This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

'Quantum of Solace' Singer - Amy Winehouse?

552 replies to this topic

Poll: The Sun Says 'Quantum' Singer Is Amy Winehouse

Would you like to see Amy Winehouse sing the 'Quantum of Solace' theme song?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#271 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:32 AM

Gnarls Barkley anyone?

Yeah; I thought it was quite amusing when the writer of this article suggested Gnarls Barkley after saying that Winehouse is too retro: isn't that pretty much exactly what Gnarls do too? :tup: Half of their songs could have been released in the 60's and no-one would have blinked an eye! They add a contemporary edge, but so does Winehouse.

Saying that, I don't think it's a bad choice at all: could be a good theme.

The Last Shadow Puppets could be rather good too; they've said that they'd like to have a pop at Bond.

#272 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:05 AM

Letterman actually made a joke about this tonight, he mentioned that Amy Winehouse was now apparently not going to be doing a Bond song, it was basically a long setup for a lame punchline that the film would be called "Thunderhair".

But here's the interesting part, as he was setting up the joke, he just mentioned the name Amy Winehouse, and the audience started laughing!

#273 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

Apparently she's just been arrested again.

#274 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

Yep.. Here a link to the story on the BBC's website..

http://news.bbc.co.u...don/7388721.stm

#275 sidspappy

sidspappy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

Proves my point. I just don't understand everyone who rolls their eyes at what I'm saying. Why would you want to associate the franchise with such a poor example of a famous singer? Kids look up to this series, you know? I hear lots of singers who would jump at the chance.

Why Winehouse? What's so great about her singing? I don't see it.

Gnarls Barkley? Sure, I loved their one of their most popular titles, "Crazy."

#276 007Travis

007Travis

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

Thank goodness! I cannot stand Amy Winehouse. It has nothing to do with her non music activities, its just because her music is horrible IMO. I know a lot of people would disagree with me, but I don't like her sound.

I agree with you 100%.

#277 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

Proves my point. I just don't understand everyone who rolls their eyes at what I'm saying. Why would you want to associate the franchise with such a poor example of a famous singer?

Do you ever get a nosebleed from continually taking the high moral ground? :tup: As far as I'm concerned, she could snort of ton of whatever she wanted every night and it wouldn't bother me provided the song was good. But that comes of getting older, I guess, and learning that life is never black and white.

Ah, the good old British police. Spotting another chance to make a high-profile arrest just to try and convince the taxpayer they're actually being tough on crime.

Edited by dee-bee-five, 07 May 2008 - 09:58 PM.

#278 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:50 AM

Now on the CBn main page...

'It would be amazing if she could...'

#279 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:56 AM

Thank you, Daniel. I wish she could. :tup:

#280 Von Hammerstein

Von Hammerstein

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:57 PM

Oh I am so tired of placing these people like Winehouse on a pedestal. She can sing. Okay. But she wastes her gift with drugs and fist fights with her husband and others. This redwarding of disgusting behavior has to end. This pity attitude of "she's a great but tortured artist" is crap. There are literally thousands of people with the same level or better talent than most of the big singers out there. Go to Broadway and listen to the amazing voices from people who wait tables to make ends meet. I can't stand it. Time to act like an adult! (That being said. I was dead set against Robert Downey Jr being cast as Tony Stark in Iron Man. I wasn't even going to see it until my young son begged me to take him. And I was wrong. Downey gave a great performance. But Downey has cleaned up his act.) Mayhaps in a couple of years we can hear Winehouse's take on a Bond theme. Right now she's more trouble than she's worth.

I am also soooooo fed up with these 'stars' who couldn't deign to collaborate with the film's scorer. Like Arnold is some sort of muscial McDonalds fry cook and their muscial gourmet chefs. "Oh no, my muse is taking me in a different direction." Which is code for I don't wanna sing that song! I wanna do my song! Remember DAD and TND Madonna, Sheryl Crow anyone? Both of those title songs sucked badly. It's time the Bonds went back to having Arnold (or whoever is the composer) write the score and the title song and then hire someone to sing it. If they don't want to sing the song then "thanks for playing, Johnny what parting gifts do we have for her?"

#281 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 02:49 PM

Oh I am so tired of placing these people like Winehouse on a pedestal. She can sing. Okay. But she wastes her gift with drugs and fist fights with her husband and others. This redwarding of disgusting behavior has to end. This pity attitude of "she's a great but tortured artist" is crap. There are literally thousands of people with the same level or better talent than most of the big singers out there. Go to Broadway and listen to the amazing voices from people who wait tables to make ends meet. I can't stand it. Time to act like an adult! (That being said. I was dead set against Robert Downey Jr being cast as Tony Stark in Iron Man. I wasn't even going to see it until my young son begged me to take him. And I was wrong. Downey gave a great performance. But Downey has cleaned up his act.) Mayhaps in a couple of years we can hear Winehouse's take on a Bond theme. Right now she's more trouble than she's worth.

It must be wonderful to be so perfect. To have no weaknesses. You are clearly a bastion of rectitude we must all look up to. After all, who needs compassion when one has such certainty? Who needs objectivity when one can be judgemental? And how terrible for you to be surrounded by the rest of humanity, each and every one of whom must disappoint you every day.

Of course, whether that equates with being "an adult", as you seem to suggest, is another matter. Personally, I feel it is far more mature to accept that people have weaknesses; and history suggests that great artists have rather more than the rest of us. But, then, what do I know? I smoke. I drink. I go to gay bars. I say "[censored]" when I stub my toe. I am clearly a degenerate. That must be why I don't stand in judgement of Amy Winehouse. (And I'm fascinated to know how you can be quite so certain that those wonderful Broadway performers you refer to aren't doing exactly what Ms. Winehouse is? I'm acquainted with a few of their West End counterparts and I happen to know their offstage behaviour makes her look like the Virgin Mary.)

Edited by dee-bee-five, 17 May 2008 - 02:53 PM.

#282 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:31 PM

Oh I am so tired of placing these people like Winehouse on a pedestal. She can sing. Okay. But she wastes her gift with drugs and fist fights with her husband and others. This redwarding of disgusting behavior has to end.

Who is rewarding her 'disgusting behaviour'? As far as I'm aware, the only awards she has won are for her music. It seems to me her private life receives only pity or condemnation, not rewards.

#283 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

'It would be amazing if she could...'

Now at least, we know what's on James Bond's iPod! (or at least on Dan's one) :tup:

#284 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:11 PM

It must be wonderful to be so perfect. To have no weaknesses. You are clearly a bastion of rectitude we must all look up to. After all, who needs compassion when one has such certainty? Who needs objectivity when one can be judgemental? And how terrible for you to be surrounded by the rest of humanity, each and every one of whom must disappoint you every day.

Of course, whether that equates with being "an adult", as you seem to suggest, is another matter. Personally, I feel it is far more mature to accept that people have weaknesses; and history suggests that great artists have rather more than the rest of us. But, then, what do I know? I smoke. I drink. I go to gay bars. I say "[censored]" when I stub my toe. I am clearly a degenerate. That must be why I don't stand in judgement of Amy Winehouse. (And I'm fascinated to know how you can be quite so certain that those wonderful Broadway performers you refer to aren't doing exactly what Ms. Winehouse is? I'm acquainted with a few of their West End counterparts and I happen to know their offstage behaviour makes her look like the Virgin Mary.)

I don't think it's wrong to present a view or an opinion on a site like this, dee-bee. An opinion or view will necessarily have a value judgment thrown in there for good measure.

Von H even admits that he/she was wrong on Robert Downey jr...and, imo, it takes a mature person to admit they're wrong. You have your own view, dee-bee, and that's great. But do we have to [censored] on folk who espouse a different yet not an invalid POV?

I'm divided on this subject (Amy for Quantum) but it's good to know that we have a forum where we can voice an opinion and not get brow-beaten for it...or scolded as a 10 year old by a school teacher in the 1950s.

Anyway, have a wonderful evening at the bar tonight, dee-bee old boy, and make sure you take your scuba gear and lots of lube! :tup:

#285 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:47 PM

Here's a really bizarre article posted at the Daily Star with their own take on the Bond bit: http://www.dailystar...AMY-WINEMOUSE-/

#286 Von Hammerstein

Von Hammerstein

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:25 AM

I didn't even imply that I was perfect. I'm far from it. However when famous peopleget to behave badly and go unscathed because of their fame it's a bad example for everyone. When I was young if a singer or movie star got arrested for drugs it was over for them, unless the studie got it hushed up first. Now it seems that as long as you're a famous actor or singer or sports player you can drive drunk, show up to parties w/o underwear, rape and pillage and the world goes: "How awful it must be to be them. " Yeah how awful to make money doing what you love when most people trudge to a thankless job everyday.
I also say bad words when I stub my toe or mess up when I'm hanging a picture. I've been to gay bars and I even enjoy a good stiff drink and cigar from time to time. I've had casual sex and enjoyed it. I used to be in the theatre business, I know of which you speak when you talk about the outrageous behavior. What I'm saying is when you reach the spot where you're lauded as the best, then it's time to grow up and act like the best. Beacuse there are so many waiting to take your place. You'd think that alone would keep them in line. You know Clark Gable and Sinatra and the Rat Pack, JFK and Marilyn Monroe were a randy, hard drinking, crazy bunch. But we didn't find out about it till years later. They had some self respect and decorum. Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities.

#287 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:17 AM

Oh I am so tired of placing these people like Winehouse on a pedestal. She can sing. Okay. But she wastes her gift with drugs and fist fights with her husband and others. This redwarding of disgusting behavior has to end.

Who is rewarding her 'disgusting behaviour'? As far as I'm aware, the only awards she has won are for her music. It seems to me her private life receives only pity or condemnation, not rewards.

Uh, well, it seems her entire career is built on the fact that she's an addict. I played bass guitar in a small music ensemble for my college with the theme of "Seven Deadly Songs", and we used Rehab as the entry for "Pride" ...

#288 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:50 AM

Her career is based on her ability to write good songs and sing them brilliantly

#289 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:53 AM

Her career is based on her ability to write good songs and sing them brilliantly

Good songs; pffft. Rehab is wholly based around the fact that she's an addict and is refusing help! I hardly call that a good song; the only reason we included it in the ensemble was because we couldn't think of anything else for Pride (and we needed something that could use the saxophone ... and then we had to segue it into St. Anger, which was damn near impossible but actually came off pretty good). Not to mention the fact that she sounds like she's got a frog stuck in her throat. She was never a good choice for the title song, and the only reason anyone gave her any thought was because the tabloids were browbeating it into everyone as if they thought they could be the ones to decide the title artist.

I'm still failing to see what makes her so brilliant. The Grammys might have meant something once, but in the last decade or so they've simply become commercıalısed. They count for nothing.

#290 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:03 AM

[quote name='Captain Tightpants' post='871492' date='18 May 2008 - 06:53'][quote name=

The Grammys might have meant something once, but in the last decade or so they've simply become commercıalısed. They count for nothing.[/quote]

i hate the grammys and like oscars, they mean nothing. a complete waste of their back slapping time. well, my time

Edited by quantumofsolace, 18 May 2008 - 07:15 AM.

#291 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:59 AM

When I was young if a singer or movie star got arrested for drugs it was over for them,

Really? How old are you? What about the Beatles and Stones?

#292 bond 16.05.72

bond 16.05.72

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:07 AM

I didn't even imply that I was perfect. I'm far from it. However when famous peopleget to behave badly and go unscathed because of their fame it's a bad example for everyone. When I was young if a singer or movie star got arrested for drugs it was over for them, unless the studie got it hushed up first. Now it seems that as long as you're a famous actor or singer or sports player you can drive drunk, show up to parties w/o underwear, rape and pillage and the world goes: "How awful it must be to be them. " Yeah how awful to make money doing what you love when most people trudge to a thankless job everyday.
I also say bad words when I stub my toe or mess up when I'm hanging a picture. I've been to gay bars and I even enjoy a good stiff drink and cigar from time to time. I've had casual sex and enjoyed it. I used to be in the theatre business, I know of which you speak when you talk about the outrageous behavior. What I'm saying is when you reach the spot where you're lauded as the best, then it's time to grow up and act like the best. Beacuse there are so many waiting to take your place. You'd think that alone would keep them in line. You know Clark Gable and Sinatra and the Rat Pack, JFK and Marilyn Monroe were a randy, hard drinking, crazy bunch. But we didn't find out about it till years later. They had some self respect and decorum. Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities.

You for get back when those legends were around the media was no where near as intensified as it is now, celebrities lives are put under a micropscope and they are open to all.

The press had no where near the same access, yes their was gutter press like Devito in L.A Confidential but not in comparisson with the pap these days. Their is the Internet as well, everthing is available for all to see pretty much after it's happened.

Maybe if those legends you mention were put under the same scrutiny that celebs are now you wouldn't be so proud of these supposed bastions of restraint. Winehouse isn't a racist and a bully that I know but Sinatra treated Sammy Davis Jnr like dirt at times and was always calling him the N word.

Winehouse is just harming herself and sacrificing her talent not beating people up belittling them or consorting with gangsters. It would be wise to think about mentioning Frank as a some cool dude who kept it all behind doors and far from the public but his past has caught up with him and he is revealed to us as rather ugly man.

I love the man's music but what I learn about the real Sinatra makes me have very little respect for Frank the man, I love Miles Davis's music but I've read his own auto biography and numerous other books on the man and he wasn't very nice man and his drug consumption would make Winehouse seem like Kylie.

We're all to quick to dismiss people these days and compare them to legends of days gone by but we live in a very different world now and the media's microscopes are far more magnified than they were back then, you only now what you saw but it's clear now alot of these so called decent celebs were habouring a dark side that as only come to light in recent times, as far as Monroe, I can't beieve you put her in there, legend yes but was seriously messed up woman and Winehouse hasn't reached that stage yet.

#293 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

Would you be so non-judgmental if Gary Glitter(convicted child molester) were asked to perform the theme song?

Shame on you. Child molesting and drug addiction aren't even close to the same thing. Can't quite believe you even brought that up.

#294 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:39 PM

[quote name='Gravity's Silhouette' date='18 May 2008 - 14:10' post='871543']/quote]

Would you be so non-judgmental if Gary Glitter(convicted child molester) were asked to perform the theme song? What if EON hired someone who was stridently homophobic, or racist? Could you be so non-judgmental then?

Someone previously compared Winehouse to Paul McCartney's drug use, sacrastically suggesting we remove his work from LALD, but the comparison is an uneven one./quote]

No point my answering your questions as you provided the perfect answer to them yourself. As you, yourself, suggest making uneven comparisons is pointless and silly. And I do not equate Amy Winehouse with Gary Glitter.

#295 honeyjes

honeyjes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

I just can't understand how people can sit in their ivory towers and condemn people, not all things are black and white. How many of you go on a bender and embarrass yourselves regulalrly without a thought for your liver and kidneys. Robert Downey Junior had to hit rock bottom before he sorted himself out, and I bet a few of you went to seen Iron Man. As for Daniel having sympathy with Amy, it wasn,t too long ago when there was a sustained vitriolic, and billious campaign lodged against him because he had the audacity to accept the role of James Bond. I don't think he's forgotten how it feels to be reviled.

#296 Fro

Fro

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

Here's a really bizarre article posted at the Daily Star with their own take on the Bond bit: http://www.dailystar...AMY-WINEMOUSE-/

Basically, they claim Winehouse finished recording the title song last week without Ronson and it's awesome.

Meanwhile we can reveal that Amy Winehouse HAS recorded a track 007 theme tune without producer pal Mark Ronson. The Back To Black star put the finishing touches on the Shirley Bassey-type track last week and her record company are already hailing it as a "smash hit".

Man-of-the-moment Ronson, 32, was supposed to be producing the song with Amy, 24, but he pulled the plug on their studio sessions due to her erratic behaviour. He then hit out at his pal saying the song would only be completed by some sort of "miracle".

Ronson's attack led to rumours that Amy could be replaced by British rivals' Duffy or Adele, but a record company source revealed the theme tune to Quantum of Solace was already in the bag.

The insider told us: "Amy has already recorded the track. It is done and dusted and sounds fantastic. "It's like an old Shirley Bassey classic with a big orchestra of trumpets.

"It will be a smash hit and will go down as one of the all time James Bond classic theme tunes.

"The final title hasn't been decided yet but it has been going by the working title of 'Solace'."

#297 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

But what about the idea of context?

Did Eon give them a piece of the screenplay or treatment? Didn't Cornell have a pretty good idea of what to incorporate into the lyrics? [He even had the luxury of having David Arnold involved.] Even Madonna knew the context of what she was writing about.

So they say they have a song. But so what? All we know is they worked with a movie title and they were having a tough time finding words to rhyme with solace.

No where is it said that they have an idea of what the movie's all about or that they have a piece of the script which they worked from.

Does anyone here know that Eon or Arnold gave Winehouse anything other than the title (which anyone can plainly see what it is) to work with?

#298 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

Of course, whether that equates with being "an adult", as you seem to suggest, is another matter. Personally, I feel it is far more mature to accept that people have weaknesses; and history suggests that great artists have rather more than the rest of us. But, then, what do I know? I smoke. I drink. I go to gay bars. I say ":tup:" when I stub my toe. I am clearly a degenerate. That must be why I don't stand in judgement of Amy Winehouse. (And I'm fascinated to know how you can be quite so certain that those wonderful Broadway performers you refer to aren't doing exactly what Ms. Winehouse is? I'm acquainted with a few of their West End counterparts and I happen to know their offstage behaviour makes her look like the Virgin Mary.)

You didn't. My sensibilities are far from delicate, I assure you.

But - and forgive me if I mistake your meaning - you seem to be implying that bad behaviour by stars is perfectly okay provided the plebs don't actually get to hear about it. Well, I'm sorry but that amounts to hypocrisy in my book.

And it's imortant to remember that we are all basing our opinions on Ms. Winehouse largely on what is reported in the media. And what is in the media is, again largely, supplied by the British tabloids and is mostly tosh. It is for that reason that I refuse to stand in judgement of her.

After all, one only needs to look to the mess created in Iraq - the result of an illegal war - to see where acting as judge and jury based on dodgy information can lead us.

But what about the idea of context?

Did Eon give them a piece of the screenplay or treatment? Didn't Cornell have a pretty good idea of what to incorporate into the lyrics? [He even had the luxury of having David Arnold involved.] Even Madonna knew the context of what she was writing about.

So they say they have a song. But so what? All we know is they worked with a movie title and they were having a tough time finding words to rhyme with solace.

No where is it said that they have an idea of what the movie's all about or that they have a piece of the script which they worked from.

Does anyone here know that Eon or Arnold gave Winehouse anything other than the title (which anyone can plainly see what it is) to work with?

I'd take this report with a pinch of salt. It's in the Daily Star. If they have a page to fill, they'll make something up to fill it. They do it all the time.

#299 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:25 PM

Not me. I've never smoked a cigarette, never done one hardcore drug, and my liquor consumption is extremely limited.

Wow. You should try it. It would quite probably make you a far more likeable person.

#300 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:42 PM

I just can't understand how people can sit in their ivory towers and condemn people, not all things are black and white.

Please make a case for me where hard core drug addiction and assault and battery are A GOOD THING. Please! Anybody! I'm struggling to understand why the people who don't want a known crack addict singing the Bond theme song are somehow the bad people in this argument.

How many of you go on a bender and embarrass yourselves regulalrly without a thought for your liver and kidneys.

Not me. I've never smoked a cigarette, never done one hardcore drug, and my liquor consumption is extremely limited.

Robert Downey Junior had to hit rock bottom before he sorted himself out, and I bet a few of you went to seen Iron Man.

He wasn't offered Iron Man-type roles either until he got clean and sober. Do you really think Hollywood was going to reward Downey's behavior with a potential billion dollar franchise while he was still struggling to fight against alcohol and drugs?

... However, they are HIS PAST PROBLEMS. Winehouse's addiction issues are FRONT and CENTER; CURRENT. To give her the coveted theme song while she's still toxic is not only immoral, it's actually bad business...

...So don't expect that people should just hand over things to Winehouse simply because no one is perfect.

My old adversary (from Autumn 2006) Gravety's Silhouette has some very lucid observations here. GS makes a good deal of sense, i.e., kinda like "clean up your act so you can become our act". Reasonable enough, really.

We're all entitled to an opinion and there is no right or wrong when it comes to opinion. Fact, however, is a totally different element:

And 'current' fact, i.e., (reported) drug abuse and (reported) violence does not jive with good business sense. James Bond movies may be more arty and stylized than most movies out there, but it remains big business, doesn't it?

No one's bigger than James Bond. Not Sean Connery, not Cubby Brocolli, not Pierce Brosnan, not John Barry and certainly not a 24 year old who's only been around a few years - and a majority of those few years not in an entirely positive light.

Let's see how it pans out.