This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Roman Polanski's The Ghost Writer (2010)

394 replies to this topic

#391 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Pretty sure there's a thread on this in the General Discussion section. Might want to try the search function to find it.

#392 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

To be fair when I searched "The Ghost Writer" this was the first Topic on the list.
The only other related Topic on the first page of "The ghost writer" search results was Polanski is free

Page 2 has 5 results and the first 4 are locked.

Ghost Writer's Pierce Brosnan tells his story
Interview: Pierce Brosnan (The Ghost Writer)
Pierce Brosnan on Polanski, 'The Ghost Writer' and Bond
The Ghost Writer interview with Pierce Brosnan

Here is the last Topic in the search results, Perhaps it should have been simply titled, "The Ghost Writer (2010)."
Roman Polanski's The Ghost Writer (2010)

Aren't I just so thrilled to finally learn how to use the "Link" button.

#393 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

I didn't expect anything out of this film, so when I seen it I was pretty impressed and entertained. I only seen it because Brosnan and McGreggor are in it, and I think if your a Brosnan fan you might enjoy this film. I don't really have any comments on the Polanski Controversy, I just watched the film for Brosnan and McGegger.

Here is an interview of Brosnan and McGreggor I also enjoyed. Sorry if they have already been posted.

#394 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hot tubs, quaaludes & teenage girls aside, most of Roman Polanski's movies are difficult to watch. ROSEMARY'S BABY, MACBETH, CHINATOWN, TESS & FRANTIC, just to name a few, are all slow moving, convoluted and cinematically layered to the point of confusion. However I DID enjoy this film. It was refreshing to see Pierce Brosnan in a role, sporting not so white of a hat. Ewan MacGregor was great. I liked the fact that, in the very beginning, he states that he's not an investigative reporter, and yet throughout the piece, that's exactly what he was doing. Tom Wilkinson also downplayed his role expertly. I'd highly recommend this film.

Edited by Miles Miservy, 15 May 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#395 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

ROSEMARY'S BABY, MACBETH, CHINATOWN, TESS & FRANTIC, just to name a few, are all slow moving, convoluted and cinematically layered to the point of confusion.

Sorry you feel that way.