon in Bond 23 when he's cast as "the finished article" throughout. Having said that, I think Craig in QOS gives the best performance playing a character called James Bond who isn't the fully finished article yet trough an entire film. In addition I caveat Connery's Thunderball performance by saying he is no longer number one overall because I don't think he hits the ground running in Dr No and by Diamonds Are Forever he's fat, bloated, greying and disinterested showing only flashes of brilliance.

Those are my thoughts.

Happy?

As per a beef with you, Dodge...I don't have one.

And I never bothered to fill out my, er, 'dossier' because I, well, never bothered to fill it out. Is there something you can take away from that about me?

What 'good deal' does that say about me? Um, let's see...That i'm lazy...or couldn't :(ing care...or possibly that I didnt think it important to fill out the 'dossier'?

I wouldn't read too much into things that even I myself don't give a :) about.

Nice try, but no cigar. You faulted me on my own dossier because you disapproved of my choices--and ridiculed two choices outright. Clearly, you place stock in member dossiers...or only in mine. (Twice now you've digressed on highly particular threads to call me out on my views on other Bond films. I've listed my views on the relevant threads: OHMSS, DAF, GE, TND...come to think of it, nearly every Bond film to date.)

I submit you never filled out the dossier because you yourself feared being put down or mocked.

But now that you've shared your tastes, thank you. Your choices precisely what KI'd expect of you: thoroughly conventional and absolutely safe. If that works for you, okay. But allow the few of us the right to contrary opinions. Wow, an entire post here without setting off the Censored button.