237 replies to this topic

#91 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

Ivan directed the previous Ghostbusters films, so unless they're planning to turn Ghostbusters III into oscar "calibre" fare where Slimer gets pregnant and debates the merits of Herschell Gordon Lewis film, or learns to finally connect with his emotions when he meets a free spirited female ghost I see no particular reason to wish his son were attached instead.

I've come to realise I don't particularly care about Ghostbusters III whatever they do with it, although I will certainly see it if it gets made.

Speaking of H. Lewises...

I wonder who get to sing the title song this time around.

Huey Lewis, maybe? B)

Of course, some say that I Want a New Drug was itself derivative of Pop Muzik by the delightfully named M, and feel it was a bit rich of Huey to bellyache about his rip-off being ripped-off. I Want a New Drug is clearly the "best" of the three, mind you.

#92 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:14 AM

Reason?

Because Ivan Reitman is an unremarkable hack. When I thought Jason Reitman would be directing, suddenly this project seemed a great deal more interesting (what would Reitman want with GHOSTBUSTERS III?).

And there I was pulling for Michael Haneke to get the Ghostbusters 3 gig.

#93 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

I´m a bit scared by GHOSTBUSTERS III, although Reitman directing it is a good thing. Not that I think he´s a fantastic director. However, he created the franchise. Unity of vision - that´s the key.

But I´m scared because the original crew is supposedly only having a supporting role while young Ghostbusters are being groomed and take over.

Oh, boy. The fun of GHOSTBUSTERS to me always was seeing Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd (yeah, Harold Ramis, too) basically satirizing supernatural horror films.

I really hope that they will not just have some cameo appearances while we have to suffer through "new talent" going through the same motions again.

And if "new talent" is brought in, they should use the guys from "RESCUE ME". In a way, them hanging around and being called off to do their work, resembles the "Ghostbusters" vibe pretty much...

#94 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

Reason?

Because Ivan Reitman is an unremarkable hack. When I thought Jason Reitman would be directing, suddenly this project seemed a great deal more interesting (what would Reitman want with GHOSTBUSTERS III?).

And there I was pulling for Michael Haneke to get the Ghostbusters 3 gig.

B)

I was by no means expecting anyone more than a working hack to be doing GHOSTBUSTERS III (a film, I should add, I couldn't care less about). But when I saw the name Reitman, for a brief second, I wondered whether GHOSTBUSTERS III was a film I should be interested in. Upon finding it was Ivan, my excitement dropped back into nonexistence.

Nevermind that Reitman isn't all that highbrow. His films have generally been accessible fare, and with a good sense of comedy (THANK YOU FOR SMOKING is searingly funny stuff). It's not impossible for me to imagine him bringing something to the table here.

#95 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

Check it out:

How YEAR ONE killed GHOSTBUSTERS III

#96 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

Check it out:

Saw this on RT. Shame really. Murray is a bit obnoxious isn't he?

#97 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

Check it out:

Interesting. I hope Ghostbusters III isn't dead but I agree that One Year didn't help Harold Ramis or the screenwriters at all.

#98 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

All the better I say to let Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis start afresh with a new script which doesn't involve a ghost Peter Venkman, replacement teenaged Ghostbusters or whatever they were trying to go with that idea.. :|

#99 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

Sounds like it could still be on, and possibly has a better chance of not being crap.

Great interview, too. Murray's quite a character.

#100 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

I knew the moment that I saw YEAR ONE that it would mean no GHOSTBUSTERS III, so I'm not surprised by this. Disappointed? Absolutely. But surprised? Not at all.

#101 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

Always knew it would be a long shot. Out of all the revived franchises lately, this one seemed the most unlikely. I guess the game is now the official third "movie".

#102 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

Always knew it would be a long shot. Out of all the revived franchises lately, this one seemed the most unlikely. I guess the game is now the official third "movie".

Agreed.

Looking back, the third film was never going to happen. There were too many things standing in the way of it actually making it to the big screen. I'm actually a bit upset with myself for allowing myself to get excited about the prospects of it actually happening. It was never going to make it to the big screen, especially after roughly two decades of their being zero movement on the idea.

Unfortunately, the videogame will have to serve as the third film. While it's a very good game, I think it makes a lousy conclusion to the series.

#103 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image

It'll happen.

#104 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:57 AM

What's that picture from?

#105 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:15 AM

What's that picture from?

The 2010 Scream Awards on SpikeTV. Airs tomorrow night.

#106 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:23 AM

Anna Faris, Bill Hader, Will Forte in "Ghostbusters 3"?

#107 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

I can get behind Hadar being in it. Not sure about Forte though...but I really do like him.

#108 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:34 AM

Dan Aykroyd Confirms "Ghostbusters 3" Casting Rumors

Now, during an interview with WGN Radio Chicago, Dan Aykroyd confirmed that casting is going on and that both Hader and Faris are "strong possibilities." He mentioned that Bill Murray and Sigourney Weaver are definitely returning and that Eliza Dushku ("Dollhouse") is still in talks as well.

The plot thickens...

#109 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:44 AM

Dan Aykroyd Confirms "Ghostbusters 3" Casting Rumors

Now, during an interview with WGN Radio Chicago, Dan Aykroyd confirmed that casting is going on and that both Hader and Faris are "strong possibilities." He mentioned that Bill Murray and Sigourney Weaver are definitely returning and that Eliza Dushku ("Dollhouse") is still in talks as well.

The plot thickens...

Can't say I'm too crazy about any of those casting rumors (apart from Murray and Weaver returning, of course, which is absolutely necessary). If they're looking for a young actress for the film, I'd much prefer them go with someone like Emma Stone than Ana Faris. While I do understand the desire to have SNL cast members since the original group features a couple, I can't say that I support it either given just how terrible SNL has been over the past several years. I'd much rather see people like Nathan Fillion and Paul Rudd filling the parts of the new Ghostbusters, as I think they would be infinitely better in the part than anyone that currently resides on the SNL cast.

Edited by tdalton, 28 November 2010 - 06:12 AM.

#110 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:11 AM

It's funny that the initial rumor listed Forte as amongst the potential SNL cast candidates, considering Forte left the show before the current season.

#111 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

Being a limey I'm not up to date on SNL, but I do really like what I've seen of Forte. I'd be "down" with his casting, but I'm still not convinced this is actually going to happen

#112 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

#113 ChristopherZ22

ChristopherZ22

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:14 AM

Ghosterbusters III is coming! :(

Ghostbusters II was completely awful and the worst film of the summer of 1989; even worse than Star Trek V and The Karate Kid III. Although Ghostbusters (1984) deserves a decent sequel, I just don't believe it will happen. if Ghostbusters II had been good, there would have been a Part 3 probably 15 years ago. Number 2 just ran it into the ground and made it impossible for another sequel to be made.

I'll just believe it when I see it.

#114 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:18 AM

So apparently I'm the only one that thinks a new team of: Will Forte, Bill Hadar, Ana Faris and Eliza Dushku could be really awesome?

#115 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:32 AM

So apparently I'm the only one that thinks a new team of: Will Forte, Bill Hadar, Ana Faris and Eliza Dushku could be really awesome?

While I can't speak for anyone else, I can say that I wouldn't be excited for a new team that featured Forte, Hader, Faris, and Dushku. Out of those four, I'd most prefer Dushku to be a part of the team, but the rest of them I can't say I'd get all that excited about, to be honest.

I'll still see it anyway if that's the team they choose, but my enthusiasm for the project will be diminished quite a bit.

#116 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:40 AM

I agree. I must admit, however, that personally GHOSTBUSTERS is so associated with the original trio that I find it hard to believe that any new group might recreate that free-wheeling dynamic, especially in today´s movie climate.

#117 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:59 AM

Ghostbusters II was completely awful and the worst film of the summer of 1989; even worse than Star Trek V and The Karate Kid III.

Y'know, I've never quite understood this kind of statement. I accept the opinion that "GB2" wasn't as good as the first, but 'completely awful'? I just don't see it. It's just as spirited, witty, and exciting as the first (with a much creepier villain and soundtrack), in my opinion. Maybe it's because I grew up on the second, but I can honestly say I'd take "GB2" over a fair number of Bond films (I'm looking at you, DAF, TMWTGG, AVTAK, TND, DAD).

#118 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

I agree. I must admit, however, that personally GHOSTBUSTERS is so associated with the original trio that I find it hard to believe that any new group might recreate that free-wheeling dynamic, especially in today´s movie climate.

I think Hadar and Forte can drum up some chemistry seeing as they were on SNL for so long together. As for Dushku and Faris, well I think they're both great actresses that they'd make it work.

Assuming of course that is who the team would be.

#119 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

According to the Internet Movie Database, Ghostbusters III is going to come out some time next year. It hasn't started filming yet but it will start I'm guessing sometime this year or early next year. It will have all four of our friends back in addition to some new faces as well. Honestly, I thought they were going to make this movie back when the rumors were hot like in '99, but I guess it just never got off the ground.

Posted Image

And I know I'm in the minority here, but I rather enjoyed the second film. Here's information regarding the upcoming third movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/

#120 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

The second film is very underrated.

But I'll believe Ghostubsters III when I see it, we've heard so many times that it has been given the go ahead, then for
nothing to happen.