261 replies to this topic

#1 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:23 PM

In conjunction with my future Bond actors thread, I've decided to poll the fine users of CBN onto who they would like to see as a Bond girl in the future.

(Basically, it's an excuse for you to post which female actresses you fancy!!!)

My suggestions:
Katherine Heigl
Heidi Klum (given her experience voice-wise on Everything or Nothing)
Charlize Theron...

#2 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:48 PM

Rosie O'Donnell
Rachel Ray

#3 Golden Claw

Golden Claw

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:07 AM

I would like to see a Bond girl who is Bond's age for a change. How about Catherine Zeta Jones or Lucy Lawless for Bond 23?

And if Henry Cavill becomes Bond in 2015, I would like to see a Bond girl much older than Bond for a change as well. Sure, Honor Blackman was 4 years older than Connie & Diana Rigg was 2 years older than Laz, but I mean a Bond girl at least 10 years older than Bond. Jenna Elfman, maybe? She'll be 44 in 2015 and Cavill will be 32.

It'll be interesting to see a young Bond & a much older Bond girl.

Edited by Golden Claw, 18 May 2008 - 08:08 AM.

#4 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

What about Uma Thurman?

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

Honor Blackman was 4 years older than Connie & Diana Rigg

PLEASE!! WILL YOU PLEASE, PLEASE STOP THAT!!!! IT'S BLOODY CONNERY!!! :tup:

#6 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

I;'m gonna get yelled at for this but Amanda Bynes.

Hey she mad it to number 46 on Maxim's hot 100

#7 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:44 AM

I;'m gonna get yelled at for this but Amanda Bynes.

Hey she mad it to number 46 on Maxim's hot 100

Actually, Ms. Bynes would be an excellently original choice. My own suggestion if the fabulously beautiful Yukie Nakama, who is essentially unknown outside of her native Japan; but has rather varied resum

#8 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:52 AM

Yes Uma, Charlize Theron, Naomi Watts, Sarah Michelle Geller, Laura Elina Herring, and the woman who played the receptionist at the Ocean Club in CR. She was in Hex, and was a much better actress than that was a show.

#9 Golden Claw

Golden Claw

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:05 AM

Mharkin007: OK, OK, I apologized for it. I won't call him that again.

#10 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

Also the girls from the ocean club with the racquets are interesting.

#11 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

[quote name='darkpath' post='871734' date='18 May 2008 - 22:44'][quote name='Quantumofsolace007' post='871685' date='18 May 2008 - 19:12']I;'m gonna get yelled at for this but Amanda Bynes.

Hey she mad it to number 46 on Maxim's hot 100[/quote]
Actually, Ms. Bynes would be an excellently original choice. My own suggestion if the fabulously beautiful Yukie Nakama, who is essentially unknown outside of her native Japan; but has rather varied resum

#12 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

Katherine Heigl is, I think the best choice for the next Bond girl!

#13 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:14 PM

I would like to see a Bond girl who is Bond's age for a change.

So do I! It would be a better balanced relationship. But on the names department, I don't have serious suggestions. I'd prefer the producers to surprise me with a talented-yet-relatively-unknown actress, like they did recently with Eva Green, and so many others.

#14 pgram

pgram

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:40 PM

I like the idea of unknowns, so my list of names will be only suggestive of what 'kind' of girls I 'd like to be cast...

Sophie Ellis Bextor: a porcelain doll

Lilly Cole: another porcelain doll- there 's something scary about her, I can imagine her as Solitaire...

Devon Aoki: oriental porcelain doll... ok, ok, enough of porcelain..

Agyness Deyn: epitomises British cool nowadays, and also has a retro feel, similar to what they want to do in QoS.

Tera Patrick: to spice up things a bit, it's a bit too artistic lately...

Maria Sharapova... I like the idea of non-actresses...

Ok, probably these ones can't act, but I enjoyed these crude performances in the past (Andress, Bianci, Bach, etc), they didn't spoil it for me at all...

Lucy Lawless (mentioned above) would have been perfect for Onatopp...

Aishwarya Rai, that has been (rumour had it) considered in the past

I 've posted it before: Bond girls should be archetypical (the characters), and the girls playing them should be able to convey this...

#15 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

I'd argue Mrs Bynes is not as known as Jolie Or Kidman (how we manged to not have a zillion Nicole Kidman is the next bond girl rumours is beyond me)

But alas i feel Halle Berry put a bitter taste in everyone's mouth when it comes to american actresses in bond films.

#16 Forward Look

Forward Look

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • Location:Atlanta, Georgia USA - home of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

In a previous thread, I suggested Evangeline Lilly, who plays Kate on Lost. And having seen that show recently, I still believe that she would be a great Bond Girl. The name is still Lilly, Evangeline Lilly.

#17 Golden Claw

Golden Claw

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:53 AM

MkB: great to see somebody agrees with me. We could expect somebody unknown, but if they decide to cast somebody already known, it could be Lucy Lawless, Catherine Zeta Jones or Cate Blanchett. They are more or less Danny's age.

pgram: Aishwarya Rai? Never! Not unless you want another Tanya Roberts or Christmas Jones! She can't act to save her life, like most of the Bond girls we have already seen. One acquaintance used a very offensive term to describe Bond girls: meat factory. :tup: There were rumours in India about somebody even worse than Aishwarya Rai being a Bond girl: Shilpa Shetty; the one Richard Gere kissed. She is simply awful. But both of these can become a stereotypical Bond girl.

I'd still like to see a young Bond (not Danny) with a much older Bond girl.

Edited by Golden Claw, 27 May 2008 - 06:55 AM.

#18 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

Summer Glau, better known as Firefly and Serenity's River Tam and Cameron in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

#19 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

The girl from Mr Bean's holiday - Emma de Caunes. Seriously.

Couldn't find any decent pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:17 PM

[quote name='Quantumofsolace007' post='873275' date='23 May 2008 - 13:45'][quote name='darkpath' post='871734' date='18 May 2008 - 22:44'][quote name='Quantumofsolace007' post='871685' date='18 May 2008 - 19:12']I;'m gonna get yelled at for this but Amanda Bynes.

#21 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

I think Cherlize Theron would be a good Bond girl. I'm trying to think of someone else maybe less well known. Romala Garai would be a good choice too, she's not too well known but from what I've seen she's not only got the looks but some good acting chops too.

#22 pgram

pgram

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

MkB: great to see somebody agrees with me. We could expect somebody unknown, but if they decide to cast somebody already known, it could be Lucy Lawless, Catherine Zeta Jones or Cate Blanchett. They are more or less Danny's age.

pgram: Aishwarya Rai? Never! Not unless you want another Tanya Roberts or Christmas Jones! She can't act to save her life, like most of the Bond girls we have already seen. One acquaintance used a very offensive term to describe Bond girls: meat factory. :tup: There were rumours in India about somebody even worse than Aishwarya Rai being a Bond girl: Shilpa Shetty; the one Richard Gere kissed. She is simply awful. But both of these can become a stereotypical Bond girl.

I'd still like to see a young Bond (not Danny) with a much older Bond girl.

You probably started reading my post from the second paragraph, so I 'm repeating myself: none of those names are suggested. I like them all style and appearance wise and suggested someones along these lines are cast. Therefore, acting skills of those particular girls are not an issue in my post (honestly, you protested about Rai's acting abilities, do you think Tera Patrick is Academy Award material?)

To be honest, I don't care very much about acting in Bond girls. A good director (and I am really interested in good directing, we haven't had a good one since Terence Young- hoping about Forster) could make good use of an eye candy, even without acting skills (Ursulla Andress and Daniealla Bianchi spring to mind immediately).

I fail to see the Shilpa Shetty reference too. I didn't say: any Indian or Bollywood actress, I say Rai, who is extremely beautiful in a unique way. Shetty isn't.

Anyway, I hate annoying people, so if you are so adamant about it, I 'll call Mike and Babs and tell them not to cast Rai... Happy?

#23 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

[quote name='tdalton' post='874650' date='28 May 2008 - 13:17'][quote name='Quantumofsolace007' post='873275' date='23 May 2008 - 13:45'][quote name='darkpath' post='871734' date='18 May 2008 - 22:44'][quote name='Quantumofsolace007' post='871685' date='18 May 2008 - 19:12']I;'m gonna get yelled at for this but Amanda Bynes.

#24 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

Speaking purely on the spur of the moment, I have to say that the sum total of the above suggestions is a total yawn-fest.

Bearing in mind that all previous, 'name your future Bond / M / girl / bad guy / film title' threads have never produced anything other than, 'I saw Zeta Jones in Entrapment, she'd be good' mind numbing mis-marks, it amazes me why these threads even exist.

Has anyone ever guessed correctly? No. Thank God for the producers.

Cantankerous suggestion to the Mods - can all these threads be deleted, or at least hidden in some deepest darkest corner of the Forum Contents as to be virtually impossible to find.

And if anyone does find them, then delete their account too.

#25 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

Speaking purely on the spur of the moment, I have to say that the sum total of the above suggestions is a total yawn-fest.

Bearing in mind that all previous, 'name your future Bond / M / girl / bad guy / film title' threads have never produced anything other than, 'I saw Zeta Jones in Entrapment, she'd be good' mind numbing mis-marks, it amazes me why these threads even exist.

Cantankerous suggestion to the Mods - can all these threads be deleted, or at least hidden in some deepest darkest corner of the Forum Contents as to be virtually impossible to find.

You're a little blunt, but at the same time I agree with you 100%. Not only have all the suggestions been totally uninteresting (Katherine Heigel???), us Bond fans are pretty bad when it comes to predicting who will actually be cast. I say let the producers pleasantly surprise us as they have been and give the usual fanboy short list a rest.

#26 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:43 PM

Bring Eva Green for a second outing!!!

#27 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

Bring Eva Green for a second outing!!!

Erm...she's dead! Lol! (well Vesper is, not Eva Green!!!)

#28 pgram

pgram

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

You're a little blunt, but at the same time I agree with you 100%. Not only have all the suggestions been totally uninteresting (Katherine Heigel???), us Bond fans are pretty bad when it comes to predicting who will actually be cast. I say let the producers pleasantly surprise us as they have been and give the usual fanboy short list a rest.

You 're both missing the point, I think

Edited by pgram, 30 May 2008 - 06:57 PM.

#29 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:11 AM

You're both missing the point, I think

Erm, very helpful. In the absence of any supporting reasoning, I will just assume on the head - nail - thorough hammering.

But to be sure, even the bland must have their day. It is even true to say that without the bland the shiny will never truly shine.

So in an amazing about face and perversion of my initial point, I suggest the next Bond girl should be Thandie Newton, 'cos she was in MI-2; thereby, in my opinion, exemplifying blandness and shinyness in the very same post.

#30 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:22 AM

Does anyone like Ludivine Sagnier?

Attached Files