167 replies to this topic

#31 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

It is understanding rather than knowledge. In a man it is authority without domination.

...the day is gone, Soft falls the silent dew, A tear is now on many a flower And heaven lives in you.

:(

#32 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

Anyway, back to my writing. My third chapter will be packed with action so I've got to get to work. I only have till Saturday to finish it off. As for Naked Kill, there will be lots more of it. One scene has Bond killing a man with a box of matches!

Harry Fawkes

#33 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

The
Apocalypse Agenda

Spoiler

OUT SATURDAY

#34 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

The
Apocalypse Agenda

Spoiler

#35 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

Have just posted Chapter 3. You will enjoy it. Just as long as you wear a seat belt and shock absorber

JAMES BOND BACK IN ACTION

#36 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:01 PM

New addition up now.

#37 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

ENTER

THE

SHAHEEL PESHANT

C O M I N G S O O N

JAMES BOND

OO7

#38 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:12 PM

They had been flying through the great ocean of dessert for about an hour and a half until they finally arrived at an imposing fortress built atop a hill. James Bond had no idea where they were but knew this was to be his final destination, for the time being at least. A high wall built from dark red sand stone surrounded this ancient fortification they called Al Hasarran.

'It was once called It-Trieq tal Jenna, James,' Nadesh told him as they got out.

'The path to heaven,' Bond said and looked around.

'Exactly. It was an Acemi Oglan school, a school that turned kidnapped Christian boys into soldiers, warriors. These 'students', mostly children, were taught how to master the sword and the cruel arts of war, to fight and kill in the name of Allah. In the morning they received what their tutors called spiritual education from the Holy Koran and during the afternoon they were taught how to kill.'

'And today? What do you use it for?' Bond asked.

'Well, you could say practically the same thing dear...'

CHAPTER

ENTER

THE

SHAHEEL PESHANT

HARRY FAWKES :(

#39 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:05 AM

QOS is fantastic! Craig is the best Bond since Connery. I loved the film! Well, well done EON! It rocked and the cinema here was packed! Wow what a Bond film...I'm still catching my breath!

10 out of 10 and the best Bond film since the Connery days. Fantastic performances, wonderful music and a bloody good plot.

Judi Dench is a Queen!

The action is red hot and there's still time for character development in the film.

And the gunbarrel sequence...Craig rocks!!!!!!

I am so pleased EON got it right!

Can't wait for the next one!

:( :) :) ;)

#40 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

So, I get it it's a thumbs up... :(

And about TMBYD, nice to see a certain girl back... Finally she doesn't look that much like a damsel in distress locked up in a dungeon by her father... :)

#41 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:46 AM

Ah, SHIBUMI the old Trevelian novel.

I read it many years ago, but it had a profound effect on by philosophy on training and life in general.

A good state of mind to be in when writing or reading.

#42 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:55 PM

The Phoenix of a New Beginning

The floors were marble-tiled, the walls solid oak panelling; every fitting gleaming pure gold and crystal chandeliers took light to every corner. The twelve men dressed in dinner suits were seated on plush leather sofas arranged in seating areas. Three massive paintings staged the main walls around them: Prometheus bringing fire to mankind by Heinrich Füger, Prometheus by Gustave Moreau and Prometheus Being Chained by Vulcan, by Dirck van Baburen. Replicas no doubt but striking none the less.
A dazzling blonde stewardess came over and offered them Champaign cocktails from a gold tray whilst the man called Melhem Sabah lit a long slim cigar. He was standing in front of them, dominating the room; a tall, well built man in his mid fifties, good-looking and quite striking in a beautifully cut white suit...
‘The apocalypse is inevitable, gentlemen,’ he said, puffing out dark grey smoke. ‘It has always been a matter of time and now, finally, that time has come. Our new world order is on the rise and each one of you has pledged outstanding loyalty to it, to me, to what I, we, all stand for. We are the phoenix of a new beginning.’
He took a long pull at the cigar and looked down at them, his eyes glowing.
There was a passionate fire inside his eyes and the twelve were simply captivated by them.
‘You have all invested money – millions and millions of dollars,’ he continued. ‘You have invested manpower, property, intelligence, technological information - your lives, even - just to see this new beginning through. To witness the rising of a new era. Well, my friends, what you have invested has not and will not be in vein. We are there. You are there. The Shaheel is there.’
Sabah courteously raised a hand and the lights in the room dimmed gradually.
A few feet away from him a holographic image materialized from nowhere. It was the image of Sabah’s yacht: the Prometheus.
She was a distinct blend of contemporary and conservative elements and among the more distinctive features were the enclosed aft atrium and the 1930’s bull-nose bow. The round windows along the superstructure were redolent of an ancient cruise liner.
‘Gentlemen this is Prometheus’ fire…’

H A R R Y F A W K E S

#43 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:42 AM

SATURDAY 13 DECEMBER 2008

The Phoenix of a New Beginning

H A R R Y F A W K E S'

BOND IS BACK

#44 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:41 PM

...M looked at Tanner for a while then sat back down behind his desk.
‘I gathered that from our phone conversation this morning, Chief of Staff,’ he said firmly. ‘However, I stand by my decision. I’m sure Bond is all right. It’s not the first time he has gone off the radar during a mission. ’
‘True.’
‘Of course, if the Director General thinks he’s going to fry me for sending Bond out when I did then let him bloody try. As I said before, I run the Double O Division, not him. Bond is one of my best men and an agent with a background experience second to none. He knew what he was getting into and I had, still have, full confidence in him.’
M swiveled round in his chair and poured himself and his Chief of Staff a very stiff Scotch from the drinks cabinet behind him. He added a touch of Soda and turned back to Tanner.
‘Let me tell you something not a lot of people know about me, Tanner,’ he said passing the drink across. ‘Much of my time with the Special Air Service saw me serving behind enemy lines: Malaya, Borneo, South Arabia and Northern Ireland, where unfortunately I lost this bloody arm - picked up the wrong briefcase, believe it or not. Well, my point is this: I’ve been in some very ‘sticky’ situations in my time. God only knows how many times I nearly got killed out there in the field, or how many people I killed during active service for Queen and Country. Believe me when I tell you that I’ve been to hell and back, more than once, and I’m still paying the wretched price whenever I close my damn eyes at night to go to sleep...

H F

#45 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:50 PM

Chapter 4 posted as promised. Dead on time.

#46 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:00 AM

Authors note: I have purposely misled anyone reading TMBYD discussion page and teasers by filling in this part of one of my teasers by purposely omitting what I actually wrote in the final draft of Chapter 4 :

'' A few feet away from him a holographic image materialized from nowhere. It was the image of Sabah’s yacht: the Prometheus.
She was a distinct blend of contemporary and conservative elements and among the more distinctive features were the enclosed aft atrium and the 1930’s bull-nose bow. The round windows along the superstructure were redolent of an ancient cruise liner.

‘Gentlemen this is Prometheus’ fire…’
''

The paragraph describing Sabah's yacht is not what is referred to in the actual paragraph posted as Prometheus’ fire.

To find out what Prometheus' fire actually is, one will just have to read the chapter :(.

And believe me - to say THE MOMENT BEFORE YOU DIE is the big one is putting it mildly!

Harry Fawkes

#47 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:39 PM

New addition up now.

#48 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

Almost forgot.

C O M I N G S O O N

C H A P T E R

T H U N D E R B O L T

Untill then, go read 'Loneliness is a Lover' :(

#49 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:02 PM

Spoiler

ON NEW YEARS DAY 2009 YOU WILL KNOW WHAT FEAR IS, AND WHY THE WORLD
STILL NEEDS HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVANT

JAMES BOND
AGENT 007

H A R R Y F A W K E S

#50 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:29 AM

Spoiler

GET READY FOR THE THRILL OF YOUR LIFE

H A R R Y F A W K E S
THE MOMENT BEFORE YOU DIE

#51 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:57 PM

JAMES BOND
IS
BACK

IN

H a r r y F a w k e s’
The Moment Before We Die

The story so far…

Several months after being targeted for death by an unknown assassin, James Bond is sent to Libya by M to follow up on the only lead MI6 has on the organisation known simply as the Marcuzzi

Once over there, Bond teams up with the head of Station L, Mulai Raisul and with his help OO7 breaks into Dante Stavros’ hilltop villa

The man called Stavros is subsequently interrogated by Bond during which he reveals that he possesses information regarding a major terrorist strike on the United States and in return for the details Bond must get him out of Libya alive

On their way to an abandoned airfield where Stavros has a plane waiting, they are attacked in the desert by a group of Libyan bandits who want Stavros dead

During the chase and ensuing fire-fight, Stavros is killed and a semi-conscious Bond comes face to face with none other than Nadesh Sabah who seems to be the person behind the bandits attack...

Back in London, however, M is in serious trouble with the Joint Intelligence Committee for having sent Bond out on such a delicate mission without having fully recovered after the attempt on his life....

Meanwhile, the Shaheel Peshant’s plan to steal two archetype anti-proton energy bombs from CERN, the European institute for Nuclear Research, is finally being put into motion by the man they call Apocalypse…

LET THE GAME BEGIN

#52 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:12 AM

New addition up now.

#53 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:29 AM

COMING SOON

CHAPTER 6

CRISIS TIME 2009

#54 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

The whole thing absolutly fantastic Faulks, you should send it to IFP

#55 Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

Steady on! Harry Fawkes's Bond is much better than Faulks's.

#56 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

Steady on! Harry Fawkes's Bond is much better than Faulks's.

Sorry about that, I meant to say Fawlks!

#57 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

Just finished Chapter 1! Going to read a chapter a day.

What can I say? Fantastic!

‘Believe me, luck had nothing to do with it. Hell was just too crowded at the time.’

What a great line. Love the little 'Lawrence' nod. When it comes to modern Bond adventures, you're hard to beat!

You could do this for a living, my friend. You've got the beats down, you've got atmosphere and tension. When it comes to sexier sequences, you've completely bested Raymond Benson IMHO. Of course you've already bested Faulks too! :)

Keep up the stellar work!

#58 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

I like how he combines Ian Fleming's style of writting and combining it with the modern 007

#59 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

Just finished Chapter 2. Wow wonderfully brutal. :(

I like how he combines Ian Fleming's style of writting and combining it with the modern 007

True, Harry is excellent with this winning combination. :)

#60 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

Harry,
You should send these in to the main fan fic section, I think you'd be accepted.