41 replies to this topic

#31 SolidWaffle

SolidWaffle

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

Uh... I'm pretty sure that's referring to his project, or maybe he just means "nothing set in stone"... That's not conclusive at all.

I think he should do a bit of cold and warm. The ending of Quantum of Solace felt cold certainly.

#32 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

He tells Collider, "No ing way. I'm done with that story. I want to lie on a beach for the first half an hour of the next movie drinking a cocktail.

(yes I thought that too but maybe this paragraph gives it legs as i think Bond 23 will be filmed in hot climates..Australia, India, Africa)

Edited by danslittlefinger, 08 December 2008 - 09:18 PM.

#33 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:18 AM

Dubrovnik, Croatia, has always been one of my favorite cities in the world.
It's Mediterranean, so it's hot, there are walls all around where you can walk on, there are islands, steep narrow streets, high mountains, an old harbor, city gates, in other words, ideal terrain for chases of all sorts.

Back on topic: yes, I prefer Bond in sunny climes, but I wouldn't mind them going off type and doing something in filthy weather, like drizzle, fog, melting snow. Those could be exciting elements for a chase, whether on foot or by car.

#34 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

cold

I wouldn't mind seeing Daniel do a bit of skiing but honestly I'd really like a good cold-weather car chase or an ice climbing sequence.

#35 Eurospy

Eurospy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:52 PM

cold

I wouldn't mind seeing Daniel do a bit of skiing but honestly I'd really like a good cold-weather car chase or an ice climbing sequence.

Considering that the excellent ice-climbing sequence from feirnstein's early draft for TND has not been used yet, I suspect that your wich will soon come true on either Bond 23 or Bond 24.

I'd bet that 23 will have at least one bit on a cold location, since the last two were in parts on warm/hot climates.

#36 mister-white

mister-white

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:30 PM

Well, for a while I've been wanting Australia. But that would make three films in a row with hot climates. But, if you think about it, all 4 Brosnan films had some snow in it, GoldenEye had Russia, TND in the PTS wherever that was, TWINE had the beautifully photographed ski sequence, and DAD had all that stuff in Iceland. But, none of the Craig have had any snow from what I recall (unless you could that opening shot of CR, but I think that was just cold not snow).

But, if snow is what you want, then I would like the next one to play off that hint dropped at the end of QoS about Canada. Maybe setting part of the film in Whistler (which is like a 2 hour drive from here) or something.

#37 Eurospy

Eurospy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

I'd love to see a Bond movie set in Australia (Sydney Opera House, Gold Coast, the possibility of having another "water-Bond").

And the many Australian fans would certain rejoice. I heard someone say once that there'd have to be a strong reason for Bond to go Down Under, but quite frankly one of the marvellous things about this character is that sometimes the locations can be inter-changeable, while still maintaing the plot's natural flow.

In fact, a Thunderball-style, tailored for Craig-Bond, set mainly in Australia seems like a quite perfect fit. This way we would still have a warm locale setting, but explored in many different ways and for most of the plot.

#38 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:44 PM

I think we are in the new "Connery" era with having less or even no cold :(

I say with Craig ofcourse:

23: Hot-S.Africa,Japan
24: Cold and hot-Canada,Dubai,New Zealand (for the Garden of Death)
25: Hot (Spain,US,Austrilia)

#39 Eddie Burns

Eddie Burns

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:37 AM

I'd love the snow...

But Bond in the jungle filled with snakes and whatnot would be great. Sort of a thrilleresque take on Octopussy or LALD.

#40 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:27 PM

I think that North Italy is the perfect location for Bond 23! It has a strong Alpine taste and can easily convert into a hot location!

#41 Thunderball302

Thunderball302

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:57 AM

A well executed ski chase would be most welcome.

An inventive, fresh approach to mountain/snow/ice based action would be even more welcome. In my wildest dreams this would involve substantial filming in the arctic or antartica.

the arctic or antartica would be my pick!

#42 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:06 AM

A well executed ski chase would be most welcome.

An inventive, fresh approach to mountain/snow/ice based action would be even more welcome. In my wildest dreams this would involve substantial filming in the arctic or antartica.

the arctic or antartica would be my pick!

Enough ski chases. They should try an inventive mountain climbing sequence.

And the Far East would be a nice change perhaps Cambodia, Indonesia or Borneo. Maybe throw in a komodo dragon as well.