Ghosterbusters III is coming! :(

#2 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:24 AM

Apparently Murray wants a female Ghostbuster--any casting suggestions?

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:31 AM

Apparently Murray wants a female Ghostbuster--any casting suggestions?

Here's a left field suggestion: SNL's Kristen Wiig.

She's an up-and-coming comedian. Plus, she's attractive.

I'd also cast Seth Rogan and Bill Hader which makes sense if Judd Apatow produces.

#4 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:45 AM

You could probably take a lot of the current SNL cast member and find roles for them.

How about Tina Fey as Janine?

Or Fred Armisen as Louis?

Can't see Keenan Thompson as Winston, though. He's too much of a baby-face.

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:51 AM

You could probably take a lot of the current SNL cast member and find roles for them.

How about Tina Fey as Janine?

Or Fred Armisen as Louis?

Can't see Keenan Thompson as Winston, though. He's too much of a baby-face.

They won't recast the old roles. They're for sure going to cast a younger bunch of actors to play "new" Ghostbusters but I think they're going to try to get as many of the old actors back as they can.

I bet the plot will see the old Ghostbusters "retiring" and getting a new group of Ghostbusters to battle a "new" threat.

I hope William Atherton returns as Walter Peck, the mean EPA guy. "This man has no :(." :)

#6 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:06 PM

Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria!

Aye, tis be old news. Though I hope it finally happens.
At least we get a new Ghostbusters game this fall, with the original cast reprising their roles and written by both Aykroyd and Ramis. Basically the third movie they planned sometime during the 90's, with the busters going to Hell and back.

#7 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

Classic Angry Video Game Nerd. :(

Hopefully this will actually get made. I'm also looking forward to the new game.

#8 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:37 PM

Ghosterbusters III is coming! :(

I thought GBIII became a video game ? I doubt it's going have the original cast.

#9 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:40 PM

Actually the original cast will be involved in some capacity from what I hear, Mister E.. Well I just hope that they come up with something really good for Ghostbusters III. The second one was a huge disappointment after how great the original was. :(

#10 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

I used to watch the original all the time as a kid. I'm sure I'll go see this.

#11 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

Wow. Would have never expected another film for this series! The first two films are fun, so here's hoping this third one eventually lives up to them.

#12 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

Can anyone explain what is so terrible about "Ghostbusters 2"? I never saw it as a disappointment.

#13 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:47 PM

Can anyone explain what is so terrible about "Ghostbusters 2"? I never saw it as a disappointment.

I enjoy Ghostbusters II but it's just not as good as the first. The Zuul story line is superior to the Vigo story line plus the Statue of Liberty finale was crap compared to the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man finale.

#14 ForMathis

ForMathis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

Not terrible. Just a rehash of the first. Nothing new.

#15 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:18 PM

Classic Angry Video Game Nerd. :(

Actually it was Peter Venkman (Murray) who originally said that. AVGN just quoted him in his review(s) :)

#16 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:21 AM

I saw this on rottentomatoes, I thought the new game was going to take the place of a movie, I guess not. No complaints here.

"The flowers are still standing!" :(

#17 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:22 AM

Wow. Would have never expected another film for this series! The first two films are fun, so here's hoping this third one eventually lives up to them.

I can't believe that we're in store for another film either. This has been something that I've been looking forward to for well over a decade, and the fact that it's now actually in some phase of production is amazing to me. Hopefully they'll get the original four actors back in the film in some capacity.

Also, in defense of Ghostbusters II, I thought that it was every bit as good as Ghostbusters. Both films were great, IMO, and I hope that Ghostbusters III can be as good as the first two films.

#18 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:34 AM

I enjoy Ghostbusters II but it's just not as good as the first. The Zuul story line is superior to the Vigo story line plus the Statue of Liberty finale was crap compared to the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man finale.

To me, the "story lines" were never the point of these movies, it was just meant to be a fun ride. I could have watched them catching ghosts for 2 hours.

#19 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:45 AM

Also, in defense of Ghostbusters II, I thought that it was every bit as good as Ghostbusters. Both films were great, IMO, and I hope that Ghostbusters III can be as good as the first two films.

Agreed. Sometimes I even prefer the second to the first. They're both fun.

#20 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:49 AM

I remember seeing Ghostbusters in the theater in 1984 with my parents and brother, at the age of 9.

I always remember that opening scene with the old woman ghost. Everyone in the audience had the same two-pronged reaction.

A scream followed by laughter!

Brilliant!

:( :) :)

#21 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

Agreed. Sometimes I even prefer the second to the first. They're both fun.

I feel that way about the second one as well. Both are great films and are amongst my all-time favorite films.

#22 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:04 AM

I love everyone's optimism.

History tells us that this will be awful.

#23 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:13 AM

As long as Aykroyd isnt writing it I'm good. He used to be a great writer but his sequels leave a lot to be desired.

#24 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:54 AM

MTV.com has an interview with Harold Ramis regarding Ghostbusters III.

Harold Ramis Talks 'Ghostbusters' Reboot

Sounds interesting, although they're going to have to bring in an exceptional cast to pull this one off, I think. Needless to say, though, I'll be there opening night for this one if it actually does get made.

Edited by tdalton, 30 March 2009 - 04:06 AM.

#25 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:38 AM

The game looks like a ton of fun.

#26 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:44 AM

The game looks like a ton of fun.

The game does look like quite a bit of fun. I just got done watching a few trailers for it after reading some of the news about the new film. I never thought that I would ever see a time when the franchise got going again. I remember wondering when a third film would be made after seeing Ghostbusters II, little did I know it would take 2 decades for one to start production. Can't wait for both the game and the film.

#27 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:01 AM

Off the top of my head I can't think of another comedy team that will formulate the same type of magic that these guys have going for them. Still, I too will be there opening night if one gets made. Needless to say I'm getting the game the day it comes out. B)

#28 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:05 AM

Off the top of my head I can't think of another comedy team that will formulate the same type of magic that these guys have going for them. Still, I too will be there opening night if one gets made. Needless to say I'm getting the game the day it comes out. B)

I can't think of one either. While I seriously doubt that Ghostbusters III will be as good as the first two, primarily because of the fact that (unless the current script changes before filming begins) they're going to have to share the stage with some new characters, I hope that it will be at least a fairly decent trip down memory lane. Perhaps if the film is good enough, then maybe the series could be rebooted with a younger cast to carry the franchise forward, with the original actors dropping in from time to time.

And, I too will be there on the day the game comes out to purchase it. Can't wait for it.

Edited by tdalton, 30 March 2009 - 05:07 AM.

#29 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:06 AM

Well I have the game and it's a ton of fun. While in game cutscenes look terrible, the CGI cut scenes look great and the actual gameplay is terrific. It's well written (has the right dose of technical babble and humor that makes the films so great) and the voice acting (save for Bill Murray) is really well done. What's even more amazing is that it doesn't feel like the producers of this game just through together a bunch of GB cliche's and called it a day. This is a completely new and original adventure taking place in some fleshed out old locations (and some new ones). It is definitely worth the money as I cannot imagine it losing all of it's novelty at any point in time. This is the third Ghostbusters movie. B)

#30 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:45 AM

Well I have the game and it's a ton of fun. While in game cutscenes look terrible, the CGI cut scenes look great and the actual gameplay is terrific. It's well written (has the right dose of technical babble and humor that makes the films so great) and the voice acting (save for Bill Murray) is really well done. What's even more amazing is that it doesn't feel like the producers of this game just through together a bunch of GB cliche's and called it a day. This is a completely new and original adventure taking place in some fleshed out old locations (and some new ones). It is definitely worth the money as I cannot imagine it losing all of it's novelty at any point in time. This is the third Ghostbusters movie. B)

Agreed. I got the game yesterday as well, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. After all of these years thinking that Ghostbusters II was the end of the franchise, it's a great time to be a fan of the franchise, as we not only get a great game but the prospects are continually looking better that we'll eventually see the very long awaited Ghostbusters III make it to the big screen.